Investing

Official Penny Stock Day Trade / Short Term

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2021 3:52 pm
Apr 8, 2001
924 posts
761 upvotes
I keep looking at Questtrade vs interactive brokers, but I can't make up my mind. Can you manage multiple accounts? One thing I would like to do is manage my wife's account (not an active trader), I need to log into her account separate from mine, which has delayed reactions especially if I'm at work. Trying to log into each account to make adjustments quickly just won't work quickly for me.
faken wrote: I moved everything to Questrade. I have never been happier. Yes I'll pay the fees for each transaction but the quantities that I play it's worth it. Plus it's more organized in one place.

I realized I had $10 left in my WS because of referral so I have $10 worth of Fort in there 🤣. I'll probably never sell 🤣
[QUOTE]Most of the things worth doing in this world, have been declared impossible before they were done.[/QUOTE]

Heatware: JetLi
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
9037 posts
6777 upvotes
Winnipeg
JetLi wrote: I keep looking at Questtrade vs interactive brokers, but I can't make up my mind. Can you manage multiple accounts? One thing I would like to do is manage my wife's account (not an active trader), I need to log into her account separate from mine, which has delayed reactions especially if I'm at work. Trying to log into each account to make adjustments quickly just won't work quickly for me.
TFSA, rrsp, cash all with them. I do manage multiple accounts at once. Just 1 click to flip between accounts. It's honestly the best imo. Free ETFs.
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5556 posts
4004 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
triniflip wrote: Got some of REED as well on the dip if you're interested
Bought some REED. Looks like it's making a move now.
Jan 31, 2016
890 posts
615 upvotes
Kawartha Lakes
faken wrote: I moved everything to Questrade. I have never been happier. Yes I'll pay the fees for each transaction but the quantities that I play it's worth it. Plus it's more organized in one place.

I realized I had $10 left in my WS because of referral so I have $10 worth of Fort in there 🤣. I'll probably never sell 🤣
I did the same except with TD. Because of my volume it's $7 a transaction. I have $4 worth of SHRM in WS. :)
Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music - Carlin
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1939 posts
1185 upvotes
Nova Scotia
JetLi wrote: I keep looking at Questtrade vs interactive brokers, but I can't make up my mind. Can you manage multiple accounts? One thing I would like to do is manage my wife's account (not an active trader), I need to log into her account separate from mine, which has delayed reactions especially if I'm at work. Trying to log into each account to make adjustments quickly just won't work quickly for me.
Questrade here. I don't know if it helps, but I keep my wife's login in Edge and mine in Firefox, both with multiple accounts. Even then it can get confusing sometimes, especially if I have lots of forums and reddit open.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
6781 posts
4797 upvotes
cliffclaven wrote: Questrade here. I don't know if it helps, but I keep my wife's login in Edge and mine in Firefox, both with multiple accounts. Even then it can get confusing sometimes, especially if I have lots of forums and reddit open.
Ouch, making her use Edge. She must have really made you mad.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1939 posts
1185 upvotes
Nova Scotia
tietherope wrote: Ouch, making her use Edge. She must have really made you mad.
Haha, no, I'm (mis)managing it all.
Oct 15, 2008
175 posts
181 upvotes
cliffclaven wrote: Questrade here. I don't know if it helps, but I keep my wife's login in Edge and mine in Firefox, both with multiple accounts. Even then it can get confusing sometimes, especially if I have lots of forums and reddit open.
I do the same haha
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
5678 posts
3402 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Learned this trick with Questrade.

You can avoid some fees If you don't use the Bid/Ask.

I.E AC.TO - Bid: 24.99 - Ask: 25.00

Use a limited buy for 24.98. Since its not in the spread, you avoid some fees, and your commission SHOULD be capped at 9.95
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
4372 posts
472 upvotes
Questrade here as well - margin, tfsa, rrsp.

Previously I was using the web interface of QT but today I installed Questrade IQ Edge. There is so much going on when compared to the web version....but it makes me feel like a real trader (whatever that means :P) - green and red all over my screen (mostly red!). Seriously though, information overload but the charts allow for more granularity so I'm going to force myself to get used to it.
Questrade | Crypto.com | BlockFi | Public Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
6781 posts
4797 upvotes
elfen2 wrote: Did FORT just go up?
Second time it's done that today. Someone buying at market it seems.

Edit: Was around 50k shares at market through Questrade apparently.
Hopefully someone spending 25k knows something that we don't.
Last edited by tietherope on May 4th, 2021 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
14155 posts
4120 upvotes
GTA
notenoughsleep wrote: ACT.CN the only green in my small cap portfolio
Nicely done. Speculative play - I was looking at it after you (or another poster) mentioned it the other day and looking to enter a 1/2 to start but man it ran quickly.
Last edited by RolandCouch on May 4th, 2021 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1939 posts
1185 upvotes
Nova Scotia
ipxxx wrote: Questrade here as well - margin, tfsa, rrsp.

Previously I was using the web interface of QT but today I installed Questrade IQ Edge. There is so much going on when compared to the web version....but it makes me feel like a real trader (whatever that means :P) - green and red all over my screen (mostly red!). Seriously though, information overload but the charts allow for more granularity so I'm going to force myself to get used to it.
I haven't used IQ Edge. My reasoning is that I shouldn't be doing split second trades. I should be a (little) more thoughtful in what I'm doing and not require information at that level.
This may change, or course.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
7465 posts
4388 upvotes
Vancouver
RolandCouch wrote: Nicely done. Speculative play - I was looking at it after you (or another poster) mentioned it the other day and looking to enter a 1/2 to start but man it ran quickly.
The two I introduced recently to RFD were JK.V and ACT.CN have done well, but I can assure you, I have many more in my small cap portfolio that are showing red, LOL
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
14155 posts
4120 upvotes
GTA
notenoughsleep wrote: The two I introduced recently to RFD were JK.V and ACT.CN have done well, but I can assure you, I have many more in my small cap portfolio that are showing red, LOL
We all have our winners and losers lol. I recently picked up a couple larger cap US names, one is doing alright and the other not so well.

Looks like you did well on those two...a couple home runs can make up for a lot of strikes. ACT.CN definitely had a nice move even with small volume. I don't like to chase so I'll watch it continue to spike and get mad at myself later lol
Oct 28, 2013
518 posts
450 upvotes
Not Toronto
My only green today was SHIP. Every single other stock I hold was red.
Oct 8, 2007
295 posts
254 upvotes
Ontario
Wow, thank you all for the detailed responses! I will be low volume low $$, so I think maybe WS to start with. Might switch to QT when I get more confident or start making bigger trades.

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 1 guest)

chickeni, wrcfocus, DC2020, AdamKing, cliffclaven