Investing

Official Penny Stock Day Trade / Short Term

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2022 4:47 pm
Dec 16, 2006
379 posts
322 upvotes
Toronto
notenoughsleep wrote: The two I introduced recently to RFD were JK.V and ACT.CN have done well, but I can assure you, I have many more in my small cap portfolio that are showing red, LOL
I think I beat you to the punch on ACT.CN Winking Face. Had previously posted on CMC & ACT a few times without much fanfare. Waiting for an entry into PLAN.V as I think it will get chased in a few months.

Were it not for McWhirter being on board, I'd be looking to trim ACT shares tomorrow. Holding tightly and waiting for him to pump this above $3.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
8330 posts
5181 upvotes
Vancouver
oh_so_fly wrote: I think I beat you to the punch on ACT.CN Winking Face. Had previously posted on CMC & ACT a few times without much fanfare. Waiting for an entry into PLAN.V as I think it will get chased in a few months.

Were it not for McWhirter being on board, I'd be looking to trim ACT shares tomorrow. Holding tightly and waiting for him to pump this above $3.
Oops, my bad didn't see your post on ACT.CN. I only posted after it IPOd. Kudos goes to you!
Dec 16, 2006
379 posts
322 upvotes
Toronto
shoppingkart wrote: Yellen talking about rate hikes....down we go
Morning: "It may be that interest rates will have to rise a little bit to make sure our economy doesn't overheat"

Now: "Let me be clear it’s not something I’m predicting or recommending”

She must have been shorting the market today. Green day tomorrow?
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
14635 posts
4762 upvotes
GTA
oh_so_fly wrote: I think I beat you to the punch on ACT.CN Winking Face. Had previously posted on CMC & ACT a few times without much fanfare. Waiting for an entry into PLAN.V as I think it will get chased in a few months.

What tells you McWhirter is on board with ACT?
Dec 16, 2006
379 posts
322 upvotes
Toronto
RolandCouch wrote: What tells you McWhirter is on board with ACT?
Someone on the CEO board said he was pretty certain McWhirter was in on the $0.25 round with him.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
14635 posts
4762 upvotes
GTA
oh_so_fly wrote: Someone on the CEO board said he was pretty certain McWhirter was in on the $0.25 round with him.
Wouldn't surprise me but I wouldn't believe everything you read on there either.
Jun 27, 2012
248 posts
166 upvotes
McWhirter or not, I wish I picked up a lot more ACT when it dipped this morning.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
2129 posts
1445 upvotes
Nova Scotia
queentasha wrote: My only green today was SHIP. Every single other stock I hold was red.
My greens today:
MMED, JK, ETHH, ENB, BCE, T, XDIV

I hold a lot of XGRO and XEQT and those reds really put me in the hole today.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7801 posts
5901 upvotes
oh_so_fly wrote: Morning: "It may be that interest rates will have to rise a little bit to make sure our economy doesn't overheat"

Now: "Let me be clear it’s not something I’m predicting or recommending”

She must have been shorting the market today. Green day tomorrow?
They don't believe Powell when he says the same thing over and over. Now that she has said the opposite, even though she tried to walk it back, they may not let it go for quite a while. But hope they do.
Aug 13, 2019
545 posts
349 upvotes
arkangil wrote: Wow, thank you all for the detailed responses! I will be low volume low $$, so I think maybe WS to start with. Might switch to QT when I get more confident or start making bigger trades.
Don't use WS for american stocks unless its really low, like under 100 bucks, exchange will kill you
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
10824 posts
8870 upvotes
Winnipeg
cliffclaven wrote: My greens today:
MMED, JK, ETHH, ENB, BCE, T, XDIV

I hold a lot of XGRO and XEQT and those reds really put me in the hole today.
I have a lot of XGRO too.. but my MVIS boosted everything back lol.
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2292 posts
1104 upvotes
bomber17 wrote: Got some this morning at $2.12. looks like it's unstoppable today but I won't hold over, most likely will sell end of day.
Sucker me purchased at peak and then just tanked. Holding 50 share forever now
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5816 posts
4228 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
bestknightmare wrote: Sucker me purchased at peak and then just tanked. Holding 50 share forever now
Yah no idea what caused the big drop today. Luckily I set stop limit at $3.1.

It's a pharma company so you probably won't be holding too long. If you look at their charts, they'll eventually come back to this point.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2017
1402 posts
3040 upvotes
Toronto
bomber17 wrote: Yah no idea what caused the big drop today. Luckily I set stop limit at $3.1.

It's a pharma company so you probably won't be holding too long. If you look at their charts, they'll eventually come back to this point.
Bought deal offering at $1.54. Likely caused the drop, and will probably have even more of a sell off in the morning.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cocrysta ... 00461.html
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1206 posts
1165 upvotes
Kingston
Wpgguy86 wrote: Don't use WS for american stocks unless its really low, like under 100 bucks, exchange will kill you
Exchange is 1.5% premium in each direction, which is about the same as Q (except can't hold USD balance, for now), so long as you're not buying and selling constantly at min profits, you're ok.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
2622 posts
1600 upvotes
Alliston, ON
GLXY

Galaxy Digital to Acquire BitGo to Form Pre-Eminent Global Provider of Digital Asset Financial Services for Institutions Acquisition Makes Galaxy Digital the First Full-Service Financial Platform for Digital Assets Adding BitGo's Innovative Infrastructure Solutions to Our Industry-Defining Product Suite Galaxy to Undergo a Domestication Process on Intended Path to U.S. Listing Later this Year
May 15, 2015
423 posts
531 upvotes
Anyone going to take profit on ACT today if it reaches $1.3? That'd be 100% return in three days. Or letting it ride on upward?

I really admire the nature of their business. Still being relatively speculative, even the CEO/lead engineer admit they're still proving the technology out, might take my original investment out and let the rest ride.

@oh_so_fly
@notenoughsleep
Mar 10, 2021
138 posts
150 upvotes
Winnipeg
faken wrote: Wow I can't believe the meeting I was just in. Some people should not be in the positions they are in. I hate fixing people's mistakes when they get paid x2 what I get paid.

Today's not that bad... Cidm and mvis is green at least lol

Sounds like my job lol.
It ain't what you don't know what gets you into trouble.
Its what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Mark Twain.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

XXXmonet, caffeineboy