The Official TENNIS Thread - Everything About Tennis

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2020 12:06 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3351 posts
1360 upvotes
Can anyone here provide a link to this full match?

Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9528 posts
957 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote: Can anyone here provide a link to this full match?

What a match, Osaka and Andreescu are my current faves in the WTA right now.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
8157 posts
2850 upvotes
Mississauga
mcg wrote: What a match, Osaka and Andreescu are my current faves in the WTA right now.
Geez, i felt like i watched a great portion of the match in just 8 minutes. Amazing match.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3351 posts
1360 upvotes
Of course I was rooting for Bianca, but her losing to her Romanian idol Simona Halep keeps her grounded so that she's still hungry and striving to be the best.

Jul 4, 2018
469 posts
396 upvotes
Fed won fed won!!! After all these years vs novak, fed won!!!

Wait what? Fed won? I guess it'll be patry time in fednatics land.

*fednatics: when maestro loses to nadal/novak is because he is 38yrs old (too old)
*fednatics: when maestro beats nadal/novak is because he is highly skilled.

Amirite fednatics? Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Put some resphek on my name!
Jul 4, 2018
469 posts
396 upvotes
Have a look at this list fednatics. Look at your goat.

By looking at this list it shows that fed's prime ended quite early after 2009 when he was only 28yrs old?

Im not sure to be honest. Fednatics have too many claims on fed's prime, i dont know when fed's prime was ended. When fed wins any big tournies after the age of 28, fednatics claim fed is goat and still in his prime. When fed loses any matches after the age of 28, fednatics claim fed's prime already ended. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed EyesSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes

I guess gone are the days of consistenly beating the likes of hewitt(s), safin(s), roddick(s), ferrero(s), Baghdatis(s), González(s) etc have also clouded fednatics judgements.

ATP TOUR YEAR-END NO. 1

Year Player
2019 Rafael Nadal (Spain)
2018 Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
2017 Rafael Nadal (Spain)
2016 Andy Murray (Great Britain)
2015 Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
2014 Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
2013 Rafael Nadal (Spain)
2012 Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
2011 Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
2010 Rafael Nadal (Spain)
2009 Roger Federer (Switzerland) - nadal/novak 23/22y-o
2008 Rafael Nadal (Spain) - fed/novak 27/21y-o
2007 Roger Federer (Switzerland) - nadal/novak 21/20y-o
2006 Roger Federer (Switzerland) - nadal/novak 20/19y-o
2005 Roger Federer (Switzerland) - nadal/novak 19/18y-o
2004 Roger Federer (Switzerland) - nadal/novak 18/17y-o

All the while Nadal/novak are still battling it out at their prime ages of 32/33yrs old onwards. Because of these two goats consistently battling to be #1, the fednatics can sleep easy with their 310 weeks at #1Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy.

I wondered what the fednatics will claim when nadal surpasses 20 GS and novak toppling 310 weeks at #1. I cant wait i cant wait *sasha baron's voice in the dictator movie*

ALL-TIME WEEKS AT NO. 1

No. 1 Player Total Weeks Longest Streak
Roger Federer 310 237 weeks
Pete Sampras 286 102 weeks
Novak Djokovic 275 122 weeks
Ivan Lendl 270 157 weeks
Jimmy Connors 268 160 weeks
Rafael Nadal 200 56 weeks
Jul 4, 2018
469 posts
396 upvotes
Here is something else for you fednatics to chew on.

There once upon a time when maestro was mirking everyone on tour unless they're nadal and novak.

It is so sad for your goat looking at this picture during this decade. 23 of 42 titles or over 50% won playing against killers on the atp250 and atp500 Grinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes

*fednatics: it was all about winning GS! Nothing else matter except the GS! IT'S ALL ABOUT WINNING GS damn it 🤬🤬!!!

