Official Sony Playstation 5 Thread - Nov. 12 Launch, $499/$629

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 11:20 am
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8536 posts
2932 upvotes
Confirmed launch titles for both systems as of Sept. 2020

PS5 Exclusive Launch title games (Nov. 12, Nov 19 elsewhere worldwide)

Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on all PS5s
Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio)
Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV)
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition
Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV)

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps5-l ... 0-6482208/

3rd Party PS5 games available at launch:

Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War
Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition (Digital)
Fortnite
Godfall (3rd party PS5 and PC exclusive)
Observer: System Redux
Watch Dogs: Legion

Games Coming To PS5 At Or Around Launch:

Aragami 2
Bugsnax (console exclusive)
Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Control: Ultimate Edition
Dirt 5
Immortals: Fenyx Rising (December 3, 2020)
Madden NFL 21
Marvel's Avengers
NBA 2K21
Oddworld: Soulstorm
Outriders
Overcooked: All You Can Eat
Planet Coaster: Console Edition
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (December 8, 2020)
Rainbow Six Siege
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (First party exclusive)
WRC 9

Xbox Series X/ XBox Series S Exclusive Games available at November 10th launch:

Gears 5 (Series X Upgraded)
Gears Tactics
Tetris Effect: Connected (3rd party timed XBox Series X/S exclusive)
Yakuza: Like a Dragon (3rd party timed XBox Exclusive on next-gen)

3rd Party XBox Series X/ XBox Series S games available at launch:

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Dirt 5
FIFA 21
Fortnite
The Falconeer
Marvel's Avengers
NBA 2K21
Observer: System Redux
Watch Dogs Legion

Games Coming To Xbox Series X/S At Or Around Launch:

12 Minutes
Call of the Sea
Control: Ultimate Edition
CrossfireX
Dead Static Drive
Everwild
Exo One
Lake
Last Stop
Mad Streets
Outriders
Overcooked: All You Can Eat
Planet Coaster: Console Edition
Rainbow Six Siege
Recompile
Sable
Scorn
Shredders
Song of Iron
The Artful Escape
The Ascent
The Big Con
The Medium
Tunic
Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer's Legacy
WRC 9
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11904 posts
2099 upvotes
Mississauga
RiftOfChaos wrote: I love the Ps5 Avant garde design. I just hope the cooling and noise solution is prioritized.

X looks too much like a PC tower and is rather boring.
I agree. The vast majority of home electronics are black rectangular boxes and it gets monotonous. I like it when a company goes outside the box when it comes to design. This may be pure speculation, but I read somewhere online that the overhanging panels are to ensure that the device gets sufficient ventilation for cooling, as it would be near impossible to block the vents.
Oct 17, 2017
57 posts
27 upvotes
I like the design of digital PS5 case as well. Not sure how I'll feel about it 20 years in the future (looking back at the original Xbox and PS2 sitting on my shelf - loved it then... not so much now), but in the present it's a breath of fresh air.
Feb 24, 2018
327 posts
152 upvotes
Very excited about getting this even though I won't buy for an year+. I'm looking at monitors now, looks like all the 120/144 Hz monitors are actually only 60Hz if using HDMI until HDMI 2.1 becomes common which won't be on most budget gaming monitors anyways in the near-future.

Although I never play online so I'm thinking that 60hz should be good enough and I can get 4k at that resolution with hopefully a low response time. Just have to figure out now whether to stick to 24" or to go up to 27" which might be a bit too big since I like to sit 2-3 feet from the monitor.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1395 posts
450 upvotes
Only 1% of PS5 console pre-orders were the disc-less digital version. Either this was a paper launch and Sony is trying not too lose too much money on the digital consoles at $399 or brick&mortar stores are refusing to sell them because they still sell physical disks. This would be like McDonalds allowing Whoppers to be sold in their restaurants.

Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2397 posts
2517 upvotes
GTA
Bryson wrote: Only 1% of PS5 console pre-orders were the disc-less digital version. Either this was a paper launch and Sony is trying not too lose too much money on the digital consoles at $399 or brick&mortar stores are refusing to sell them because they still sell physical disks. This would be like McDonalds allowing Whoppers to be sold in their restaurants.

