Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41266 posts
6435 upvotes
More rain here and the driveway is frozen again with ice, despite clearing it yesterday
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
djemzine wrote: More rain here and the driveway is frozen again with ice, despite clearing it yesterday
Just light rain here in north york.
Hmmmmm. Maybe sandikosh is having an impact on your temperature for sharing poormond hill with you and may have even invited Jack frost over for dinner.
gomyone wrote: So much for the great ice storm of 2017 - the ice melted pretty quickly as the OP suggested and all it did was rain all day. No reason whatsoever for paranoia despite what the mainstream weather forecasters were trying to promote. Good job OP with your straightforward/no drama and RIGHT forecasts!
Thank you!
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41266 posts
6435 upvotes
How does the weekend look, particularly Saturday?
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
djemzine wrote: How does the weekend look, particularly Saturday?
Looks quite uniform all weekend. The very mild conditions hold and a few passing showers in some areas is all we will get on both days. Saturday looks to be the drier of the 2 days but any rain that does fall on either of these 2 days will be very light.
You are lucky that your chosen day, Saturday looks to be the better of the 2 as drizzle looks a bit more isolated then.
Considering it is mid winter, this weekend weather looks excellent for outdoor activities and hardly the gloomy stuff as depicted in Environment Canada's drizzly forecast for the whole weekend.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
MrPsv1 wrote: any snow incoming?
We are still not done with the warm spell. It will gradually cool down as we move later in the month. Maybe by end of the month, a clipper will drop by, but snow we get from it will be so little it may very well just melt from whatever winter sunshine follows.

And then there is the long range. My models all show a continuation of at least normal to above normal conditions. This mildness goes into February. The chances of my mild winter forecast failing are getting slimmer by the day, despite contradicting what everyone else said in their forecasts.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21168 posts
10617 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
So what's the deal gonna be with February? Above normal temps? Normal? What about snowfall?
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
nasa25 wrote: So what's the deal gonna be with February? Above normal temps? Normal? What about snowfall?
Snowfall is hard to predict more than a couple weeks in advance.

Temps next month look to average more normal than January did this so far. So about normal. But too much above normal, but nothing below normal either.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21168 posts
10617 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Snowfall is hard to predict more than a couple weeks in advance.

Temps next month look to average more normal than January did this so far. So about normal. But too much above normal, but nothing below normal either.
Thanks
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Apr 20, 2015
336 posts
63 upvotes
Bolton, ON
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: We are still not done with the warm spell. It will gradually cool down as we move later in the month. Maybe by end of the month, a clipper will drop by, but snow we get from it will be so little it may very well just melt from whatever winter sunshine follows.

And then there is the long range. My models all show a continuation of at least normal to above normal conditions. This mildness goes into February. The chances of my mild winter forecast failing are getting slimmer by the day, despite contradicting what everyone else said in their forecasts.
thanks
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41266 posts
6435 upvotes
Any snow or flurries this week?
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
djemzine wrote: Any snow or flurries this week?
Flurries at the most. They will be scattered, and limited in intensity. Chance of scattered flurries exists for the whole upcoming 7 day period. Only snowbelts off Lake Huron/Georgian Bay will see shovelable amounts.
snow00774 wrote: Thanks OP!
You.....
MrPsv1 wrote: thanks
.....are....
nasa25 wrote: Thanks
....welcome!
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41266 posts
6435 upvotes
Had to bump the weather thread - sorry. Something to ease from the political news lately.

Cold day today - feels like - 11 Deg C. OP seems like we are getting 5cm of snow on Tuesday? Thoughts?
Proud to be an Indian.