Official Penny Stock Day Trade / Short Term

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 6:38 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
7129 posts
658 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Started a position in $VTGN today, PT $2+.

Waiting for FDA approval for their medication to treat SAD. Received $5 million upfront in their collaboration with EverInsight Therapeutics. Just closed public offering yesterday.

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
5137 posts
510 upvotes
Winnipeg
jeffyjaixx wrote: Careful falling in love with a stock in this kangaroo market hehe.
if i fell in love with it.. i wouldn't have sold it off twice ;)
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
5137 posts
510 upvotes
Winnipeg
If I have a set buy for Xspa at $3.
Jan 25, 2019
102 posts
40 upvotes
COVID plays are taking a beating today. Anyone adding on these dips or not wanting to catch a falling knife?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
5137 posts
510 upvotes
Winnipeg
For those holding XSPA. This might be your chance today to get out or hold on for profits!!
Sep 18, 2019
187 posts
119 upvotes
faken wrote: For those holding XSPA. This might be your chance today to get out or hold on for profits!!
Wish me luck!!!

XpresSpa Group Signs Contract with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey for an XpresCheck™ COVID-19 Testing Facility at Newark Liberty International Airport
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/xpresspa ... 00315.html
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
4495 posts
3062 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
XSPA not doing so well. Down 4%.
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
5137 posts
510 upvotes
Winnipeg
bomber17 wrote: XSPA not doing so well. Down 4%.
it was before 10 am lol.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2008
1068 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
Bought ET ( energy transfer ) with a dividend yield of 18.63%
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
5137 posts
510 upvotes
Winnipeg
shipill wrote: Bought ET ( energy transfer ) with a dividend yield of 18.63%
nice buy!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
7129 posts
658 upvotes
Richmond Hill
faken wrote: For those holding XSPA. This might be your chance today to get out or hold on for profits!!
I wish I sold it off when it was still in mid 4's... lol. The ticker is THE definition of a penny stock roller coaster.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8731 posts
908 upvotes
Because of the extremely high variance of penny stocks, what % of your portfolio are you guys allocating to penny stocks? I actively trade currently about 30% of my portfolio now as I'm more comfortable with the swings of single stocks but still keep 70% in ETFs. I probably could allocate maybe 3% (keep my stocks at 27% of my portfolio) to penny stocks.

Thoughts?
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
5137 posts
510 upvotes
Winnipeg
sleepyguy wrote: Because of the extremely high variance of penny stocks, what % of your portfolio are you guys allocating to penny stocks? I actively trade currently about 30% of my portfolio now as I'm more comfortable with the swings of single stocks but still keep 70% in ETFs. I probably could allocate maybe 3% (keep my stocks at 27% of my portfolio) to penny stocks.

Thoughts?
Before I sold all my stocks because they were ATH. I allocated 10-15% to penny stocks. It honestly doesn't hurt to trade out smaller. It's honestly a different ball game compared to mid-large cap companies.. I would compare penny stocks to leveraged ETF's trading at x3..
What type of stocks were you looking at investing in? Also, the number one key thing is to secure profits whenever you can. It can turn south really quick.
Nov 27, 2019
155 posts
114 upvotes
I have about 5% of my portfolio in individual
stocks including penny stock and always take profit when I can. The tricky part is that only one wrong bet can fast eat most of your profit. It was my experience with LK. It took me a lot of time and effort to return lost money back (from other companies). It confirmed right the decision to keep “playing & learning” part of my portfolio up to 5%.