Investing

Official Penny Stock Day Trade / Swing Trade / Short Term

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 10:03 am
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2823 posts
1493 upvotes
tietherope wrote: I don't mean to scare anyone while talking about earnings releases, but we have FORT with theirs tomorrow. Eek!
Got 20 shares lol literally was spare change left from my mvis spending
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2017
1055 posts
923 upvotes
Toronto
faken wrote: I got one before that.. NIO.. I only have 1/2 position.. so... lets hope. I few of my buddies are in this and they are all saying it will hit $100 EOY.. So they'd stop nagging me to get some I bought it just to shut them up. But I'm looking into their company more... NIO House is wild tho lmao.
It’s legit, have a position in it since $22. Only thing that’s scary about them is that it’s a chinese company and they got bad rep thanks to Luckin lol.

I do believe they’ll be $100 in the next two years.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
2178 posts
2040 upvotes
By the Large Bay
For those concerned about ER moves... it's a binary event. Either hedge your position prior or switch from shares to options to reduce our exposure. Just my view. YMMV yada yada yada
Oct 28, 2013
520 posts
452 upvotes
Not Toronto
BigStick wrote: I've made 15-35% on it numerous times. Agree it is a dud but it reliably swings between .085-.115. I think MMED is going to move up more once we get a green day and this will follow. Also there's a chance to hit a wildcard day when it spikes up to .15. Only reason I'm (trying) to buy it above my regular .085-0.09 level is because of the huge positive shroom sentiment this week.

Kind of like playing the slot machine, I'm not gonna pretend otherwise. This is what I do when I'm bored at work Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
I guess I just don't hold enough shares to make the swing between .085 and .115 worthwhile. Maybe I should buy more shares so the swings are more impactful? I have it in my TD account so each buy/sell is $9.99. If I add more volume the swings might make more of a difference for me so I can make a bit of money and then get out once and for all.
Deal Expert
Oct 7, 2010
15536 posts
5790 upvotes
hockeyfan1990 wrote: It’s legit, have a position in it since $22. Only thing that’s scary about them is that it’s a chinese company and they got bad rep thanks to Luckin lol.

My friends told me about NIO after it rocketed to 60 this year, but they were keeping quiet about it last year. NIO has potential but not 60 bucks potential. It was all speculation. It will not get big in North Ameirca as Anerican prefer the charging station instead of Swap station. Battery swap would be a pickle if it got stuck or the bolts rusted out. It is not practical in winter due to salting.

China #1 electric is BYD. So Nio got catching up to do.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2017
2027 posts
3623 upvotes
Toronto
WSB shitting all over mvis. Not looking forward to tomorrow lol
Aug 8, 2011
593 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
vivmk20 wrote: @faken I am not convinced.

Revenue for the first quarter of 2021 was $0.5 million, compared to $1.5 million for the first quarter of 2020.

Numbers does not lie also their language is so many big holes.

We expect that a version of this first-generation long-range lidar sensor, after internal and external validation, reliability and compliance testing, could be available for sale, in initial quantities, in the third or fourth quarter of 2021 as we previously reported

Validation, reliability and compliance all takes time. They are talking about internal and external.

Clear smokescreen. This is not gamble but simple Pump and Dump
Disagree with the comments about revenue as that shouldn't be a focus at all when it's an R&D Tech company at this point with no sales team. So in this case, oddly, the numbers actually do lie.

Totally agree with the language on that call - to0 weasely and not direct enough - underwhelming to say the least. I was hoping they were going to mention something about the MSFT contract or another partnership. If weakness persists then that would make it more appealing as an acquisition. We know they are already working with MSFT and NVDA with AAPL also being a candidate. If you look at the charts it is clearly being manipulated by short attacks and then scooped up by smart money at lower prices. It's a volatile stock and this is what you sign up for when you invest in spec stocks. The day to day doesn't matter when you believe in the vision and the tech.
BigTRBL

Spend money to save money...the theory is brilliant.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2001
1041 posts
900 upvotes
As long as NIO keeps building battery swap locations in China and maybe in Europe, their business model is great. Most people in China love in condos/apartments. Getting a parking spot of difficult enough, getting a parking spot to charge your car is super difficult.

The flexibility of the same battery size with different capacity is awesome. The flexibility they have built in for supporting different battery technologies (both with and without nickel) gives them more options to lower costs and to support their users.

I got into NIO at about $11. I convinced my parents to put $1100 into it (100 shares and let it sit for a year) NIO did nothing for a few months and then took off to $21. My parents dumped it in excitement. I hung on, they have been bugging me since I didn't sell even after it hit $60 (I had sold 1/2 at $50) now my parents got back in at $35. I think they will be huge in the next few years and since I originally only put in $2200 and have already traded in half for 1 share of AMZN and 40 shares of Apple while still holding half a position. I am happy. I will hold all 3 in my RRSP for many years to come.

hockeyfan1990 wrote: It’s legit, have a position in it since $22. Only thing that’s scary about them is that it’s a chinese company and they got bad rep thanks to Luckin lol.

spike1128 wrote: My friends told me about NIO after it rocketed to 60 this year, but they were keeping quiet about it last year. NIO has potential but not 60 bucks potential. It was all speculation. It will not get big in North Ameirca as Anerican prefer the charging station instead of Swap station. Battery swap would be a pickle if it got stuck or the bolts rusted out. It is not practical in winter due to salting.

China #1 electric is BYD. So Nio got catching up to do.
faken wrote: I got one before that.. NIO.. I only have 1/2 position.. so... lets hope. I few of my buddies are in this and they are all saying it will hit $100 EOY.. So they'd stop nagging me to get some I bought it just to shut them up. But I'm looking into their company more... NIO House is wild tho lmao.
[QUOTE]Most of the things worth doing in this world, have been declared impossible before they were done.[/QUOTE]

Heatware: JetLi
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2020
2424 posts
2859 upvotes
West Rouge, Ontario
faken wrote: I'm not even phased by this ... Patience.
on MVIS ^^^ this
looking both ways wasting time doing unimportant things.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19151 posts
9079 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Lmao MVIS financials are awful. Wow.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
5156 posts
1315 upvotes
London
Wow, I knew I should have shorted MVIS or bought Puts. I didn't think it would tank this much after Earnings.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19151 posts
9079 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
oh_so_fly wrote: That one comment is so on point.

"It’s just a game. Pump—> WSB FOMO—> buy puts—> FUD—-> $$$$—-> buy calls—-> pump , repeat"
Problem is timing. In hindsight buying a put on GME when it hit over $250 was smart money but would you really have the balls to do that?
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5621 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
spham wrote: Wow, I knew I should have shorted MVIS or bought Puts. I didn't think it would tank this much after Earnings.
i was going to buy puts at $26 but wsb is unpredictable and IV was too high. look at all their previous earnings, they're all trash lol

i do wish i got in at $1 with like a measly amount, but hell if i was going to chase something that went up 27x the company is worth because of buyout hopes

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)