Well what do you think at the picture below?
Image*tennis fans : we acknowledge facts
*fednatics : We only know excuses

That 10 or so GS your goat won in the previous decade must have been through battles against other goat candidates amirite? It couldnt have been against some journeymen could it? NO! NO! NO! I refuse to believe so! 🤣🤣🤣

@OntEdTchr how do you like them apples ive put forth before you? Not bad for some casual fan right? These facts go well with the salt you've harvested this decade.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
3219 posts
1066 upvotes
Woodbridge
@Unresphek You've got too much time on your hands. I'm also not sure why you're tagging me. I've addressed you exactly once in this thread and that was to call you out on your statement that "the goat discussion is a two horse race with nadal vs novak." I would challenge you to find a single tennis reporter or analyst that would agree with that statement. There are always other names in the conversation. Compelling arguments continue to be made to include the likes of Borg, Lendl, Connors, Sampras and Laver in the conversation. And you really need to reflect critically on how quickly you jump to conclusions. All I've said is that Federer clearly needs to be in the conversation and based on that, you've decided that I'm a "fednatic."
Jul 4, 2018
469 posts
396 upvotes
Not all is lost this past year and decade fednatics. Maestro is still winning BIG in all our hearts because that is all is matter amirite? Rite?

2019 ATP Awards Winners Announced
ATPTour.com Fans’ Favourite (Singles)(voted by fans) (this is very prestigious, these people knows what tennis is all about)
Roger Federer

Roger Federer Named GQ's Most Stylish Man Of The Decade (The Swiss wins contest based on fans' votes) (this award is the official stamp to being a GOAT, no ifs or buts about it. This right here is the mount rushmore of all awards and maestro has also achieved it this past decade. All hail Federer!)

The editors of GQ described each of the 16 celebrities in the bracket, and this is what they wrote about Federer:

“Some of the guys on this list made their reputations on red carpets; others, in paparazzi shots. Roger Federer, on the other hand, has a case for most stylish man of the decade thanks to something as simple as this: When the guy puts on his Wimbledon whites, he stands basically alone. It’s not about his clothes so much as the righteously relaxed, preternaturally confident way he moves in them. (Also: Dude is a Bond-level tux wearer.)”

Nadal/novak with their measly tennis accolades (what are those!?!) dont even compare to goat fed with being the most pretty!

It cannot get any more GOAT-er than the statement above ladies and gentlemen. All you non believers read it and weep!
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1409 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
Man, what did Roger ever do to you? All these posts are getting ridiculous. Maybe some of us appreciate his playing style and personal qualities beyond just his career statistics?
Oct 24, 2009
746 posts
820 upvotes
Vancouver
Hey guys, anyone applied for Wimbledon ballot? My spouse won 2 tickets for women's final but we have 5yo so need another ticket if all three of us want to enjoy. Only if this was for men's final, I would book flight and hotel right away but for women's final.. do you think it's worth it??
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8719 posts
905 upvotes
Raonic still in the Aussie Open... not looking good with an 0-10 record vs Djokovic but who knows... Federer lost to Robredo having something like a 10-0 record at the US Open i believe a few yrs back.

Raonic has been under the radar... hasn't even dropped a set yet and he's fact 2 QUALITY opponents in Tsisitpas and Cilic.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3568 posts
306 upvotes
Leuven
sleepyguy wrote: Raonic still in the Aussie Open... not looking good with an 0-10 record vs Djokovic but who knows... Federer lost to Robredo having something like a 10-0 record at the US Open i believe a few yrs back.

Raonic has been under the radar... hasn't even dropped a set yet and he's fact 2 QUALITY opponents in Tsisitpas and Cilic.
Fingers crossed he can get his breakthrough against Djokovic, but yeah a real tall order.
Oct 11, 2016
485 posts
147 upvotes
taya1214 wrote: Hey guys, anyone applied for Wimbledon ballot? My spouse won 2 tickets for women's final but we have 5yo so need another ticket if all three of us want to enjoy. Only if this was for men's final, I would book flight and hotel right away but for women's final.. do you think it's worth it??
lucky you...I've been applying for the past 5 years...no luck...