Official Penny Stock Day Trade / Short Term

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2022 10:13 pm
Mar 10, 2021
138 posts
150 upvotes
Winnipeg
devmaster8 wrote: What about TECK?
Teck is a neat one cause it has so many resources in play, copper, zinc, coal, bitumen... maybe iron?

The ones i listed are almost exclusively copper. I have faith in copper cause there are so little mines coming online and demand will only go higher with environmental changes. Electric vehicles and stations require alot of copper.
It spent decades being beat up with poor prices that there was no exploration or mines being built, now its in huge demand and there simply isnt enough of it.

As they say its the new oil. I hope :P
It ain't what you don't know what gets you into trouble.
Its what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Mark Twain.
Mar 10, 2021
138 posts
150 upvotes
Winnipeg
devmaster8 wrote: They pump WEST in that article. WEST has dropped to 0.25 lately from a high of $1.22. Need to look into it further.
Exploration company atm, they can take a lot of time to come to fruition, while the miners actually pulling out copper all day are positive.
Just because West is sitting on a huge deposit, doesn't mean a mine is being built...its a gamble.

My experience is buy the miners... not exploration. Or companies who are in the process of building a mine and are close to complete.
It ain't what you don't know what gets you into trouble.
Its what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Mark Twain.
Apr 23, 2017
826 posts
453 upvotes
Slowly unloading my bags one-by-one with minimal losses or profit (sitting on a bunch still). Need to revamp the portfolio badly - I forget that cash is a position as well and no need to say how important it is to have some dry powder handy. Market is bonkers and reminds me of late Feb with such choppy action & straight green days! Any interesting strategies you're implementing for short term or long term?
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
Jul 7, 2017
165 posts
107 upvotes
yugsekwaf wrote: Slowly unloading my bags one-by-one with minimal losses or profit (sitting on a bunch still). Need to revamp the portfolio badly - I forget that cash is a position as well and no need to say how important it is to have some dry powder handy. Market is bonkers and reminds me of late Feb with such choppy action & straight green days! Any interesting strategies you're implementing for short term or long term?
In terms of swing or day trading, I am trying to wait and not jump into something, on a day like today, one there is no clear direction and just sideways everything.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7619 posts
5596 upvotes
berrylicious wrote:
Aren't you still holding some of it?
Only 2,115 shares left from around 15,000 since the high 60s unfortunately.
Wrestlemania wrote:
Don't look at it. You'll just beat yourself more. Delete the stock from your watchlist and block everyone who mentions FORT.
JRGUINNESS wrote: Could have gone either way bud, no need to beat yourself up.

Sometimes cutting loses hurt, but other times you say thanks God.
Thanks guys/gals, appreciate it, I'm trying.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
10641 posts
8645 upvotes
Winnipeg
Yeah can't think like that.. I sold SNDL last week at $.78 from.$.72.. it hit .93.. I sold tsla at $603 from. $555.. it's $622.. I sold GME at $189 from $151.. lol. This was all profit I COULD have gotten but it COULD be down more. Never regret.

As for day trading I'm not doing any today. Not direction. Easiest to trade when upward trend.
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7619 posts
5596 upvotes
That's the difference, I'm not talking missed profit, I wish. I'm talking cut lots of bags Tuesday morning and they would now be much smaller bags or not bags at all lol.

But time to make it back now!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
6034 posts
3942 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Gonna start looking into metal Miners.

Thanks for the heads up. Tho, it looks like I missed the boat, as they have all climbed
Apr 23, 2017
826 posts
453 upvotes
tietherope wrote: That's the difference, I'm not talking missed profit, I wish. I'm talking cut lots of bags Tuesday morning and they would now be much smaller bags or not bags at all lol.

But time to make it back now!
PAYtience my friend - works both short & long term - there's a reason why you took positions in the first place, so when you want to sell them for a profit or loss, think twice and revisit your strategy about keeping them or cutting those bags loose.

I'm a no-one! There are too many unknowns at hand when it comes to the market - what we all are doing here is working best with the limited info/resources we have i.e. technicals, charts, stranger-on-the-internet recosFace With Tears Of Joy etc. & trying to turn a profit. What I learnt is to tread carefully & not let emotions get the best of me. Believe in your positions, take profits (when comfortable), invest in good/strong/growth companies, DCA (as you see fit) & stick to the f'in plan! It's very easy to get FOMO'd - think of it as a lesson learnt and move onto the next opportunity - there are tons of them to milk everyday!!
Last edited by yugsekwaf on May 27th, 2021 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
10641 posts
8645 upvotes
Winnipeg
Sold mvis cash account Face With Tears Of Joy

Lac making a move
Nov 30, 2006
296 posts
141 upvotes
JRGUINNESS wrote: Holding costs on VMC are terrible.

Anyone hopeful NASDAQ will do anything?

Looking at GreenPower Motor Company Inc (GPV: TSX) & GP: NASDAQ) they uplisted on Aug 28, 2020

a week before on Aug 19, 2020 it was trading for around $9, then $29 Aug 28, 2020 on the up list.

It can happen to VMC right? haha
NASDAQ up list should be done in 2-4 weeks.

I do expect to see an uptick in volume and SP. Will be a sell the news type event possibly so play it as such. Regardless, not selling till $20. I have time. VMC/VEV will do great things.
Apr 8, 2001
998 posts
854 upvotes
Sold CHR in RRSP account and kept holdings in cash account. I was up $1....need to keep letting go of some bags.
[QUOTE]Most of the things worth doing in this world, have been declared impossible before they were done.[/QUOTE]

Heatware: JetLi
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
10641 posts
8645 upvotes
Winnipeg
Amc lol. Boomers must be livid seeing it go up
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7619 posts
5596 upvotes
faken wrote: Amc lol. Boomers must be livid seeing it go up
I hadn't looked at it yet today. I have no words. lol
Jul 7, 2017
165 posts
107 upvotes
faken wrote: Amc lol. Boomers must be livid seeing it go up
I never really short, but just for fun, I just shorted few shares of mvis at 15.35 and will get out of it before the end of the day lol
Last edited by littlegiant35 on May 27th, 2021 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2017
1047 posts
914 upvotes
Toronto
Be confident with the bags you hold! Just cut the trashy bags you hold like KoDK Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 6 guests)

Melafefon