PC & Video Games

Official Sony Playstation 5 Thread - Nov. 12 Launch, $499/$629

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2020 3:40 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2008
1010 posts
284 upvotes
Maybe dumb question but is the confirmation and that I will get it ?

'' Thank you for shopping at BestBuy.ca! We have received your order and we will process it right away.

Your method of payment will not be charged until the item(s) are shipped.''
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2008
1010 posts
284 upvotes
The only reason i've gone with the Disc one is because I can borrow ps4 (and ps5 I guess) games and keep them 3 weeks at my library.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4417 posts
1380 upvotes
Toronto
zod wrote: I didn't realize until today that Godfall is being release for PC the same day as PS5. I wonder if that's going to become more common with PS exclusives. I know HZD came out this summer but that was a long while after release. A simultaneous release for sony seems like a big move.

I was going to hold off (well try) on buying s ps5 for a while until an all black version came out. If games are going to come out on PC that might help with that :)
Godfall is published by Gearbox, not Sony. While Sony has the console exclusivity, the same wasn't the case for PC.

Sony's plans for its PC releases have varied from title to title, but thus far they've been releasing them on PC a significant time after it's had some exclusivity on the PS4. I assume Horizon: Forbidden West will be the same, although there are rumours that Sony is also releasing it and Spiderman: Miles Morales on PS4.
https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-horizo ... orales-ps4
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
May 26, 2007
987 posts
480 upvotes
I'm not sure why I preordered a ps5. I have a backlog of ps4 games and I have the pro. I want demon souls but there is no way I'm spending 100 bucks on launch for it. By the time the price drops on launch games I think there will be plenty of ps5 stock. I just hope PS4 games get enhancements in the meantime .
Jan 10, 2007
41 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Showed up an hour early at my local eb games and was the last person to reserve one. They only had 8 disc versions available.
Jan 25, 2006
810 posts
196 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Congrats to those who got one. I almost got caught up in the hype but stepped away from F5 and went to bed. Happy to be a gamer now that these things are finally coming out. Cheers
Feb 8, 2011
345 posts
511 upvotes
Calgary
So for those who missed this initial stock wave, what's the best way to stay informed and quickly act when more stock becomes available? What are those fancy websites/bots that email you automatically when stock appears?

thanks
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2328 posts
357 upvotes
zod wrote: I didn't realize until today that Godfall is being release for PC the same day as PS5. I wonder if that's going to become more common with PS exclusives. I know HZD came out this summer but that was a long while after release. A simultaneous release for sony seems like a big move.
Godfall is neither developed or published by Sony. Also releasing on PC has been pretty normal for 3rd party exclusives for the better part of a decade.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9730 posts
1841 upvotes
Victoria
Ascott wrote: Godfall is neither developed or published by Sony. Also releasing on PC has been pretty normal for 3rd party exclusives for the better part of a decade.
Noted. I guess I got mixed up on that somewhere. Happy to see it's coming out on the PC.
Oct 12, 2009
556 posts
52 upvotes
Got to eb at 10:30 am and was able to pre order the disc drive version of the console
May 29, 2007
260 posts
8 upvotes
wow when did amazon.ca open pre-orders I was constantly searching for it and poof it shows up but sold out.....
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4613 posts
1704 upvotes
Ajax
quicksilver7 wrote: Congrats to those who got one. I almost got caught up in the hype but stepped away from F5 and went to bed. Happy to be a gamer now that these things are finally coming out. Cheers
That't the beauty of the pre-order, you have a few weeks to make a final decision. But you are probably right, next summer when more titles are released along with stock there will be nice trade in offers to go along with them.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4613 posts
1704 upvotes
Ajax
bromance wrote: wow when did amazon.ca open pre-orders I was constantly searching for it and poof it shows up but sold out.....
Same here. I was up until 12:55 am EST and apparently they went live at 1:00 am and was all sold out by 1:13 am. No emails or anything even though I was signed up for notification. Absolute garbage. I remember the day they would hold some units for Prime members. Now they couldn't give a rats' ass.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4613 posts
1704 upvotes
Ajax
amuseddaysleeper wrote: Got to eb at 10:30 am and was able to pre order the disc drive version of the console
Location? How many did they have of each sku?
Oct 12, 2009
556 posts
52 upvotes
mrtvgame wrote: Location? How many did they have of each sku?
This is at Vaughan Mills. Decent lineup but they wouldn’t tell anyone how much they had of what. I do Know that when I got into line they said they only had disc versions left and when I made my deposit 10 min later on my way out they told people everything was sold out.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

Chai