Investing

Official Penny Stock Day Trade / Short Term

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2022 10:13 pm
Mar 12, 2006
854 posts
200 upvotes
Ditto..I considered PKK at 3, but as others mentioned, the China stuff has got me reluctant.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
10644 posts
8648 upvotes
Winnipeg
CHR just turned green

Sorry I've been in meetings all day.

Watching PSFE bleed lol. I have a 2000 buy order set for $8... I wonder If it will hit. Getting low on cash now Sleepy Face
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Apr 26, 2010
356 posts
222 upvotes
Vancouver
kr0zet wrote: Strictly Dividend play? I've held this for years just for the dividend.
yup RSI.TO is just holding for years now.
Dec 7, 2015
12 posts
Hamilton
Anyone holding THMO (Thermogenisis)? Getting hit hard of this one. Uncertain of why the steady decline the last month.

Thoughts?
Apr 8, 2001
998 posts
854 upvotes
I may jump in. I already have a full position, but I took some profits a few weeks back. I'm targeting $5.62 though....so another $1 more to drop.
geokilla wrote: IPA is under $7. Red market.
[QUOTE]Most of the things worth doing in this world, have been declared impossible before they were done.[/QUOTE]

Heatware: JetLi
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
6061 posts
7259 upvotes
The NORTH
After @CDNGreenTrader mentioned DFN I decided to take a look. I have owned FTN in the past but not recently. Something I have seen on DFN is the recent news that DFN has renewed its at-the-market equity program. I wasn't aware what this was so I did some digging...
that allows the Company to issue shares of the Company to the public from time to time at the Company's discretion, effective until August 6, 2022 unless terminated prior to such date by the Company. This ATM Program replaces the prior program renewed in April 2021 that has terminated. Any Class A Shares or Preferred Shares sold in the ATM Program will be sold through the Toronto Stock Exchange (the "TSX") or any other marketplace in Canada on which the Class A Shares and Preferred Shares are listed, quoted or otherwise traded at the prevailing market price at the time of sale.
Sales of Class A Shares and Preferred Shares will be made by way of "at-the-market distributions" as defined in National Instrument 44-102 Shelf Distributions on the TSX or on any marketplace for the Class A Shares and Preferred Shares in Canada. Since the Class A Shares and Preferred Shares will be distributed at the prevailing market prices at the time of the sale, prices may vary among purchasers during the period of distribution. The ATM Program is being offered pursuant to a prospectus supplement dated July 29, 2021 to the Company's short form base shelf prospectus dated July 3, 2020, as amended on April 14, 2021. The maximum gross proceeds from the issuance of the shares will be $140,000,000.
If I am understanding this the split corp can issue about 1.6 million new shares over the next year at their discretion? The current float isn't huge at 78.2 million shares outstanding but is substantially more than FTN (22.8 Million Shares) and FFN (29.6 Million Shares), all split corps run by Quadravest.

I also think I understand how these investments make income; dividends from the underlying equity that they own and selling covered calls for those equities. Researching all of them I see that they all have ATM programs as well and do issue additional stock from time to time (FNN issued $43 million on July 5th).

My question is, does the income from these ATM's go to help cover the dividend's that they are paying out? I cannot find anything on that but it seems that they must be generating funds from other sources than covered calls and equity dividends to cover off such high yield. If they are using ATM's to cover dividends how are these sustainable? How does one find the true value of a unit and what metric do you follow to see if they are healthy or not?

FNN didn't pay out a dividend for almost all of 2020 and missed 2 months over the 4 years before that. FTN has almost the same dividend track record as FNN. DFN has only missed 4 months since 2016.

Any info on how these Split Corps generate such returns or what the ATM's are going to fund would be apricated. Also would it be better to hold one of the smaller float Split Corps (FTN or FNN) over the larger float DFN? and any pointers on how to measure if these split corps are healthy and sustainable?

