Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1097 posts
110 upvotes
Burlington
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:Yes still like the last time I said this: 1 day AT seasonal, the rest SEVERAL degrees ABOVE seasonal!
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
willdacanucker wrote:
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Yes still like the last time I said this: 1 day AT seasonal, the rest SEVERAL degrees ABOVE seasonal!
Image
btw, this was about the 7 day forecast lol
Yeah, we know... we keep expecting you to finally bring us some good news for a change, and we keep getting disappointed! Disappointed Face

You'd think we would know better by now! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes Winking Face Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 7, 2007
20675 posts
4795 upvotes
Poormond Hill
CenturyBreak wrote:
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:Yes still like the last time I said this: 1 day AT seasonal, the rest SEVERAL degrees ABOVE seasonal!
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
btw, this was about the 7 day forecast lol
Yeah, we know... we keep expecting you to finally bring us some good news for a change, and we keep getting disappointed! Disappointed Face

You'd think we would know better by now! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes Winking Face Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I think it is time we get a new weatherman. Someone more in tune with us.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Ok. It is your job to train him to use the GFS model!
Or import one from Colombia and they will give you the forecast partly in Spanish.
Hay un systema de bajo presion en Alberta! Que suba la temperatura!

Dont worry I dont like it too hot either, so I am not too different!
Remember I am a Christmas addict!
blahhh
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1097 posts
110 upvotes
Burlington
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Ok. It is your job to train him to use the GFS model!
Or import one from Colombia and they will give you the forecast partly in Spanish.
Hay un systema de bajo presion en Alberta! Que suba la temperatura!

Dont worry I dont like it too hot either, so I am not too different!
Remember I am a Christmas addict!
Woohoo! :D

So... have you seen Christmas stuff show up at your local Can Tire or Costco yet? Fingers crossed! :D
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 19, 2005
2287 posts
783 upvotes
CenturyBreak wrote:
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Ok. It is your job to train him to use the GFS model!
Or import one from Colombia and they will give you the forecast partly in Spanish.
Hay un systema de bajo presion en Alberta! Que suba la temperatura!

Dont worry I dont like it too hot either, so I am not too different!
Remember I am a Christmas addict!
Woohoo! :D

So... have you seen Christmas stuff show up at your local Can Tire or Costco yet? Fingers crossed! :D
I can confirm that Canadian Tire(Yonge/Steeles) started putting up their Christmas lights on the shelves back in August! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. -Wayne Gretzky"
- Michael Scott
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1097 posts
110 upvotes
Burlington
Zephyr22b wrote:
CenturyBreak wrote:
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Ok. It is your job to train him to use the GFS model!
Or import one from Colombia and they will give you the forecast partly in Spanish.
Hay un systema de bajo presion en Alberta! Que suba la temperatura!

Dont worry I dont like it too hot either, so I am not too different!
Remember I am a Christmas addict!
Woohoo! :D

So... have you seen Christmas stuff show up at your local Can Tire or Costco yet? Fingers crossed! :D
I can confirm that Canadian Tire(Yonge/Steeles) started putting up their Christmas lights on the shelves back in August! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Holy Crap! I'm clearly living in the wrong part of the GTA... they don't get shelved here 'til just after Halloween... and that's for the two humongous Can Tires here in Burlington... Disappointed But Relieved Face
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
CenturyBreak wrote:
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Ok. It is your job to train him to use the GFS model!
Or import one from Colombia and they will give you the forecast partly in Spanish.
Hay un systema de bajo presion en Alberta! Que suba la temperatura!

Dont worry I dont like it too hot either, so I am not too different!
Remember I am a Christmas addict!
Woohoo! :D

So... have you seen Christmas stuff show up at your local Can Tire or Costco yet? Fingers crossed! :D
No. But it is well known that Cosco has Christmas start in August since the start of time.

But, I saw Christmas stuff in Dollarama in AUGUST this year!!
It was not even reaching end of August and Dollarama had it already. Anyone else noticed?
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Zephyr22b wrote:
CenturyBreak wrote:
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Ok. It is your job to train him to use the GFS model!
Or import one from Colombia and they will give you the forecast partly in Spanish.
Hay un systema de bajo presion en Alberta! Que suba la temperatura!

Dont worry I dont like it too hot either, so I am not too different!
Remember I am a Christmas addict!
Woohoo! :D

So... have you seen Christmas stuff show up at your local Can Tire or Costco yet? Fingers crossed! :D
I can confirm that Canadian Tire(Yonge/Steeles) started putting up their Christmas lights on the shelves back in August! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
I can confirm that Dollarama and Canadian tire are 2 stores that start in August, now same time as the original costco. I saw end of August also, but this was in Canadian tire in Vaughan last month. Go there now and you will see even MOAR there now!!
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Ok, am I hallucinating or was that The Bay Christmas section I just saw COMPLETELY SET UP on the main underground pedestrian thoroughfare beside the subway station on Queen and Yonge?????

Prepared and set up so much, like as if the Christmas place has already been worked on already for days? Doesnt that mean that it is earlier than last year by like A MONTH????

Anyone else been there also and saw what I saw? Or maybe it was just a dream :rolleyes:

This is the kind of hard core Christmas stuff that you used to only be able to find during the official Canadian Christmas season and just before its beginning because it is right in everybodies face because you literally HAVE to walk by it if you want to leave Queen subway station. Same with Lowes being so visible. Now it has all turned into September material! Christmas is officially FOUR MONTHS LONG in Canada!
blahhh
Sr. Member
Oct 16, 2008
918 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
People at work keep saying that it will be a really bad winter this year - where are they all getting this from!?

OP, what are your predictions this winter?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8549 upvotes
GTHA
Pho6 wrote: People at work keep saying that it will be a really bad winter this year - where are they all getting this from!?
I posted the following earlier in this thread...

Canadian Farmer's Almanac predicts icy cold, snowy winter
Almanac's editor says predictions are 80-85 per cent accurate
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/a ... -1.3745675
Sr. Member
Oct 16, 2008
918 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
tk1000 wrote:
Pho6 wrote: People at work keep saying that it will be a really bad winter this year - where are they all getting this from!?
I posted the following earlier in this thread...

Canadian Farmer's Almanac predicts icy cold, snowy winter
Almanac's editor says predictions are 80-85 per cent accurate
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/a ... -1.3745675
Ohh that's where they're getting this all from... 80-85% accurate wow!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Not sure if I can still trust it though. I rather someone that is NOT from the company itself make claims about their accuracy.

But I hope they are right. I want snow in November!

Looks like the dip starts this weekend. Temps begin to sink below the 20s for daytime highs starting then. I am still really pissed off about the GFS model!
Ever since they took it down I did not have a useful way of viewing the trends for the next 16 days. Now I rely on a crappy version of it! Angry Face
blahhh

Top