• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2020 12:06 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
5083 posts
473 upvotes
Winnipeg
I haven't really bought much of anything.. Stuff seems to be going down, what about you guys?
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1101 posts
780 upvotes
Markham
faken wrote: I haven't really bought much of anything.. Stuff seems to be going down, what about you guys?
Playing around with SPACs now. Bought some Pershing Square Tontine Holdings yesterday, just before the unit splitting today. No idea what Ackman's planning with it though. But SPACs *sound* like you can at least get your principle back, albeit you may have to wait years if you don't want to take a loss/gain.

The general market will probably still see a lot of volatility the next two months. It's typical, to have a fall selloff (just more pronounced this year, probably because the run-up has been much larger as well). Now's a good time to find some good bargains from beaten down stocks, but that's for long-term. I'm not sure I'll do much short-term trading; it's much easier to make money on those when the momentum is going up, not when it's going down, if you're not doing any options.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
Apr 18, 2017
560 posts
419 upvotes
Not a penny stock but NNOX has been flying. Bought 40 shares @$33 on Sept 3rd. Saw a post about it on reddit
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
5083 posts
473 upvotes
Winnipeg
bk wrote: Playing around with SPACs now. Bought some Pershing Square Tontine Holdings yesterday, just before the unit splitting today. No idea what Ackman's planning with it though. But SPACs *sound* like you can at least get your principle back, albeit you may have to wait years if you don't want to take a loss/gain.

The general market will probably still see a lot of volatility the next two months. It's typical, to have a fall selloff (just more pronounced this year, probably because the run-up has been much larger as well). Now's a good time to find some good bargains from beaten down stocks, but that's for long-term. I'm not sure I'll do much short-term trading; it's much easier to make money on those when the momentum is going up, not when it's going down, if you're not doing any options.
Yeah i'm still sitting on 80% cash. I sold off most beginning of August.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
5083 posts
473 upvotes
Winnipeg
hockeyfan1990 wrote: Not a penny stock but NNOX has been flying. Bought 40 shares @$33 on Sept 3rd. Saw a post about it on reddit
that's sick. Yeah i saw your post in the what did you buy thread. that's wild haha.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
5083 posts
473 upvotes
Winnipeg
i'm so tempted to go back into xspa.. it's literally a roller coaster. almost every 3-4 days 10% dips and increases...
May 15, 2015
127 posts
63 upvotes
Deathstar
faken wrote: i'm so tempted to go back into xspa.. it's literally a roller coaster. almost every 3-4 days 10% dips and increases...
I was thinking the same thing. Look for 10% here and there on a few thousand shares. Set limits and let it happen?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
5083 posts
473 upvotes
Winnipeg
Love that 75% volume increase 10 mins before close for MVIS lol.
Aug 29, 2018
124 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
faken wrote: Love that 75% volume increase 10 mins before close for MVIS lol.
Likewise! A sign of things to come? Perhaps? Maybe? Maybe not?

Either way, I’d keep on holding - for now.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
5083 posts
473 upvotes
Winnipeg
Mvis.. easy hold.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
4461 posts
3045 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Debating if I should sell MVIS now and take profits or hold.
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
5083 posts
473 upvotes
Winnipeg
bomber17 wrote: Debating if I should sell MVIS now and take profits or hold.
Take half now and ride up the rest. Wait for that $7 then $20.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
4461 posts
3045 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
faken wrote: Take half now and ride up the rest. Wait for that $7 then $20.
Yah just sold half. I waited till the end and got it near the peak lol.
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.