Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2010
4344 posts
382 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks OP. Makes it easier.

LOL 107 people viewing this thread :lol:
We Are All Witnesses.

NOT a Heat fan. Only a LeBron fan (since 2002)
May 29, 2009
326 posts
55 upvotes
ON
I don't know if I get the concept here. I've been well aware of how to access this, but the point of checking RFD is for finding out deals (IE if one of the prices on that site changes, someone will notice so I dont need to check The Source, and all the other sites each day)

To me, this thread is akin to posting links to BB, FS, WM, etc. and saying "now you can check the weekly flyers yourselves, rather than have them posted on here weekly"
Aug 27, 2005
659 posts
35 upvotes
Click thrus?

E.G. XBOX
why is the link posted:

http://w w w.tkqlhce.com/click-749547-10797598?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thesource.ca%2Festore%2Foutlet.aspx%3Flanguage%3Den-CA%26catalog%3DOnline%26category%3DXBOX_360%26pagenum%3D1%26sort%3D5&sid=forums

and not

http://w w w.thesource.ca/estore/outlet.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=XBOX_360&pagenum=1&sort=5

just wondering....

edit ... nevermind....RFD is doing it... bloody yellow pages!
I'm not MEAN!....I'm just careful... ;)
[OP]
Banned
Sep 22, 2011
331 posts
85 upvotes
Lakers24 wrote: I don't know if I get the concept here. I've been well aware of how to access this, but the point of checking RFD is for finding out deals (IE if one of the prices on that site changes, someone will notice so I dont need to check The Source, and all the other sites each day)

To me, this thread is akin to posting links to BB, FS, WM, etc. and saying "now you can check the weekly flyers yourselves, rather than have them posted on here weekly"

Ah yes, the links for XBOX360, PS3, and PSP clearance can't be found easily (on their site, that is). I actually just missed 2 GHWOR's (EB qualifier) since there were lots of seperate the source threads and I somehow missed that one thread. Mind you one is still in stock, but it would've got me both and saved a trip back.
Banned
Jul 8, 2011
2945 posts
466 upvotes
Lakers24 wrote: I don't know if I get the concept here. I've been well aware of how to access this, but the point of checking RFD is for finding out deals
Not to mention that the best deals are usually not even listed online, or are hidden from the standard category views. :facepalm:

Try searching for Madden 11 PS3 or any copy of NHL 11. :razz:
-
Waiting for something good
May 29, 2009
326 posts
55 upvotes
ON
PurePsychism wrote: Ah yes, the links for XBOX360, PS3, and PSP clearance can't be found easily (on their site, that is). I actually just missed 2 GHWOR's (EB qualifier) since there were lots of seperate the source threads and I somehow missed that one thread. Mind you one is still in stock, but it would've got me both and saved a trip back.

The secret is "clearance outlet" at the top of the home page.

But anyway, I guess maybe people will find this useful, but for me, even though I know how to navigate to the clearance department, I have no desire to do so to check for changes daily, and then turn around and do that on every other gaming site.

This brings me back to my original point, I come to RFD so I don't need to go to each site individually. These forums will be completely redundant if this is the layout, and the "hot deals" forum has no info on sales/price drops/deals, and we simply get a link to the original site.
[OP]
Banned
Sep 22, 2011
331 posts
85 upvotes
DaWinman wrote: Not to mention that the best deals are usually not even listed online, or are hidden from the standard category views. :facepalm:

Try searching for Madden 11 PS3 or any copy of NHL 11. :razz:

As of yesterday Madden 11 PS3 is $35. :facepalm: The links I listed tend to show the majority of the games that have been at my local source. Madden 11 PS3 was at my local source (not hot deal) and nhl 11 was not so YMMV.
Lakers24 wrote: The secret is "clearance outlet" at the top of the home page.

But anyway, I guess maybe people will find this useful, but for me, even though I know how to navigate to the clearance department, I have no desire to do so to check for changes daily, and then turn around and do that on every other gaming site.

Ah, I knew about that but didn't know that it would bring you to the clearance sections when you clicked the categories after navigating there. Thanks :D . Just a fyi the nintendo clearance category which I found earlier is also under non-clearance categories then you just click it to go there.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
1780 posts
586 upvotes
I think anyone who was interested should be capable of doing this themselves.

The thing is, the majority of people would rather come to a forum and look at the new threads for new deals rather than open up 5 links and search through them daily at a chance to find one or two possibly deals.

So thanks for the thought, but I imagine this thread will die rather quickly and you'll continue seeing threads whenever a game gets a discount.

Unless of course you wanted to update the thread every day after you yourself check, then this may turn out to be useful.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2006
1755 posts
226 upvotes
Burlington
I've never seen the words "Sold Out" so many times.
Jul 28, 2009
4 posts
4 upvotes
It's almost impossible to get most of these deals in the GTA because they are usually sold out I find, and it isn't worth the gas to go elsewhere. Too bad too many hoarders who buy multiple copies. :(
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
2063 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks this is going to be helpful
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
2745 posts
829 upvotes
http://www.thesource.ca/estore/product. ... ct=5810606

$5

It puts out 1.5 Amp (less than the 2.0 needed for the iPad, but more than the 1.0 put out by most USB chargers) and is therefore can be used as a "rapid charger" for other USB devices... the usb port has "ridges" in it (shown in the picture) that matches the official PSP Go USB cable, but you just scrape those things off and you can plug in any standard USB cable to charge other devices... I have one on my desk that I use to rapid-charge my BlackBerry, and because the iPad 2 WILL charge even with standard USB (it says "not charging" on the screen, but if you leave it long enough, it will actually charge) this will charge your iPad (just not as fast as a 2 amp charger.)
na na na na na na na na na NA.