Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41266 posts
6435 upvotes
It's gonna be warm this weekend, I heard :)
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 19, 2005
16000 posts
663 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
I am really hoping this weeknd gets to or close to double digit temps!
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
10019 posts
1494 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Naturally, it wouldn't.

But given the way they operate, you will still get to go.
They use snow guns during the colder night hours, even when days are all above freezing. It will be cold enough there for its maintenance, yet mild enough that outside the premises, snow could be disappearing rather fast.

@speedyforme you don't need it that cold. It will be cold enough that you can still ski, yet not cold enough to feel the wrath of winter. It is actually quite good.
But will the snow be slushy or melt fast?

I guess I should head up to the slopes early to take advantage of the good snow first.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
speedyforme wrote: But will the snow be slushy or melt fast?

I guess I should head up to the slopes early to take advantage of the good snow first.
Well this will be a pretty warm weekend, so it will be "spring skiing" conditions. Snow will not melt away on you, but will be wet for sure, not dry.
djemzine wrote: It's gonna be warm this weekend, I heard :)
Yeah perfect timing. Total coincidence. Saturday and Sunday!

I can now categorically state that the whole rest of Feb will be a warm one. There goes winter!
blahhh
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10024 posts
2632 upvotes
getting readings as high as 16 degrees right now in the greater Edmonton area, environment canada has us at 14 degrees.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
rocking23nf wrote: getting readings as high as 16 degrees right now in the greater Edmonton area, environment canada has us at 14 degrees.
We certainly won't get it as good as you, especially considering our average highs vs yours.

The good thing is that the warmth we are getting is going to last a while.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
6759 posts
1248 upvotes
Scarborough
waiting for the warmth......today and tomorrow is cold.......
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
apnayloags wrote: waiting for the warmth......today and tomorrow is cold.......
Lol. Tomorrow is above normal still.

It is just that this winter has been so warm, even slightly above normal temps seem cold. I wonder if this is becoming the new norm!
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20652 posts
4753 upvotes
Poormond Hill
For this hell of a winter I hope we get a very cool summer!
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8548 upvotes
GTHA
According to Global News, today was the warmest February 18 on record. The mercury hit 12 C shortly after noon, breaking the previous record of 10.8 C hit back in 2011.
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
16000 posts
663 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Enjoyed the warm weather today! Hope it continues!
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Yes. Plenty of warmth to come. It won't stop until next weekend. Then normal temps. March looks like just normal for now.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18970 posts
1985 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Yes. Plenty of warmth to come. It won't stop until next weekend. Then normal temps. March looks like just normal for now.

What's normal.msrch westher? Snow fall or just may be single digits? March 2016 is too distant. I can't even remember what I had for breakfast today.

Already seeing people take out their summer rides if only for a short period. Nice to see though instead of cars with salt stains all over it.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Supercooled wrote: What's normal.msrch westher? Snow fall or just may be single digits? March 2016 is too distant. I can't even remember what I had for breakfast today.

Already seeing people take out their summer rides if only for a short period. Nice to see though instead of cars with salt stains all over it.
Normal March weather in Toronto starts off just above freezing and frequent rain events. Also maybe at some point, a bit of snow that melts in a day or so. All this is just what seems to be on the way. We got to wait and see a bit though to get a clearer idea of what trend will dominate in March.
blahhh

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)