Official Penny Stock Day Trade / Short Term

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2022 11:51 am
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2020
1090 posts
3154 upvotes
Unusual VIX call spreads printing today. This one in particular caught my eye:

The kind of print you only see when someone knows something the rest of us don't.

FYI, VIX hasn't hit $60 since March 2020.
Apr 23, 2017
826 posts
453 upvotes
CDNGreenTrader wrote: Unusual VIX call spreads printing today. This one in particular caught my eye:

The kind of print you only see when someone knows something the rest of us don't.

FYI, VIX hasn't hit $60 since March 2020.
OMG - sometimes we all forget that cash IS a position as well. CASH IS KING for a reason!

What's the plan of action here guys? Good to cut losses? I guess it's too late for couple of my bags since they're 50--60% down..arghhh
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1500 posts
320 upvotes
Toronto
faken wrote: It's free for 3 months lol.

I get random promotion to have 3 more free months sometimes too lol.
Well since you got that offer, would you be able to check what the buy orders are for the 40 lots? lol
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2020
1090 posts
3154 upvotes
yugsekwaf wrote: OMG - sometimes we all forget that cash IS a position as well. CASH IS KING for a reason!

What's the plan of action here guys? Good to cut losses? I guess it's too late for couple of my bags since they're 50--60% down..arghhh
Well I wouldn't panic quite just yet but it's pretty clear the Dow and S&P500 have masked the damage done to small and mid cap stocks (+ tech stocks) these last few months.

At some point the rotation of indiscriminate selling will hit the large caps (non-tech stocks).
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
8195 posts
5063 upvotes
Vancouver
FML Sheldon Iwentash sold his IP and WIN shares, SP is tanking
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
3021 posts
1814 upvotes
GTA
notenoughsleep wrote: FML Sheldon Iwentash sold his IP and WIN shares, SP is tanking
Where you read this and whats his reason?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
6035 posts
3943 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Really surprised VMC isn't running into earnings.

Considering we know they are good.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
10651 posts
8649 upvotes
Winnipeg
GME RocketRocket
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
8195 posts
5063 upvotes
Vancouver
lilmikey wrote: Where you read this and whats his reason?
Sedar reports - he's liquidated his entire position in IP. WIN he's sold about 7% of his holdings I think. No known reason.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7622 posts
5596 upvotes
Sunway wrote: Fort finally give up the $0.40 cents wall
Got confident with the -1% all day, should have sold.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
20845 posts
31288 upvotes
ONTARIO
tietherope wrote: FORT held it together all day, but there it goes now.
Time to average down some more! lol. . . Disappointed But Relieved Face

I put in an order for 0.38. The ask hasn't hit that yet. Wonder if it will within the next 50 minutes.
Aug 13, 2019
543 posts
347 upvotes
Bitcoin "seems" to have bottomed and is rebounding. But it might consolidate for a while. Really should have tried to say trade ETHX, could have reduced the pain.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7622 posts
5596 upvotes
Wpgguy86 wrote: Bitcoin "seems" to have bottomed and is rebounding. But it might consolidate for a while. Really should have tried to say trade ETHX, could have reduced the pain.
Bounced off 42k a few times, stopped me from bag selling. But also could be faking me out and I take another 10% hit tomorrow.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
10651 posts
8649 upvotes
Winnipeg
Sometimes it's not fundamentals that move the stock price, it's the mentality of who is investing. I've dumped so much into GME and SNDL over the last month and haven't really looked at anything else.

Fort is in bad shape. If you made a killing this year and it's in your cash account, consideration of getting a tax loss to help with taxes. I'm really thinking about throwing it all into CHR now.

I'm gonna cut KODK right before close.

Holding CIDM, CHR, PSFE, LAC, MVIS, SNDL, FORT, NIO
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
2619 posts
1594 upvotes
Alliston, ON
MVIS closed above $15. Has made some decent 6-8% gains the last couple days. If it continues the run up ahead of the shareholders meeting next week
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
20845 posts
31288 upvotes
ONTARIO
So strange how WS works.
When your order is partially filled, you don't get an email right away? This is I think the second time this has happened to me.

Thought my FORT order for 0.38 didn't get filled, but just received an email from WS at 4:11 PM that it was partially filled for 1000 shares at 3:01 PM.
Would have been nice to have known that at the time.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2017
1047 posts
914 upvotes
Toronto
faken wrote: Sometimes it's not fundamentals that move the stock price, it's the mentality of who is investing. I've dumped so much into GME and SNDL over the last month and haven't really looked at anything else.

Fort is in bad shape. If you made a killing this year and it's in your cash account, consideration of getting a tax loss to help with taxes. I'm really thinking about throwing it all into CHR now.

I'm gonna cut KODK right before close.

Holding CIDM, CHR, PSFE, LAC, MVIS, SNDL, FORT, NIO
Yea I cut Kodak 2 weeks ago. Just wasn’t going to go anywhere and rather not bag hold that if the market falls further lol
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
10651 posts
8649 upvotes
Winnipeg
hockeyfan1990 wrote: Yea I cut Kodak 2 weeks ago. Just wasn’t going to go anywhere and rather not bag hold that if the market falls further lol
I'm gonna use this as dip money for SNDL 🤣

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (6 members and 2 guests)

crazycoward, seasky, Sirioss, IntelQC, XXXmonet, TWells