Official Penny Stock Day Trade / Short Term

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2021 3:52 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
7465 posts
4388 upvotes
Vancouver
notenoughsleep wrote: Took a small speculative position in JK.V (Justkitchen) @$1.11, a ghost kitchen company that just IPOd yesterday
I had mentioned JK.V when it first IPOed. I'm up over 40% on it now! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

sold LNK.CN. Had been under water for awhile and was meant to be a short-term trade, so nice to get out with some profits (~15%)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
5045 posts
1179 upvotes
London
Thanks to whoever mentioned Just Kitchen (JK.V) last week. I don't normally pay attention to Canadian companies, but did some DD on them when it was posted on here and invested a good amount last week at 1.05/share and they hit 1.60 today Astonished Face. It sounded like a good concept to me and they were in sound financial position. Their team also has some big names that include guys like Jason Chen (One of the co-founders of YouTube) and Kai Huang (founder of RedOctane which did the Guitar Hero franchise) so I was sold.
Last edited by spham on Apr 28th, 2021 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
9037 posts
6777 upvotes
Winnipeg
Cidm Gap
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2020
1084 posts
3096 upvotes
lilmikey wrote: @CDNGreenTrader I know you like low market caps , dont know if you like the sector, have a look at Ayurcann Holdings Corp : AYUR https://ayurcann.com/
MC was 16m, PP at 0.189 over subscribed , 100M float , moving with volume after closed PP
I'm not in it atm

Better play than LABS I say knock knock @JRGUINNESS
Thanks! Will cehck it out.

HEXO the only og cannabis play I like but may be worth looking into these smaller companies as the entire sector could move on further US legislation.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
1666 posts
1458 upvotes
faken wrote: I think I might have to do this as well. I don't see it going past 8.50 anytime soon lol
for [KODK] I have done the following:
on Mar 9 I sold Mar 10's @ 0.65 & expired them
on Mar 22 I sold Apr 10's @ 0.46
on Apr 8 I rolled the Apr's to May 10's @ 0.56

KODK is moving up to 8$ resistance level. I'll roll the May's out to Jun's when they have decayed a bit more.
Nov 11, 2020
40 posts
37 upvotes
Definitely an interesting concept. Curious, what's your PT for them?
spham wrote: Thanks to whoever mentioned Just Kitchen (JK.V) last week. I don't normally pay attention to Canadian companies, but did some DD on them when it was posted on here and invested a good amount last week at 1.05/share and they hit 1.60 today Astonished Face. It sounded like a good concept to me and they were in sound financial position. Their team also has some big names that include guys like Jason Chen (One of the co-founders of YouTube) and Kai Huang (founder of RedOctane which did the Guitar Hero franchise) so I was sold.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
9037 posts
6777 upvotes
Winnipeg
shadowsteve wrote: for [KODK] I have done the following:
on Mar 9 I sold Mar 10's @ 0.65 & expired them
on Mar 22 I sold Apr 10's @ 0.46
on Apr 8 I rolled the Apr's to May 10's @ 0.56

KODK is moving up to 8$ resistance level. I'll roll the May's out to Jun's when they have decayed a bit more.
Maybe I should just do Apple puts and then get money from that and then just dump Kodk Face With Tears Of Joy

GME is slowly climbing since I threw money at it this morning.
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Nov 1, 2005
330 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
I know this isn't a penny stock but REAL.TO has been closing green pretty much everyday since the low around March 31st of $13.99 if anyone wants to look at some slow and steady gains on the Canadian stock side :)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
5678 posts
3402 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lilmikey wrote: Better play than LABS I say knock knock @JRGUINNESS
Could be a high risk, high reward play with Ayurcann I guess.

Just starting up as an extractor and white label provider could be good timing with a flood of cheap flower on the market right now.

However, VLNS, LABS, OILS already well into the game and providing cheaper products to gain market share in Canada might price them out.

I'll keep my money with a company that has sales growing in Canada, 30+ agreements in place with customers in eight countries starting to fruit, STADA, Drug License, GMP certified and a home base in Australia as well.

Edit: Just wanted to add that LABS is and should be considered a Pharma company, not an MJ. They focus on the THC and CBD as API (active pharmaceutical ingredients), of which over 50% is said to be exported to the USA. LABS being a pharmaceutical company, it will be A LOT easier to move products, as they won’t have boarder restrictions like other company's and products. I have heard humours that if the US legalizes, they will not be opening the door to Canadian products. Doesn't affect LABS and their API Pharm products.
Last edited by JRGUINNESS on Apr 28th, 2021 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
5045 posts
1179 upvotes
London
Sherlock29 wrote: Definitely an interesting concept. Curious, what's your PT for them?
I’m not really sure. I know people out there are expecting a market cap of $200M and $3/share by the end the year given their expansion continues and revenues keep growing. I haven’t really decided whether this will be a long-term investment or short-term for me.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2013
1237 posts
625 upvotes
WATERLOO
I need to start purging my holdings and throwing it all in just a few stocks for bigger gains even with small movements...
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2987 posts
1780 upvotes
GTA
I'm in VEGN at 0.22 for a swing play , stop up at 0.17 , need break of 0.25 then to 0.36 then to 0.50
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2987 posts
1780 upvotes
GTA
ballashotcaller wrote: I need to start purging my holdings and throwing it all in just a few stocks for bigger gains even with small movements...
Bigger loses too if goes red , beware
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
4372 posts
472 upvotes
ballashotcaller wrote: I need to start purging my holdings and throwing it all in just a few stocks for bigger gains even with small movements...
i had the exact same thought.
but just as i have the thought, those that i want to purge show a little green for the day then i'm like "nawww....it's gonna come back!"
Questrade | Crypto.com | BlockFi | Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2013
1237 posts
625 upvotes
WATERLOO
lilmikey wrote: Bigger loses too if goes red , beware
But then forces you to do proper DD instead of gambling a little bit here and a little bit there. Also allows you to focus and properly track your holdings. When i see my overall portfolio jump/drop by 30% i need to scroll to see what is causing that spike lol
Aug 8, 2011
549 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
MMED just hit it's all time high...anyone unloading/buying? Thoughts on catalysts that could drive this higher?
BigTRBL

Spend money to save money...the theory is brilliant.
Aug 13, 2019
409 posts
221 upvotes
I'm mostly focused on just a few stocks right now. Mara is spiking with high volume, bodes well for btc
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2987 posts
1780 upvotes
GTA
ballashotcaller wrote: But then forces you to do proper DD instead of gambling a little bit here and a little bit there. Also allows you to focus and properly track your holdings. When i see my overall portfolio jump/drop by 30% i need to scroll to see what is causing that spike lol
To be honest with you my swing trade wins have been on just reading charts on tickers I watch, looking at MACD, RSI, Volume etc. then knowing when to enter a trade, little to no DD on the company itself.

For my longer trades yes and then those I dont even look at the SP really.

Having a good entry point is key as well as having your exit point and standing by it.
Jun 27, 2012
232 posts
117 upvotes
wow really wish I got more JK.V! Added some more to my position here
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2987 posts
1780 upvotes
GTA
BigTRBL wrote: MMED just hit it's all time high...anyone unloading/buying? Thoughts on catalysts that could drive this higher?
Huh? ATH was 6.97 the other day 27th?

I'm holding from an average up buy at 5.04 right now, with my initial buy at 0.53 last year, so 1.60 avg?

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

DC2020