• Oct 12th, 2020 12:06 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2014
1305 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto, ON
NBA player Nikola Jokic also tested positive after meeting Novak Djokovic

If there's one thing covid thrives on, it's stupidity. This event had all the makings of a covid spreader and they still foolishly went ahead anyway.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8705 posts
893 upvotes
Yup, idiotic. How did the organizers and promoters give the green light on this I have no idea... Djokovic of course has tremendous pull being #1 in the world of course. His dad is quite piece of work too... blaming Dimitrov for causing the outbreak LOL... what an idiot... his dad has been saying stupid stuff for yrs now so no surprise.

Also had no idea he is quite a "looney" bin... https://www.eurosport.com/tennis/novak- ... tory.shtml

So those 3rd world countrys can just "feel good" and suddenly all their water is clean... he is in "la-la" land in his own fantasy bubble.
danny3526 wrote: NBA player Nikola Jokic also tested positive after meeting Novak Djokovic

If there's one thing covid thrives on, it's stupidity. This event had all the makings of a covid spreader and they still foolishly went ahead anyway.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8705 posts
893 upvotes
Man, top ATP are not giving a good look on mens professional tennis at the moment... Djokovic with his boneheaded charity tournament and infecting a bunch of players. Thiem, attending that tournament and not isolating and playing more events... ugh. Then Zverev saying he would isolate for 14 days after attending djokovics tournament... yet seen at a crowed party a few days afterwards with zero distancing or mask. Such a BAD look on mens tennis at the moment... bunch of selfish idiots.

US Open is probably sweating buckets at the moment... Federer is already out... Nadal says he will skip probably... and Djokovic is a PR disaster at the moment. Funny part is Kyrgios is the one that is level headed LOL.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21155 posts
2491 upvotes
Toronto
^ hahah oh man.............I thought folks in the US were selfish and ignoring all rules....

Europeans too? Man, I'm staying in Canada for the next little while!!!

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21130 posts
23332 upvotes
Toronto
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21155 posts
2491 upvotes
Toronto
^ sucks.....but she has to take care of herself.

It’s her knee right? Troublesome injury, once a knee is comprised....it is never the same.

Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
3219 posts
1065 upvotes
Woodbridge
BD12 wrote: Djokovic disqualified...

Unlucky, but he should know better than to angrily hit a ball behind him where he's not looking. The kicker here is that if that ball just hit the back wall, it wouldn't have even been sufficient for a ball abuse warning IMO. That's where this is kind of different from the Shap Davis cup DQ. If that ball hadn't hit the ump he still would've been coded for ball abuse. Oh well, with these things, your intent doesn't matter.
Jul 4, 2018
468 posts
395 upvotes
Im not a novak fan but i feel bad for him although he brought it on himself. This was his chance to getting another GS without anyone threatening aside from my boy thiem.

Side note: i only like novak when he's facing roger in a GS final. I love it when he is up against the whole crowd and shuts them up. I love the crowd faces after he smashes maestro. WIM19, 40-15, *whole stadium* one more point roger! One more! Go roger go...
Put some resphek on my name!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8705 posts
893 upvotes
Those defending him... he's done this MANY times and luckily was not called out on it. He even did it earlier in the match... sooner or later it was bound to happen, that lines women was definitely hollywooding it though for sure... come on the ball was going like 5mph.

At least the "nextgen" can actually grab a slam now.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Jul 4, 2018
468 posts
395 upvotes
sleepyguy wrote: Those defending him... he's done this MANY times and luckily was not called out on it. He even did it earlier in the match... sooner or later it was bound to happen, that lines women was definitely hollywooding it though for sure... come on the ball was going like 5mph.

I don't think any UN-biased tennis fans are defending Novak's consequence. The only people that are defending him are the names ending in IC.

The line judge was auditioning for a movie role in doubt. Either that or she's a fednatic hating the thought of Novak inching closer to her hero. Any chance she gets she'd put a brake on that. Regardless Novak screwed himself.

Had it been roger that hit the line judge she would have hopped up so fast and admire her hero like nothing ever occured. And if had it been roger that got defaulted the media and his crazy fans would be so biased for him calling it unjustly defaulted and they would rewrite the rules for him.

The media and the fans love roger and for some weird reason they're so disgustingly disrespectful when novak is across the net. I mean, give the guy a little respect even just 1%. I don't even like the guy but he is freakishly good. Thiem had him on the rope in AO20 but he came through *so sad*.

Here's hoping my boy thiem gets #1
Put some resphek on my name!
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21155 posts
2491 upvotes
Toronto
sleepyguy wrote: Those defending him... he's done this MANY times and luckily was not called out on it. He even did it earlier in the match... sooner or later it was bound to happen, that lines women was definitely hollywooding it though for sure... come on the ball was going like 5mph.

lol - this....

Dood angrily smashed the ball against the side wall earlier in the match (no one was there luckily).......

The line judge reaction is hilarious though - like she got shot!!! Reminds me of the naked gun clip in the stadium....

Actual Djoker clip

Naked Gun Save the Queen clip (@1:51 mark)

Rafa & Feddy are prolly kicking themselves that they didn't play in this tourney - lol!!!

Now a new US Open champ - rooting for a Cdn kid!!!

Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2003
1148 posts
95 upvotes

Bedene hit a camera man WAAAY harder than Joker's lob except the man didn't act like a baby.

Bedene did not get kicked out of the tourney.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21155 posts
2491 upvotes
Toronto
^

I think a cameraman is different from a line judge....(More important? Not saying it is right but line judge is part of the game...cameraman not really)....

Hence the Djoker disqualification....

But fully agree about the lady’s reaction...lol, like she got shot or karate chopped to the throat!

Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
3219 posts
1065 upvotes
Woodbridge
Fire Man wrote:

Bedene hit a camera man WAAAY harder than Joker's lob except the man didn't act like a baby.

Bedene did not get kicked out of the tourney.
He should have been.