EDIT : I just read thru @MrMikeDD thread and think I have a better grasp of these products. Don't want to beat a dead horse so feel free to ignore this post. I was just interested in the ATM's being used to cover the high yield.
Last edited by kr0zet on Aug 16th, 2021 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
8195 posts
5063 upvotes
Vancouver
faken wrote: Lol PSFE. Amazing earnings yet it drops. Revenue up 41% since last year. Everything up 10%. I'm gonna buy more
I think you flipped the numbers. TPV up 41%, revenue up only 13% YoY. Revenue growth of 13% is pretty low for a fintech (e.g. PAYO had 41.5% revenue growth YoY). I'm currently holding some at a 20% loss, not selling but not adding either.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
10644 posts
8648 upvotes
Winnipeg
notenoughsleep wrote: I think you flipped the numbers. TPV up 41%, revenue up only 13% YoY. Revenue growth of 13% is pretty low for a fintech (e.g. PAYO had 41.5% revenue growth YoY). I'm currently holding some at a 20% loss, not selling but not adding either.
Correct. Yeah it's pretty low. I'm hoping for a buy out maybe 🤣
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
10644 posts
8648 upvotes
Winnipeg
the delta is literally big some deals to the market right now. My big SU buy is still waiting for it to hit. It never came yet.. I might even set it to $20 now and praying it hits. I'm still holding onto my SNDL full position.. Ride or die with this one. If PSFE does hit $8 I'll buy 500 only now. I only have a handful of penny stocks now :s. CIDM might rocket if stuff starts to lockdown again.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7621 posts
5596 upvotes
Checking in still looking for that green Nasdaq. No luck again so looking away lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
3021 posts
1814 upvotes
GTA
choppy out there

LVL 2 for CHR

Code: Select all

Level II Quotes
Orders	Shares	Bid	Ask	Shares	Orders
1	100	3.94	3.95	5,800	6
5	2,700	3.93	3.96	700	3
2	400	3.92	3.97	400	2
9	2,800	3.91	3.98	200	1
13	16,800	3.90	3.99	2,700	2
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2020
1090 posts
3154 upvotes
srz5095 wrote: Are you still holding FORT?
Yep that's still in my WS trading account. More of a trade than an investment to ride the wave during this BTC bull cycle.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2020
1090 posts
3154 upvotes
kr0zet wrote: After @CDNGreenTrader mentioned DFN I decided to take a look. I have owned FTN in the past but not recently. Something I have seen on DFN is the recent news that DFN has renewed its at-the-market equity program. I wasn't aware what this was so I did some digging...

If I am understanding this the split corp can issue about 1.6 million new shares over the next year at their discretion? The current float isn't huge at 78.2 million shares outstanding but is substantially more than FTN (22.8 Million Shares) and FFN (29.6 Million Shares), all split corps run by Quadravest.

I also think I understand how these investments make income; dividends from the underlying equity that they own and selling covered calls for those equities. Researching all of them I see that they all have ATM programs as well and do issue additional stock from time to time (FNN issued $43 million on July 5th).

My question is, does the income from these ATM's go to help cover the dividend's that they are paying out? I cannot find anything on that but it seems that they must be generating funds from other sources than covered calls and equity dividends to cover off such high yield. If they are using ATM's to cover dividends how are these sustainable? How does one find the true value of a unit and what metric do you follow to see if they are healthy or not?

FNN didn't pay out a dividend for almost all of 2020 and missed 2 months over the 4 years before that. FTN has almost the same dividend track record as FNN. DFN has only missed 4 months since 2016.

Any info on how these Split Corps generate such returns or what the ATM's are going to fund would be apricated. Also would it be better to hold one of the smaller float Split Corps (FTN or FNN) over the larger float DFN? and any pointers on how to measure if these split corps are healthy and sustainable?

EDIT : I just read thru @MrMikeDD thread and think I have a better grasp of these products. Don't want to beat a dead horse so feel free to ignore this post. I was just interested in the ATM's being used to cover the high yield.
I had not read the thread until now. Definitely good to hear different perspectives and it does emphasize that timing really matters. Consider the following two examples:

1) Buying 10,000 shares of DFN in January 2016
-Essentially you've broken even in share price over 68 months but 64 monthly dividend payments = $64,000
2) Buying 10,000 shares of DFN in August 2016
-Down $20k in your initial investment + 56 monthly dividend payments so you're up $36,000

Individual growth stocks have done much better but the point of a diversified retirement account is mitigating some risk of holding those high growth stocks with consistent dividend payments. I believe DFN does that well in a more aggressive high growth portfolio. Just my $0.02.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
3021 posts
1814 upvotes
GTA
finally PKK stopped running..........needs to consolidate after mooning.....
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
10644 posts
8648 upvotes
Winnipeg
Ok I'm gonna start swing trading SU.. for the last 3 weeks massive dip early morning then recovery 1 hr later. 13/15 trading days has been doing this. Will I bag hold one day . Probably. But it's so tempting.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)