• Dec 9th, 2020 8:33 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
Mm33311 wrote: I have not seen Unblock TV in the store so I cannot try it.
How is this box as compared to HTV? I already have an S912 Andriod box and Kodi with a few Asian addons but there are not much Cantonese contents. I am looking for another box mainly for Cantonese movies and TVB drama.
icdrama add-on has many Cantonese contents.
Apr 18, 2017
11 posts
drdtyc wrote: icdrama add-on has many Cantonese contents.
Yes but they are old, not much new Hong Kong movies there. Icdrama came up with only one new Hong Kong movies (Cook Up a Storm) in the last 2 months. Azdrama has not been working for a few months.

My friend has a HTV which is 2-3 years old but it has a lot more new Hong Kong movies. Unfortunately, it is over $200.
Price of Unblock TV is a lot lower. This is why I asked the question. Again, I am interested in HK movies and drama, not live TV.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
3690 posts
2227 upvotes
EVPad can get Fairchild. Is it available for ubox as well? If so how?
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13938 posts
5434 upvotes
nop, pretty much evpad have the exclusive on fairchild unless you wanna subscribe to 3rd party iptv service
zzricezz wrote: EVPad can get Fairchild. Is it available for ubox as well? If so how?
The sweetest gyal
Mar 3, 2012
260 posts
130 upvotes
Montreal, QC
How is the Ubox Gen 4?

I am mainly interested with the VOD app (uvod the name?).

Does it have a lot of Korean VOD drama, old and new one?

Does it have sub in chinese?

Does it buffer a lot during peek time like 3 pm to 11 pm?

Thanks!
Mar 22, 2004
882 posts
105 upvotes
Ottawa
I think I got the 1st gen of these. Do any of you know where is a place to get support for this? Got some trouble with accessing Google Play. :(
Sep 26, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
I bought the 3rd version and it was awful. From the moment I bought it, after around 30 mins of use or a minute or so of scrolling through the VOD services, the box would crash and shut down. The guys I bought it from 'alienshop1' (wechat ID) was useless and there was zero support offered for a box that was clearly faulty. It if worked, the box would have been amazing but unfortunately, the box kept crashing and the customer service they offered was awful. Shame
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6564 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if this still works ? My parents claim theirs have expired ?
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
Pochacco wrote: Anyone know if this still works ? My parents claim theirs have expired ?
Not really expired.
After a year or 2 of use, the firmware or software got corrupted ( due to poor engineering?!).

Mine had the same problem. Contacted customer support of Unblock Tech on FaceBook. They emailed me with a link to download the factory firmware and included instructions how to flash. My Ubox is now back to working order.

All this is free of charge and my box is already outside 1 year warranty too. Much better than no support from MoonBox which I previously owned.

Took a picture of the label on the bottom of your box to show them. They need it to know exactly which particular version of firmware to send you.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6564 upvotes
Toronto
drdtyc wrote: Not really expired.
After a year or 2 of use, the firmware or software got corrupted ( due to poor engineering?!).

Mine had the same problem. Contacted customer support of Unblock Tech on FaceBook. They emailed me with a link to download the factory firmware and included instructions how to flash. My Ubox is now back to working order.

All this is free of charge and my box is already outside 1 year warranty too. Much better than no support from MoonBox which I previously owned.

Took a picture of the label on the bottom of your box to show them. They need it to know exactly which particular version of firmware to send you.
Thank you 👍🏼
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
Pochacco wrote: Thank you 👍🏼
Even when the box is in working order, one needs to occasionally clean the junk/cache files using the memory cleaner app provided on the box and any such app sideloaded onto the box from an USB drive, for example. Otherwise the limited ram is choked up and the box either runs very slowly or cannot start any app.
Jul 2, 2003
239 posts
13 upvotes
Has anyone tried the latest gen ubox?
Might get one for my parents

Are there any better alternatives ? And where are you guys getting it?
Amazon?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9824 posts
5822 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
drdtyc wrote: On my Ubox I have used the following 3 apps to watch latest Engish movies and TV shows.

Titanium TV
Tyhone TV
CyberFlix TV
(The above 3 are clones of Terranium TV app which discontinued. They may have the same user interface, But their sources are different. You may not find any source of a particular movie in one app. But there are souces avaialble in the other two apps. Thus I use the three on the Ubox.)

Other 2 apps of use to me are:
Live Net TV - to watch live Canadian English channels e.g. CP24
TV影院 - to watch Chinese and Engish movies; its interface is in Chinese only.

P.S. Owners of Ubox, who are interested to try out these apps, may click the above links to download the apps on a USB drive and then sideload them to their Uboxes. These apps also work on any Android TV box or FireStick.
I tried go 360 app and it needs to pay $60 a year. So these app and ubox does not need to pay?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
theflyingsquirrel wrote: I tried go 360 app and it needs to pay $60 a year. So these app and ubox does not need to pay?
They are all free i.e. no subscription to watch shows.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9824 posts
5822 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
drdtyc wrote: They are all free i.e. no subscription to watch shows.
TV影院 is not working. I get http 400 error with no source.
Is it still working for you?
The other apps the box wont allow me to install as they said it is malware.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
theflyingsquirrel wrote: TV影院 is not working. I get http 400 error with no source.
Is it still working for you?
The other apps the box wont allow me to install as they said it is malware.
I have no problem to install all apps.
I used my laptop to download to a USB drive and sideloaded them to the UBox device.
I am still using them on my UBox as of today.
Sep 20, 2003
669 posts
280 upvotes
Burnaby
How many years use are people getting out of their UBox?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
8423 posts
4666 upvotes
Durham
I got both of these and both work great. No need to pay each month.

One on each side of my Denon receiver ... both boxes via HDMI to receiver ... both boxes connected via ethernet cable to the Asus Gigabit Switch mounted on the wall in the back that is connected directly via CAT7 (ran down the side of the fireplace and threaded through all the joists in my currently unfinished basement) to the Bell Home Home 3000 Modem that is located in the basement.

No buffering. Both boxes do have their deficiency ... some channels don't work ... one box doesn't have Sportsnet (still trying to get that fixed).

Otherwise ... they work perfectly fine.

IMG_20201130_071201.jpg
IMG_20201130_071223.jpg
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)