Official Sony Playstation 5 Thread - Nov. 12 Launch, $499/$629

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2020 11:56 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4597 posts
1696 upvotes
Ajax
amuseddaysleeper wrote: This is at Vaughan Mills. Decent lineup but they wouldn’t tell anyone how much they had of what. I do Know that when I got into line they said they only had disc versions left and when I made my deposit 10 min later on my way out they told people everything was sold out.
And you went 30 mins prior to opening? Just wanting to share for other people so they know what is going on. Wonder if in store pre-orders are any better at The Source locations.
Oct 12, 2009
551 posts
48 upvotes
mrtvgame wrote: And you went 30 mins prior to opening? Just wanting to share for other people so they know what is going on. Wonder if in store pre-orders are any better at The Source locations.
That’s right. I was there at 10:25 am. I’m hoping for other people online places will open up Pre orders again in waves
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4597 posts
1696 upvotes
Ajax
amuseddaysleeper wrote: That’s right. I was there at 10:25 am. I’m hoping for other people online places will open up Pre orders again in waves
They will if/when stock is released to them. And as history has demonstrated this can take a variety of forms. Random availability to social media posts giving you the heads up.

Costco is a funny place too. I recall on PS4 launch window, they would randomly get a skid. Once word was out, they flew but with Costco they let people walk out with multiple units. :rolleyes:
Oct 19, 2009
890 posts
39 upvotes
Markham
Was just at the EBGames in Woodbridge (Weston/Hwy7) - they only had 15 copies and luckily I was 15/15.
Only had disc versions as well, no digital.
Nov 19, 2017
871 posts
1952 upvotes
Toronto
Was at EB right at 11, and waited in a line of at least 25-30 people. I was last before it started growing more a few minutes later. I was still able to preorder one after getting to the checkout around 12:10pm. There were more people behind me that were also able to get it, so the stock is definitely given to the stores that generate the most business.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2045 posts
2635 upvotes
Windsor
OVOSound wrote: Was at EB right at 11, and waited in a line of at least 25-30 people. I was last before it started growing more a few minutes later. I was still able to preorder one after getting to the checkout around 12:10pm. There were more people behind me that were also able to get it, so the stock is definitely given to the stores that generate the most business.
Not a single PS5 was given to EB at Centerpoint Mall lol. Of course it was OOS before I got to other stores.
Now I have to make sure I get a pre-order for XSX so that I can use my $300ish credits ASAP.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4597 posts
1696 upvotes
Ajax
OVOSound wrote: Was at EB right at 11, and waited in a line of at least 25-30 people. I was last before it started growing more a few minutes later. I was still able to preorder one after getting to the checkout around 12:10pm. There were more people behind me that were also able to get it, so the stock is definitely given to the stores that generate the most business.
Location?
May 29, 2007
260 posts
8 upvotes
mrtvgame wrote: Same here. I was up until 12:55 am EST and apparently they went live at 1:00 am and was all sold out by 1:13 am. No emails or anything even though I was signed up for notification. Absolute garbage. I remember the day they would hold some units for Prime members. Now they couldn't give a rats' ass.
wow and I literally went to bed at 1am after giving up

yes that email notification was useless. they did not send any alerts
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4597 posts
1696 upvotes
Ajax
bromance wrote: wow and I literally went to bed at 1am after giving up

yes that email notification was useless. they did not send any alerts
It was strange in that around 12:30 a.m. the web pages started to appear but the console and accessories pages were not running yet. Slowly things came on board so after waiting as long as I could because after all some of us work here, lol, I assumed it was getting ready for a 9am EST or 12 PM PST launch. Clearly not, if you were up late or on the West Coast you had a chance.
Feb 8, 2011
345 posts
511 upvotes
Calgary
Also went to EB Games today before they opened, but as they arrived to open the doors, i was told all their stock was sold out yesterday. Guess there were enough people that rushed over while West coast stores were still open
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5897 posts
380 upvotes
Calgary
onedot34 wrote: Also went to EB Games today before they opened, but as they arrived to open the doors, i was told all their stock was sold out yesterday. Guess there were enough people that rushed over while West coast stores were still open
ya i wanted to do the trade in with my ps4 pro but the eb games i went too only had 5 ps5 preorders available and just sold them before i got there. at least i have my original bb order though.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
18502 posts
5324 upvotes
My PS+ sub is good until Feb. 28 2023, so I'm okay for awhile. Might try some of those games but have bought many of them in the past like The Last of Us and didn't enjoy them. Monster Hunter World was too much crafting and nothing else after awhile. The latter Mortal Kombat games don't interest me at all and I started with the old games at arcades. Even had guides I used to give out to people so they could do all the trick moves. Well, there MAY be some gem I might like...
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4413 posts
1375 upvotes
Toronto
DougO wrote: My PS+ sub is good until Feb. 28 2023, so I'm okay for awhile. Might try some of those games but have bought many of them in the past like The Last of Us and didn't enjoy them. Monster Hunter World was too much crafting and nothing else after awhile. The latter Mortal Kombat games don't interest me at all and I started with the old games at arcades. Even had guides I used to give out to people so they could do all the trick moves. Well, there MAY be some gem I might like...
I'll advocate for MK X and MK 11 to say that these games have some of the most entertaining and well crafted single player campaigns for a fighting game. I know that's not saying much because most fighting game story modes are garbage, but they really are very good, and worth it to play if you have some interest in fighting games, or just over the top kung fu style melodrama and action...

Agreed about Monster Hunter though... if you're not into slow paced grindy games with a lot of crafting, there's nothing there for you. TLOU was an amazing game, but such a downer that I was never really enticed to play the sequel, especially after I found out how long it was.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Aug 20, 2009
7883 posts
2735 upvotes
Grimsby
Yeah a buddy of mine was super into Monster Hunter World on PC, he bought me a copy on Steam so we could play together and I really wanted to like it but it's not for me. It just felt really generic and grindy. It's got that weird disconnect where you're unleashing a 15 foot weapon but whiffle batting the enemy 100 times. Too much downtime and running around in between the fights. There were a few weapons that seemed pretty cool but ultimately I just didn't care enough to keep playing.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3941 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto
hmm got an order on london drugs, they charged the amount in full Smiling Face With HornsAngry Face

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

anton204