Investing

Official Penny Stock Day Trade / Swing Trade / Short Term

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 5:34 pm
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13044 posts
11386 upvotes
tietherope wrote: Sorry for all the posts.

Found the reason for the spike. I guess he bought enough near $30k.

sounds like some marvel/ DC comic Justice league stuff Face With Tears Of Joy. I hope it keeps going up.. tomorrow will be profitable.
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
6972 posts
4953 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Do people really care about where the energy comes from to mine cryptos?

Sure, it would be great if everything on the world was renewable energy, but that's not realistic. But I guess when you can dilute public listed stock, and say you need millions are solar panels, it's possible.

Isn't most of the greenhouse gas emissions from farming?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
2573 posts
1947 upvotes
Nova Scotia
tietherope wrote: I could be completely wrong, and I usually am, but if today wasn't a holiday I would be closing my Canadian crypto positions on this bounce. Hopefully this price holds until tomorrow, but hard to see it break past 40/42k this time.
Are you getting out regardless? Too volatile?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
cliffclaven wrote: Are you getting out regardless? Too volatile?
That's a very good question that I've been thinking about the last hour.

First off, it definitely needs to be less of my portfolio than it has been and with the intention of holding longer. Would have been great in an upswing obviously, but it sure hasn't been one.

And then not sure what overnight and tomorrow brings, but my statement was that around $37/38k I'd be getting out. So I think I start trimming every few k while we're above that. And then if we start heading down, same thing, trim on the way and fully exit by $37/38k.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13044 posts
11386 upvotes
tietherope wrote: That's a very good question that I've been thinking about the last hour.

First off, it definitely needs to be less of my portfolio than it has been and with the intention of holding longer. Would have been great in an upswing obviously, but it sure hasn't been one.

And then not sure what overnight and tomorrow brings, but my statement was that around $37/38k I'd be getting out. So I think I start trimming every few k while we're above that. And then if we start heading down, same thing, trim on the way and fully exit by $37/38k.
I have been talking with a friend of mine who is holding 600 TSLA at $160.. He swing trades in another account and has this TSLA position all in TFSA. He actually made a good point on swing trading where the price does not matter as much as the direction. I've mainly been trading small stocks that are going up as it is way easier to hopefully catch the run up.. but if you're trading and it's going down, just dump it. I think if I'm ever doing quick trades now, I'm going to 100% exit my position either win or lose that day. There will always be another day.

I'm liking what I'm seeing with ETH. ETHX should pump up tomorrow if it keeps at this level.
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
faken wrote: I have been talking with a friend of mine who is holding 600 TSLA at $160.. He swing trades in another account and has this TSLA position all in TFSA. He actually made a good point on swing trading where the price does not matter as much as the direction. I've mainly been trading small stocks that are going up as it is way easier to hopefully catch the run up.. but if you're trading and it's going down, just dump it. I think if I'm ever doing quick trades now, I'm going to 100% exit my position either win or lose that day. There will always be another day.

I'm liking what I'm seeing with ETH. ETHX should pump up tomorrow if it keeps at this level.
Wow unreal ETH up around 50% from bottom yesterday...where's that rocket emoji!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
6972 posts
4953 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is Elon agreeing that the run is over?

I don't get his tweets anymore.

Oct 20, 2014
325 posts
320 upvotes
Toronto, ON
JRGUINNESS wrote: Is Elon agreeing that the run is over?

I don't get his tweets anymore.

As much as I love Musk, honestly what in the F is he talking about? First he's pumping BTC, than he purposefully tanks it in order to pump Doge, followed by talking that down with some pessimism. Now he's trying to tank the entire crypto marketFace With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
6972 posts
4953 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Genuwine wrote: ... what in the F is he talking about?
At this point, who the F know. This guys an ass hat now.

If I owned TSLA, I'd be pissed he spends so much time with this garbage.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
I hadn't checked his Twitter, but that could explain the price action the last few hours. He couldn't just let the pump last until the morning? Come on man.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13044 posts
11386 upvotes
I just need ETH to stay above 2500 over night.. i should be in the green for ETHX.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
I had hopes that Bitcoin would wait for our market to open. May be down more than Friday at close on positions now. That's too bad.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
Wonder what all those who had the meeting with Elon are thinking now. He tanks them, holds a meeting and has them agree to what he wants, he tweets about it being a good thing, then a couple hours later declares the bull run dead anyway.

Edit: He deleted the tweet.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13044 posts
11386 upvotes
Gonna dump my ethx right at open I hope it fills 🤣
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
faken wrote: Gonna dump my ethx right at open I hope it fills 🤣
ETH is spiking up at the moment, should be ok. Depending on what you're asking for lol.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13044 posts
11386 upvotes
tietherope wrote: ETH is spiking up at the moment, should be ok. Depending on what you're asking for lol.
8%.. I'll take it 🤣. Now just see what fort does lol. No more crypto

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)