Investing

Official Penny Stock Day Trade / Short Term

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2020 8:29 am
Aug 29, 2018
127 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto
vivibaby wrote: Don’t know why mvis is still going up. It’s pretty much confirmed there is no acquisition.
Lol really? I’ve been following MVIS for 5+ years and I’d say an acquisition at this point is near 100%. When and to whom and for how much remains to be seen, but it will surely be more than $500m in which case that’s $3.5/share. Of course don’t take that as advice to buy, but just my opinion.

MVIS and EMAN are the only 2 micro/small caps I’m bullish on (and invest in).
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
5103 posts
487 upvotes
Winnipeg
I bought another 300 shares of MVIS at 1.58. My average is now 1.63. I'm going to keep buying now until the Oct vote tally.
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
5103 posts
487 upvotes
Winnipeg
I just checked MARK and GNUS today... I think it's worse to hold these than xpsa at this point..
Nov 6, 2011
201 posts
45 upvotes
Surrey
faken wrote: I just checked MARK and GNUS today... I think it's worse to hold these than xpsa at this point..
LOL i still got 100 shares of gnus....and 100 of xpsa.... But TSLA and AAPL keeping my alive lol
May 15, 2015
127 posts
63 upvotes
Deathstar
This thread has been pretty interesting so far, but I really hope we can avoid becoming another MVIS circle-jerk arena. There is more than enough of that on /r/MVIS.

If anyone needs to get their fix, how about head on over there for a prayer session?
Oct 29, 2015
235 posts
54 upvotes
Are you guys trading on QT? Have you found any success trading on canadian exchanges?
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1107 posts
789 upvotes
Markham
DecayHeat wrote: Are you guys trading on QT? Have you found any success trading on canadian exchanges?
If you're going to be doing a lot of trades, you may want to look in to WealthSimple, they're commission free. Like RobinHood, but for Canada. I have never used it though. I am on Questrade still, they charge $5-10 per trade of stocks. I like to keep my money in one place, and have been fine with QT for the past decade+, but may look to switch if I do trade more often, though WS only started in 2014 so I'm a bit more wary.

Edit:
Yikes. Looking in to WealthSimple, it's not for me. I trade almost exclusively US stocks, because I prefer their volume and visibility, but WS doesn't seem to allow you to hold any USD. So every time you buy or sell, they're charging an extra 1.5% foreign exchange fee on top. Any USD trade amount above $333.33 Canadian you'll be paying more than $5 to trade. AND you're forced to do the foreign exchange at the current rate, which may or may not be good.

It's fine if you deal exclusively in Canadian dollars though.
Last edited by bk on Sep 1st, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
5103 posts
487 upvotes
Winnipeg
Anyone looking at taking a position in uavs or Eman?
Aug 29, 2018
127 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto
faken wrote: Anyone looking at taking a position in uavs or Eman?
Already in EMAN. Double digit share price expected long term - ie next few years. Tons of potential. Just need some PR on Tier 1 contracts to get the wheels the motion.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
14188 posts
3402 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
faken wrote: Anyone looking at taking a position in uavs or Eman?
What's so special about UAVS? It was getting pumped and dumped by some traders on Twitter and Reddit last month. Feels like a dud to me.
Jan 5, 2015
53 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Any other degenerate gamblers looking into Gamestop? https://seekingalpha.com/article/437086 ... rt-squeeze

Definitely a coinflip into either ruin or a moonshot, but at least this is not the side of the gamble with unlimited downside (that would be the short sellers). Whatever your assumptions are of Gamestop, I think the fact that its short percent of float is around 100% should warrant a look. I jumped in once I looked into the financials and positive catalysts this year to conclude that Gamestop wasn't at real risk of bankruptcy this year at least. It seems like a good enough gamble that even though my cost basis was under $6 before, I've averaged up massively to ~$7.50 by Wednesday. No options though since it's a TFSA.

I tried making a separate thread for it, but RFD seems to hate this kinda gambling. Gamestop is practically a penny stock now.
Nov 22, 2015
24 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Looking into Jounce next week. More PR about to be dropped. Watch for that.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
5103 posts
487 upvotes
Winnipeg
geokilla wrote: What's so special about UAVS? It was getting pumped and dumped by some traders on Twitter and Reddit last month. Feels like a dud to me.
I was in that stock when it got pumped to $4+ then tanked at around 9:45 that morning to below $2. Everyone thinks that Amazon is going to buy them out lol..

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

CupOfCats