Investing

Official Penny Stock Day Trade / Swing Trade / Short Term

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 5:50 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2001
1041 posts
900 upvotes
It could be just me, but many green stocks seem to be trending up fast this week....
trixR4kids wrote: [EFL.TO] up 30% on a day and I'm finally not deep in the red based on my initial 1.8 buy in. Face With Tears Of Joy
RockstarLeo wrote: OEG on fire on no news. Can't complain since I loaded up around $3.
Last edited by JetLi on Sep 23rd, 2021 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[QUOTE]Most of the things worth doing in this world, have been declared impossible before they were done.[/QUOTE]

Heatware: JetLi
Aug 13, 2019
547 posts
349 upvotes
Let's go dme! Btc looking good (hold above 44500 plz) , maybe bitf is finally gonna start catching hut?
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12392 posts
6573 upvotes
Vaughan
Anyone see the three similar triangles on MVIS from yesterday to today (slightly different timeframes, but pretty much the same shape)? Very peculiar. Must be some algorithm buying.
Nov 27, 2018
30 posts
19 upvotes
Wpgguy86 wrote: Let's go dme! Btc looking good (hold above 44500 plz) , maybe bitf is finally gonna start catching hut?
I jumped into DME in the $4s shortly before the massive drop, so yes please, go DME ;)
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12392 posts
6573 upvotes
Vaughan
Took 100 shares of MVIS just to see. I just feel like something peculiar is happening with the way that stock is trading right now.

We'll find out next week if I'm green or red.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43262 upvotes
ONTARIO
Has QT been sluggish for anyone else today? It's annoying af.
Aug 13, 2019
547 posts
349 upvotes
bcbarg wrote: I jumped into DME in the $4s shortly before the massive drop, so yes please, go DME ;)
Ouch, for what it's worth, my brother has friends who work for the company who borrowed tons to go all in. (around 50c though 🤷‍♂️) I think it'll go back up, volume is just crazy low and attention is zero. Easily manipulated
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12392 posts
6573 upvotes
Vaughan
tietherope wrote: MVIS strength end of day is very unusual. Almost always goes up and then bleeds our from mid day to go back level-ish.
That's why I said it seems a little peculiar going back to yesterday. Would like to see it close as close to $13 as possible or higher. Otherwise, we risk it getting rejected back down tomorrow.

Edit: damn, looks like it's rejecting from $12.80's. tomorrow could be a down day. Tired Face
Mar 12, 2017
832 posts
798 upvotes
Well LITE was a cheap lesson for me. Someone here talked a couple of times about it, I decided to throw 25$ at it for fun and just took out 10$ a couple of weeks later. :D

Losing still stings even if it's just a tiny amount.

You have to believe in the company. NVEI losing 250$ in my portfolio didn't bother me, but LITE losing 10-15$ was irritating me.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13046 posts
11387 upvotes
please CIDM just go up a bit more
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
I have a stock I'm in that for the last 5 days now has had anywhere from 7.5 to 25 million shares showing up as sold about 10 minutes after the market closes and it shows the average price they were traded at. Some days this is up to almost 50% of the daily volume.

Anyone know why this is done? Is there a name for it? Anything I can look up and read? Thanks for whatever info you can give.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
9325 posts
6386 upvotes
Vancouver
bcbarg wrote: I jumped into DME in the $4s shortly before the massive drop, so yes please, go DME ;)
I managed to jump in a couple days ago at $2.90 and $2.33, so now averaged at $2.62
Sep 28, 2011
818 posts
1481 upvotes
Winnipeg
tietherope wrote: I have a stock I'm in that for the last 5 days now has had anywhere from 7.5 to 25 million shares showing up as sold about 10 minutes after the market closes and it shows the average price they were traded at. Some days this is up to almost 50% of the daily volume.

Anyone know why this is done? Is there a name for it? Anything I can look up and read? Thanks for whatever info you can give.
I'm far far from an expert on trading. But, with that said, these are likely "block trades". Which are frequently done after-hours so they don't move the market as much (especially for smaller companies) and they're usually done between two parties at a pre-negotiated price. Google block trade and after hours and see if that fits what you are seeing.

Stock After Hours Trading Report

https://marketchameleon.com/Reports/Aft ... market_tab

Have a look at CEI below and look at their volume. 13M shares moved after hours yesterday. CEI's price is $1.83, so that's $24M on a stock with a market cap of $198M. Needless to say that's not retail! Winking Face
Images
  • After-Hours.jpg
  • CEI.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
bigblue1ca wrote: I'm far far from an expert on trading. But, with that said, these are likely "block trades". Which are frequently done after-hours so they don't move the market as much (especially for smaller companies) and they're usually done between two parties at a pre-negotiated price. Google block trade and after hours and see if that fits what you are seeing.

Stock After Hours Trading Report

https://marketchameleon.com/Reports/Aft ... market_tab

Have a look at CEI below and look at their volume. 13M shares moved after hours yesterday. CEI's price is $1.83, so that's $24M on a stock with a market cap of $198M. Needless to say that's not retail! Winking Face
Appreciate the response! I had seen block trades and will keep looking.

I should have mentioned it, but does it make a difference if the stock is on the OTC, so there is no after hours?

It is a penny stock VISM, hit .021 and then did a private placement of 150 million shares at .005 last week, so dropped of course. Then there was ~7.5 million shares traded at .0137, next day ~7.5 million at .0135, next day ~11 million at .0103, then ~16 million at .01, then exactly 25 million at .0099, and yesterday ~14 million at .00896.

They all showed up as one block about 10 mins after the close, but the 25 million trade showed up 3 minutes before the close. Example attached.

Basically I'm just trying to figure out if I need to bail or not. My guess is the institution that bought the offering is just unloading all day long and only reporting at the end? Is that possible?
Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 4.14.39 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 3.57.06 PM.jpg
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10990 posts
13540 upvotes
tietherope wrote: Basically I'm just trying to figure out if I need to bail or not. My guess is the institution that bought the offering is just unloading all day long and only reporting at the end? Is that possible?
No, there are regulated defined time reporting requirements, including for OTC traded instruments like bonds. Trades may be amended for errors or account splits as examples after the fact, but the initial bulk trade has to be reported.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him = Never argue with an idiot, they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with experience
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13046 posts
11387 upvotes
Last day in my old position. Love how my boss was "sick" for the last 3 days so I barely got to train the new person haha. Good luck.

Can't wait to actually concentrate on trading again though starting Monday.
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Nov 30, 2006
303 posts
143 upvotes
Was posting about $VPT.V back in the .30s. Sitting back up @ .57 after a long period of consolidation and loading the boat.

Looking to see a news release from GE Health Care soon as they move into launching the product and sales team.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
MrMom wrote: No, there are regulated defined time reporting requirements, including for OTC traded instruments like bonds. Trades may be amended for errors or account splits as examples after the fact, but the initial bulk trade has to be reported.
OK, thanks. I had seen Form T trades come through as well from time to time, so thought it may be like that.

So the likely scenario so far sounds like the massive trades after hours, although there is no after hours, at least for us retail in the OTC, is two institutions with an agreement?

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)