• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2022 10:23 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
10673 posts
8688 upvotes
Winnipeg
Ecsta wrote: @faken et all, what's the groups thinking for CHR earnings?

I have some cash sitting in my account that I was going to throw into CHR can't decide between doing it before/after earnings... Probably not much air travel in Q1, but vaccine is going well so should be a good summer for the stock UGH can't make up my mind.
There is a consensus between a few of us saying that it will start to pop up in Q1 next year. Honestly, this is a safe place to put your money imo. If you are undecided, I would buy 1/2 position now then fill the other half after earnings.
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2276 posts
1051 upvotes
Janus2faced wrote: anyone holding or going back into MVIS?
still holding 70 at $23...fml...30% of my portfolio. Not a big investor but stillll.....30%!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
10673 posts
8688 upvotes
Winnipeg
all things considered.. GME isn't looking that bad today lol
Dec 16, 2006
379 posts
322 upvotes
Toronto
Sunway wrote: You are right. The UGEIF was down 47% ($0.85) yesterday closing and I was like what the F**k. Then today it's up almost 90% ($1.61). I am wondering how much down we are going to see when UGE re-open in the Canadian market.
The overall market on whichever day it re-opens may factor in heavy. It had support a couple weeks ago in the $1.50's on an overall red day, but with their earnings, and if the halt is lifted on a day like today, wouldn't surprise me to see low $1's for a short time. Those "computational errors" aren't sitting too well with me.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2002 posts
816 upvotes
Ontario
faken wrote: There is a consensus between a few of us saying that it will start to pop up in Q1 next year. Honestly, this is a safe place to put your money imo. If you are undecided, I would buy 1/2 position now then fill the other half after earnings.
Is that next year Q1?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
10673 posts
8688 upvotes
Winnipeg
shoppingkart wrote: Is that next year Q1?
yeah i'd say a year. MB right now is vaccinated all adults now.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
10673 posts
8688 upvotes
Winnipeg
lol wow vix is 27% wild..
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7643 posts
5631 upvotes
Alright, another one behind us.

Let's not do four in a row please.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2002 posts
816 upvotes
Ontario
Thanks for the heavens today is over. What a struggle....Smiling Face With Horns
Dec 16, 2006
379 posts
322 upvotes
Toronto
faken wrote: lol wow vix is 27% wild..
Against my better judgment, I bought some HGEN and GLXY. Hoping for a bit of a relief rally tomorrow and for the VIX to chill out.
oh_so_fly wrote: Let's see how well these margin levels hold up. Bearish MACD suggests they may capitulate and allow a revisit back to 47k... but so far we're getting a quick bounce off that 53.7k range

https://i.ibb.co/GHkZ5wq/image-2.png
I'm pretty disappointed in the bears. They had all the momentum to drive bitcoin down further, and we only spent a few minutes under $53.7k.
Last edited by oh_so_fly on May 12th, 2021 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 27, 2017
230 posts
538 upvotes
[CHR] suspect earnings to be lacklustre - with not many changes to their bottom line. This is expected and I view it as a positive given the environment we’re in, whether the market will take this as net positive/negative is to be seen. I’ll be listening in to see where RAL collection rates are at, updates on the 19 dash 8s grounded (think we’ve re-leased 3 of them… hopefully more on this front) and details surrounding that Purolator contract.

All depends on your plan with holding CHR. I can see us hitting 5.50-6s into summer/fall but the real growth occurring in 2022. EPS forecasted to nearly triple that of 2021).

Don’t know that you’ll be able to swing earnings on CHR in the same manner as some of these other tickers on this thread - but a great long term value play. I’ve said this last year, and given the current market choppiness (high spec/growth being murdered) it holds even truer now…fundamentals are beginning to actually matter, and CHR making actual profits/ cash flow will be desirable, add a possible partial div reinstatement next year and interest will start to trickle back in.

Still holding my 30k shares, and sticking around for atleast another year.

My 2c.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2017
1402 posts
3040 upvotes
Toronto
I bought GLXY on the dip thinking I was safe....but it just kept dipping.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)