Official Sony Playstation 5 Thread - Nov. 12 Launch, $499/$629

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2020 4:06 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2409 posts
2547 upvotes
GTA
Avenger wrote: People are going to be angry when all their Covid partying causes more lockdowns and they can't pick up their PS5.
Considering both new systems release days apart from each other, it will affect a lot of people if that were to happen. But there is always shipping.
c'mon get happy!
Nov 18, 2007
266 posts
337 upvotes
Markham
Avenger wrote: People are going to be angry when all their Covid partying causes more lockdowns and they can't pick up their PS5.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
4388 posts
941 upvotes
No one is saying anything about how PS5 first party games are increasing from $60 USD to $70 USD? New PS4 games are already $80 CAD so now PS5 games will be what? $90?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8542 posts
2938 upvotes
All next-gen games are going up by $10. MSRP is $69.99 USD.

The only first party PS5 games that are still $79.99 are ones that are cross-gen like SackBoy's Big Adventure which is releasing on both PS4 and PS5.
Most of 3rd Party Ubisoft's upcoming releases are cross-gen (on both current and the upcoming consoles) so they are still at $79.99 CDN.

For 3rd party developers, it seems only Ubisoft is doing this, because Activision's Call of Duty Cold War, and 2K Sports'
NBA 2K21 on PS5 and XBox SX/XBox SS are $89.99 CDN or $69.99 USD on next-gen consoles
and the regular prices on PS4 and XB1 ($79.99 CDN and $59.99 USD).
Mulder and Scully wrote: No one is saying anything about how PS5 first party games are increasing from $60 USD to $70 USD? New PS4 games are already $80 CAD so now PS5 games will be what? $90?
Last edited by XFactor11 on Sep 19th, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8542 posts
2938 upvotes
Posted this in the Console discussion topic but it might be more fitting here before this topic eventually
becomes a shipping status and "where to find or pre-order a PS5" discussion topic:

PS5 at launch performance barometer:

Spider-Man remastered on PS5 (comes with the Miles Morales Ultimate Edition) is getting ray-tracing,
60 frames per second gameplay, redesigned character models and upgraded details. Load times will be
practically instant. Spider-Man Miles Morales on PS5 also has a 60 FPS mode. But only Miles Morales on PS4 gets a
free PS5 upgrade. For current owners of Spider-Man PS4 that get a PS5, it will run on PS5 via backwards
compatibility but it will not have any of the upgraded features of the Spiderman PS5 Remaster (60 FPS mode, upgraded
character models, and ray tracing).

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/09 ... ed_for_ps5

For 3rd party software:

Devil May Cry V Special Edition on PS5 / XBox Series X announced features and performance:

Ray-tracing ON: 4K, 30 frames per second
Ray-tracing ON: 1080p, 60 frames per second
Ray-tracing OFF: 1080p, 120 frames per second.

Pumped for Demon's Souls remake on PS5:

Looks like the final game runs at 60 FPS and BluePoint actually was able to achieve a remarkable graphical leap in the remake over any
of FromSoftware's Dark Souls/Sekiro/Bloodborne games.

Also looking forward to Final Fantasy XVI because Tetsuro Nomura has no involvement in it at all.
Nomura made the Kingdom Hearts games a complete convoluted mess, and I did not like his character designs for
FF15 (where the main playable characters are all male and they looked like a J-Pop band).

-
Last edited by XFactor11 on Sep 19th, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1344 posts
654 upvotes
Scarborough
As nice of a design the render image looked, I must say it really do be looking ugly af in person. It definitely would look better with it being stood up vs down.
Mulder and Scully wrote: No one is saying anything about how PS5 first party games are increasing from $60 USD to $70 USD? New PS4 games are already $80 CAD so now PS5 games will be what? $90?
Yup, these games are going to be $102 after taxes.... Ridiculous
Dec 2, 2004
924 posts
766 upvotes
Bleachway wrote:
Yup, these games are going to be $102 after taxes.... Ridiculous
It's not that bad, because for me, I'll be playing the PS+ collection for the first year - letting the roster of new titles build up. Then buy the used ones at a discount, play it till I get bored, then resell it... prolly lose $20 or so, but that's the cost to play...
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2326 posts
355 upvotes
For the number of games I actually buy new/pay full price for it doesn't make much of a difference honestly. I assume prices will still trend down at a similar rate to this gen.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8542 posts
2938 upvotes
Windows Central has a 3D comparison of the console sizes which you can move around with your mouse here:

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-ser ... comparison

Who actually puts their consoles vertically?

I use TV stands with open space all around and lay the consoles down flat horizontally like a normal electronic device instead of a desktop tower.
For my active secondary consoles I have them next to my desktop pc on a large PC desk.
Even with the stands to hold the consoles vertically, I would be warry of knocking them over.

Except it seems both Xbox Series X and PS5 vent out the air to the right side when laying down flat horizontally
So maybe I would have to put them on separate shelves depending on the intensity of the air outflow.

Edit kind of redundant but posted it in both threads.
Last edited by XFactor11 on Sep 20th, 2020 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)