• Oct 25th, 2020 11:20 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
5102 posts
487 upvotes
Winnipeg
florenntina wrote: I have about 5% of my portfolio in individual
stocks including penny stock and always take profit when I can. The tricky part is that only one wrong bet can fast eat most of your profit. It was my experience with LK. It took me a lot of time and effort to return lost money back (from other companies). It confirmed right the decision to keep “playing & learning” part of my portfolio up to 5%.
It's literally money you really don't care about... if you make profit, use that to buy ETF's or better financially sound growth stocks.
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8706 posts
894 upvotes
Mostly tech, biotech or miners... leaning more towards tech. Tks for your input.
faken wrote: Before I sold all my stocks because they were ATH. I allocated 10-15% to penny stocks. It honestly doesn't hurt to trade out smaller. It's honestly a different ball game compared to mid-large cap companies.. I would compare penny stocks to leveraged ETF's trading at x3..
What type of stocks were you looking at investing in? Also, the number one key thing is to secure profits whenever you can. It can turn south really quick.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
5102 posts
487 upvotes
Winnipeg
sleepyguy wrote: Mostly tech, biotech or miners... leaning more towards tech. Tks for your input.
No problem. here's a few places I visit daily. I use finviz just to see tickers that have increased shares of 90%+ on the daily. Then I look into it a bit more.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pennystocks/
https://stocktwits.com
https://finviz.com
Oct 12, 2009
419 posts
128 upvotes
faken wrote: It's literally money you really don't care about... if you make profit, use that to buy ETF's or better financially sound growth stocks.
This is great advice. I always have X amount of cash for penny stocks/day trading. The rest of the portfolio is in safe shit/boring.

The way i see it I used to spend $10 a week on OLG bullcrap and never win. That's $500 a year for nothing. So I stopped all that and day trade instead, with this money I could potentially lose or potentially hit a gold mine but I'm always remembering how volatile it is
2010 Contest Wins: 0
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
5102 posts
487 upvotes
Winnipeg
any of you guys still holding Xspa? I'm looking at it for the past week and it keeps dropping them spiking then dropping haha.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
2726 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
geokilla wrote: Lol I lost so much this summer while the market goes on a bull run. WTF am I doing?
I gave up on penny stock after being burned many times and not taking profits so instead i took my money and invested in apple and reits stocks to make some money back. I kept a few penny stocks in my account which is currently 75% in the red as a reminder not to repeat my mistake again
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
6147 posts
2072 upvotes
willyxjai wrote: I gave up on penny stock after being burned many times and not taking profits so instead i took my money and invested in apple and reits stocks to make some money back. I kept a few penny stocks in my account which is currently 75% in the red as a reminder not to repeat my mistake again
Same just started investing and already down 6 figures. Fml.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
4478 posts
3054 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
faken wrote: any of you guys still holding Xspa? I'm looking at it for the past week and it keeps dropping them spiking then dropping haha.
I still have it lol. Averaged about $3.34 now.
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1107 posts
789 upvotes
Markham
vivibaby wrote: Same just started investing and already down 6 figures. Fml.
Well if you're playing penny stocks or these kinds of companies, don't call or even think of it as "investing". It's trading or speculating (or really, gambling).

Common mistakes I've made (that I will probably continue to make):
1) Playing with more money than I should. Be prepared to lose everything.
2) Being greedy, wanting a bigger profit.
3) Not selling when in the negative, and more willing to lose 100% than $100.
4) Building a narrative. These are not investments. If you're building an investment case that's 2-3 years out you're doing it wrong. Then you end up justifying to yourself all the (bad) reasons you should stick in it.

Biggest Lessons:
1) Buy the rumour, sell the news. If you're waiting for a specific event, if it goes UP? SELL. If it goes DOWN? SELL.
2) SELL. SELL. SELL.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
5102 posts
487 upvotes
Winnipeg
I'm buying into Xspa again at 2.80 sell at 3.15 :s
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
7129 posts
658 upvotes
Richmond Hill
$XSPA Boom.

https://investors.xpresspa.com/news-rel ... 19-testing

XpresSpa Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: XSPA), a health and wellness company, has made a major stride in advancing airport COVID-19 testing by slashing the waiting time for results from 48 hours or more to under 15 minutes. The Company has signed a contract with Abbott Laboratories securing 100 ID NOW testing instruments. This rapid molecular testing technology has emerged as a critical part of the diagnostic landscape to help fight the pandemic by allowing fast, accurate diagnosis.

Doug Satzman, XpresSpa Group CEO, said, “These point-of-care tests are critical to enhancing early detection because of their portability, speed, and reliability which can accelerate care, reduce viral spread, and help people get on the road to recovery sooner. We’ve already identified 60 Large Hub and Medium Hub airports and are in advanced discussions to open additional locations. Our expansion plan includes offering a range of appropriate services and treatments too. We are proud to be playing our part in supporting the return of air travel to pre-pandemic levels by making sure both airport employees and travelers feel safe and confident when they come to the airport.”
Oct 12, 2009
419 posts
128 upvotes
What's everyone holding? Any good gains?
2010 Contest Wins: 0
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1107 posts
789 upvotes
Markham
CupOfCats wrote: What's everyone holding? Any good gains?
For Penny Stocks? No. LOL. I should stop playing around with those, might end up getting my TFSA flagged.
Some good gains with my RKT and TSLA though. Too bad I sold RKT last Thursday for 20% gain because I didn't want to be too greedy... if I sold it Friday, 30%; today, 50% Astonished Face I'll buy back in to those if they go back down.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!