Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
When your forecasts are based on some bs like the moon, I don't even remotely consider using them.
I used the Almanac weather content in grade 7 and 8. I feel stupid about it! I used to always get excited about September and the new almanac books just for the weather. Seems dumb that I got excited just for that :facepalm:
blahhh
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
630 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
For the love of all that is holy, PLEASE tell me cooler/dryer/cold weather is coming soon.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
3988 posts
253 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
willdacanucker wrote: For the love of all that is holy, PLEASE tell me cooler/dryer/cold weather is coming soon.
Hot weather is good to cleanse your soul of impuritites.More hot weather please.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
One day forecasted to be normal. The rest above normal!

Although the long range is now looking more seasonal. I must add that the CFS model still puts more emphasis on warmth. So it wont exactly be a cool September this year.
blahhh
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1097 posts
110 upvotes
Burlington
gizmo8 wrote:
willdacanucker wrote: For the love of all that is holy, PLEASE tell me cooler/dryer/cold weather is coming soon.

Be quiet you whining millennial.Hot weather is good to cleanse your soul of impuritites.More hot weather please.
Ah... a confused Gen-Xer! Hot weather isn't actually good for anything... we can sweat profusely without it, should we choose to... and we choose not to! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13214 posts
2561 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Accuweather says temps will be back to hist. avg by mid-september. After sept. 17 looks like... so 10 more days of this shizz.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20653 posts
4757 upvotes
Poormond Hill
BluePhirePB wrote: Come on rain ...
Surely you meant snow.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1097 posts
110 upvotes
Burlington
aznnorth wrote: Hot summers --> COLD Winter. Expect icy cold winter... allegedly waaay colder and more snow than prev. years.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/a ... -1.3745675
No problem with that, especially since for 3 of the past 4 winters, "winter" basically never came! Nearly no snow and a only few cold-but-sunny days... i.e. the perfect winter day! :D

In a perfect world we'd have snow on the ground from the day after the Grey Cup 'til the end of March. Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Actually there is a problem: that's the Farmer's Almanac's prediction... discussed earlier in this thread for the raging B.S. it is! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
20024 posts
2835 upvotes
Niagara Falls
CenturyBreak wrote:
aznnorth wrote: Hot summers --> COLD Winter. Expect icy cold winter... allegedly waaay colder and more snow than prev. years.
No problem with that, especially since for 3 of the past 4 winters, "winter" basically never came! Nearly no snow and a only few cold-but-sunny days... i.e. the perfect winter day! :D

In a perfect world we'd have snow on the ground from the day after the Grey Cup 'til the end of March. Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Actually there is a problem: that's the Farmer's Almanac's prediction... discussed earlier in this thread for the raging B.S. it is! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
What are you talking about? Last year was great, barely any winter, but the two before that were very cold. I'm really hoping for a repeat of last winter but I doubt we'll be that lucky.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20653 posts
4757 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Evil Baby wrote:
CenturyBreak wrote:

What are you talking about? Last year was great, barely any winter, but the two before that were very cold. I'm really hoping for a repeat of last winter but I doubt we'll be that lucky.
I hope this winter makes up for the last couple winters. More snow. Colder. Longer.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
20024 posts
2835 upvotes
Niagara Falls
sandikosh wrote:
Evil Baby wrote:
CenturyBreak wrote:

I hope this winter makes up for the last couple winters. More snow. Colder. Longer.
And I hope this super hot weather keeps up :) To each their own
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
4749 posts
1097 upvotes
Abbottabad
Why is weather such a big deal.

Y'all need to relax.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1097 posts
110 upvotes
Burlington
Evil Baby wrote:
CenturyBreak wrote:

That's why last winter was the sh!ts: the only nice part was a few cold-but-sunny days... the rest of it was miserable!

Not as miserable as this endless sh!thole of a summer, mind you, but still miserable. Smiling Face With Horns

The two preceding winters weren't cold at all... the winter of '13-'14 had the ice storm, but that was gone in a few days, and had a dump of snow Super Bowl weekend, but other than that, not much snow and not much cold. One day in Jan '14 with a high of -17 and two days in Feb '14 with overnight lows below -20... but the days that followed had minus-single-digit highs and were sunny!

The winter of '14-'15 was similar, but with negligible snow. 14 days in Jan & Feb '15 with highs of 0C or higher. We had a week in Feb '15 with 3 overnight lows below -20... but that's it: one week that was cold out of 3 months. One week does not a cold winter make. ;)
Last edited by CenturyBreak on Sep 7th, 2016 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)