Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5726 posts
1526 upvotes
Mississauga
CenturyBreak wrote: It's not just Accuweather; that's what was reported by Environment Canada yesterday afternoon as well. It's since been fixed if you refer to "Past 24 Hours" but I noticed it here in Burlington as well yesterday. It was, in part, due to the fact that the temperature rose so quickly, the relative humidity dropped to near 25%, at which point it has a small effect on humidex: more like a temp of 34 and humidex of ~ 35... but not 34. ;)
This entire summer, i have never seen the realfeel show 40°.... And we know we have had that a few times already... Lol
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Ok so I tried to figure out humidex values sing this thing and after I saw the flaws, it really reminded me what we were discussing earlier in this thread. When I input dewpoint of 22 and temperature of 22 I get a humidex slightly above the temp. When I input dewpoint of 25 and temperature of 25 which is therefore also a 100% humidity it gave me a humidex value also of 25! This is seriously flawed! We all know that when it is 100% humidity it will feel much hotter than the actual temp when in the 20s. Could this flawed machine be in any way related to the flaws also seen by members in this thread using accuweather??? I wonder if they used this trashy tool which is clearly inaccurate! I wont trust this thing because clearly it is not calculating this properly. And it was the first result in Google. So don't know what to use anymore :confused:
http://www.calculator.net/heat-index-calculator.html
blahhh
Oct 16, 2008
918 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: I think the equipment in Ontario is flawed!
Hey OP - any idea what the weather in Banff would be like first week of August? :D
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Pho6 wrote: Hey OP - any idea what the weather in Banff would be like first week of August? :D
Hello! It looks seasonal to a bit below, so heat will be fairly limited during that time and beyond and appears to be intermittent showers so far. I see light to moderate showers on most days but no significant amounts.

EDIT: I see conflicting signals for Ontario/GTA. One source shows a continuation of the above normal temperature regime while the CFS shows a complete end to it as soon as August starts. I can't make any certain forecast for this area yet because of it! The slight coolness/dryness in Banff for said period looks more certain.
blahhh
Oct 16, 2008
918 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Hello! It looks seasonal to a bit below, so heat will be fairly limited during that time and beyond and appears to be intermittent showers so far. I see light to moderate showers on most days but no significant amounts.

EDIT: I see conflicting signals for Ontario/GTA. One source shows a continuation of the above normal temperature regime while the CFS shows a complete end to it as soon as August starts. I can't make any certain forecast for this area yet because of it! The slight coolness/dryness in Banff for said period looks more certain.
thanks so much! :) Fingers crossed for dryness in Banff them :)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Pho6 wrote: thanks so much! :) Fingers crossed for dryness in Banff them :)
Welcome.
So far so good as the dryness is the distinctively strong signal I am seeing so far.
Below average precipitation remains intact in the forecast period.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
631 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Please tell me some relief is coming for Toronto. I mean an extended period of relief not the few hours reprieve we have been getting. This humidex is making me a lot more cranky than normal and that is bad for all involved. :lol:
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
willdacanucker wrote: Please tell me some relief is coming for Toronto. I mean an extended period of relief not the few hours reprieve we have been getting. This humidex is making me a lot more cranky than normal and that is bad for all involved. :lol:
Yeah its coming. First Banff then here in August.

But what bugs me is that my NOAA data continues to show warmth into the second week of Aug! Until this is dropped, expect to wait a long time to see any lasting cool down.
Seriously though, this is Canada not the Dominican Republic. This weather that people go there to enjoy comes here for a few months each year that's it.

Don't forget that we are in Canada and this city will look like this in just a few months!
Don't like the hot sunny weather? I will hit fast forward then! :lol:
blahhh
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1097 posts
110 upvotes
Burlington
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Don't forget that we are in Canada and this city will look like this in just a few months!
Look like that? Not bloody likely!

Chances are it'll be like the past three miserable winters with essentially zero snow! Grrr!!! :evil: :cry: :mad:
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
2285 posts
783 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Don't forget that we are in Canada and this city will look like this in just a few months!
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2160 posts
443 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Anyone else finding that their workplace has the AC set to freezer level. Some days (like) today it is like Siberia, I am getting a brutal headache from how cold it is in here.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2009
3695 posts
114 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Don't forget that we are in Canada and this city will look like this in just a few months!
Ehhhh...that's really stretching the definition of a 'few' when it comes to months. Last winter it was January before we saw anything like that, which is 6 months from now...HALF of the year is 'quite a few' months.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
zonetbh wrote: Ehhhh...that's really stretching the definition of a 'few' when it comes to months. Last winter it was January before we saw anything like that, which is 6 months from now...HALF of the year is 'quite a few' months.
I tried to google the definition of a few. There is no definite boundary, just that it means "not very many" and 5 months technically falls into that.
In 5 months boxing day will be over, and it will NOT be el nino so expect winter to come when it should.
blahhh