Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14756 posts
2741 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: worse ??????????
I think you mean better. I dont want that snow glad it did not reach here.
Don't like 20 degrees in fall?
Ok. One polar vortex. -30 coming right up!
No please.

I like my Cali like weather. Summer tires still on.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20675 posts
4795 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Don't forget the snow!!!!
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1097 posts
110 upvotes
Burlington
No: worse. Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Of course I don't like 20C in autumn... I'm lookin' for autumn weather to enjoy! :D :D :D

Get with the programme, son! ;) Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
weedb0y wrote:
No please.

I like my Cali like weather. Summer tires still on.
Cali?
ok.
Cali is great yes because it is hot year round, but I prefer a little less hot. Pick a city just to the north of it like Pereira and you get perfect weather not hot nor cold just right. Bogota is nice too ;)
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
sandikosh wrote:
Don't forget the snow!!!!
Ok and a foot of that!
CenturyBreak wrote:
No: worse. Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Of course I don't like 20C in autumn... I'm lookin' for autumn weather to enjoy! :D :D :D

Get with the programme, son! ;) Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Lol ok. Well tomorrow is STILL forecast to be 20 woohoo!!!
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Im here in the HAMMER now. We did not even discuss Niagara falls yet. I hope they dont cancel this on me! Weather is gonna be great!

Bus driver was soooooo rude when I wanted to go back on the bus to make sure I did not forget anything. But what was cool was that they had change on the Go bus. I had only 20 dollar bill and they had a machine for change. I was lucky!

WIFI is excelent at the HAMMER house here though. So Niagara or not, I will be releasing my winter forecast from the western golden horseshoe but best if it is right at Niagara falls! Stay tuned for this! I will gather my final data and post by tomorrow whatever long range climate data interpretation I can get from whatever point in western Ontario I will be tomorrow be it Niagara or HAMMER! That good Wifi ensures I will upload a video tomorrow I make of me doing this here.

Bus was EMPTY today going to HAMMER. How do these buses get funded if there is hardly anyone on it???

EDIT: Good morning! to those that don't want a 20 degree October day. Fine, I will give you a 20 degree October day plus TWO more in November!
Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
The room here in the HAMMER was too hot last night I had to turn on my potable fan. Why? Because it is so warm last night!!!!!! And I don't know how to open the window so I was hot! In the end of October!
The low pressure system drifted north and is now dragging really warm weather into the area. Its gonna be quite the warm day today! It was a bit cool out when I walked from the bus station to the house last night but the temp already rose during the night and it got warm outside.

I will be out doing an on-the-spot-recording of a weather report in Niagara falls wearing my summer cloths doing my weather report for November!! I can't wait to post this today! Because the news I will have will be awesome! Except for you sandikosh and CenturyBreak you will both melt when you see this forecast!

This weather is so unusual. We will be back to super warm again on Tuesday and Wednesday! Gotta love global waming.
blahhh
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1097 posts
110 upvotes
Burlington
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: The room here in the HAMMER was too hot last night I had to turn on my potable fan. Why? Because it is so warm last night!!!!!! And I don't know how to open the window so I was hot! In the end of October!
The low pressure system drifted north and is now dragging really warm weather into the area. Its gonna be quite the warm day today! It was a bit cool out when I walked from the bus station to the house last night but the temp already rose during the night and it got warm outside.

I will be out doing an on-the-spot-recording of a weather report in Niagara falls wearing my summer cloths doing my weather report for November!! I can't wait to post this today! Because the news I will have will be awesome! Except for you sandikosh and CenturyBreak you will both melt when you see this forecast!

This weather is so unusual. We will be back to super warm again on Tuesday and Wednesday! Gotta love global waming.
Help me! I'm melllllllllllltiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg!!! Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

Just kidding... we'll survive... until it starts warming up for real in March... or April... ;)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
CenturyBreak wrote: Help me! I'm melllllllllllltiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg!!! Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

Just kidding... we'll survive... until it starts warming up for real in March... or April... ;)
February :twisted:
Bring on Global waming.

We are about to head out to Niagara falls and I have my phone charged up and memory card space opened up and ready for my shoot.
Don't shoot the messenger though.....

Anybody else plan to enjoy the great warm Saturday weekend conditions?
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Here I am earlier, much earlier than expect. I have made my special weather thread Niagara falls weather report video.

I happened to find myself accompanied by a seagull who listened to me doing my weather report. This was my first ever time going to Niagara falls.

Here it is!

It felt so damn warm today so I called this my global waming seagull weather report!

The warm spell discussed in the video could bring temps above 20. We will keep monitoring for further developments.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
LoveRFD wrote: OP, do you agree with TWN on this?
My current model continues to show warmth in the middle of November and continuing a bit after (when the CFS model period ends) although I am afraid that i t appears less warm than before. But nothing like that cold shown, yet. Can't say with much certainty yet about the complete story till end of Nov, need to see how this develops in November.

But I want to release my own winter report within this week.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
My winter forecast is now out!
Carefully prepared by the best weather prediction trio in Canada! - me, myself, and I!
To sum it up, it is not looking overly cold like others have said, as I see a tendency more towards average and above for temperatures here in Toronto. And I have particularly strong confidence on a not so cold winter compared to normal in the prairies.

I filmed this thing in front of Eaton Centre and Nordcrap.

On a off topic note, boy is the reference library's wifi better now than I remember before. It's not slow anymore! Vid uploaded in seconds!
blahhh
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8549 upvotes
GTHA
Winter weather will engulf Toronto within two weeks
http://www.blogto.com/city/2016/11/wint ... two_weeks/
"While we expect temperatures to drop during November, there are signs that the decline will be more profound than usual for parts of the Prairies, Ontario and Quebec. During mid to late November, we expect a pattern change which will bring several rounds of below seasonal temperatures to this region," reports the Weather Network.

According to the Weather Network, temperatures will start to plunge some time between November 10 and 17.

And when it gets colder, we might be in for some snowy weather because, "When arctic air does arrive, the contrast in temperature between the lakes and the air crossing the lakes will be greater than what we typically see, and this will help to enhance the threat for substantial lake effect snow squalls in the traditional snow belt areas."