As CheapyD said, only 1% of CAGs ordered the digital version, which doesn't translate into only 1% are digital.

According to ARS Technica it's about 20-33% digital stock:
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/09/ ... pre-order/

Following the PS5 preorder thread last week and I can believe those numbers. A lot of people were saying they were buying the cheaper digital console, but by the end of the preorder windows there didn't seem to be any left. At that ratio and price point it probably sold out fairly quickly.
Not sure why retailers would want to hold back on a hot selling item, especially considering how slow the economy is.
c'mon get happy!
Oct 12, 2009
549 posts
39 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: As CheapyD said, only 1% of CAGs ordered the digital version, which doesn't translate into only 1% are digital.

According to ARS Technica it's about 20-33% digital stock:
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/09/ ... pre-order/

Following the PS5 preorder thread last week and I can believe those numbers. A lot of people were saying they were buying the cheaper digital console, but by the end of the preorder windows there didn't seem to be any left. At that ratio and price point it probably sold out fairly quickly.
Not sure why retailers would want to hold back on a hot selling item, especially considering how slow the economy is.
I wonder if part of it is because digital only means the stores lose out on future physical sales. Eb and otters must be anxious about consoles moving towards digital only models.

Surprised in the hype difference between the two consoles so far
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2397 posts
2517 upvotes
GTA
amuseddaysleeper wrote: I wonder if part of it is because digital only means the stores lose out on future physical sales. Eb and otters must be anxious about consoles moving towards digital only models.

Surprised in the hype difference between the two consoles so far
They would have to adapt or die like any other business. Record stores became record-8 track-tape stores to CD to online to non-existent in a lot of cases. The writings been on the wall for a while that digital is the future.
I don't know what hype difference there is, impossible to measure that empirically. A lot of people here seem excited for one or the other or both, as Fanboying also Intensifies. I'm excited because my PS4 collection will increase from cheaper incoming sales for the next few years. I will probably/possibly buy a PS5 down the road.

So I know the PS5 numbers were 11 million worldwide at/around launch, but did MS reveal their numbers? I haven't been able to find anything concrete.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4387 posts
1353 upvotes
Toronto
BernardRyder wrote: So I know the PS5 numbers were 11 million worldwide at/around launch, but did MS reveal their numbers? I haven't been able to find anything concrete.
Where did you get those numbers? That sounds VERY lofty, considering earlier this year Sony even said they were experiencing component shortages due to COVID and other factors, and were reducing the number of PS5s made this fiscal year. Are you sure that's how many they're producing at launch?

In comparison, 7.5 million PS4 were sold within six months of launch...
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Aug 20, 2009
7855 posts
2706 upvotes
Grimsby
M1GOmigs wrote: Where did you get those numbers? That sounds VERY lofty, considering earlier this year Sony even said they were experiencing component shortages due to COVID and other factors, and were reducing the number of PS5s made this fiscal year. Are you sure that's how many they're producing at launch?

In comparison, 7.5 million PS4 were sold within six months of launch...
Sony denies production cuts, plans to produce 11 million consoles in 2021

They've been talking about it for awhile now. There were some rumors that production was cut by 4 million but Sony denied them. Whether they sell 11 million is anyones guess.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4387 posts
1353 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote: Sony denies production cuts, plans to produce 11 million consoles in 2021

They've been talking about it for awhile now. There were some rumors that production was cut by 4 million but Sony denied them. Whether they sell 11 million is anyones guess.
Ah so it's their initial run, not their preorder stock... I have no doubt they'll sell out quickly, but 11M at launch seemed a bit much, unless it was more skewed towards the discless consoles
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Aug 20, 2009
7855 posts
2706 upvotes
Grimsby
Sorry I'm wrong, they are shooting for 15M in production in the first year. I can't remember where I read it but someone mentioned they were shooting for 3-4M for the launch window (first 90 days). COVID presents a lot of logistical challenges though obviously.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

RiftOfChaos, daner90