Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
4089 posts
797 upvotes
Scarborough
Weather is ridiculous for February in Canada. Holy sht...it's like 20 C here my god. I'm a bit worried to be honest whatever this means.
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
16001 posts
664 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Nothing lasts forever, enjoy it while it lasts!
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3884 posts
802 upvotes
Mississauga
OP, do you see any more cold coming our way in early March?

I see the temperature forecast seems to be on a downward trend in early March.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
2020 posts
343 upvotes
man weren't they saying this year was supposed to be the coldest yet with tons of snow?
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
cns187 wrote: man weren't they saying this year was supposed to be the coldest yet with tons of snow?
They ALL said something like that.

Except me. I called a warm winter and now I confirm I was right.

@ wing0 cold is coming to the west but the east like Toronto stays mild mostly.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I think you better keep them on since even during an overall warm regime, winter conditions can mix in any time, even if it is a short lived bout of winter weather.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
1587 posts
563 upvotes
Toronto
Any predictions on how the spring or summer is going to shape up? If it's this warm for winter does that mean it's going to be extreme heat in the summer?

I'm absolutely enjoying the mild temperatures but I kind of worry because this is a pretty atypical winter and I feel like for a region that normally experiences a full 4 seasons, this constant warming trend is a little concerning.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
gqbluez wrote: Any predictions on how the spring or summer is going to shape up? If it's this warm for winter does that mean it's going to be extreme heat in the summer?

I'm absolutely enjoying the mild temperatures but I kind of worry because this is a pretty atypical winter and I feel like for a region that normally experiences a full 4 seasons, this constant warming trend is a little concerning.
Hard to say regarding spring or summer now so no seasonal forecast for that yet. But given the trends of most recent years and the ice free great lakes, it looks like warm is more likely. We must wait and see for more certainty.
blahhh
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1097 posts
110 upvotes
Burlington
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Hard to say regarding spring or summer now so no seasonal forecast for that yet. But given the trends of most recent years and the ice free great lakes, it looks like warm is more likely.
Screw that!

We need a pleasant, comfortable (read: cooler than normal... for a change) summer to offset the sh!tty winter we just had: three measly weeks of winter rather than three months! Smiling Face With Horns Angry Face
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
CenturyBreak wrote: Screw that!

We need a pleasant, comfortable (read: cooler than normal... for a change) summer to offset the sh!tty winter we just had: three measly weeks of winter rather than three months! Smiling Face With Horns Angry Face
Ok. Dont worry. I will send 8 gallons of free ice caps ASAP.

EDIT: Hold on, that wasn't sandikosh!
OOPS! I sent ice caps to the wrong person. What if he throws them out :cry:

:lol:
blahhh
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1097 posts
110 upvotes
Burlington
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Ok. Dont worry. I will send 8 gallons of free ice caps ASAP.

EDIT: Hold on, that wasn't sandikosh!
OOPS! I sent ice caps to the wrong person. What if he throws them out :cry:
:lol:
Don't worry... I'll give 'em to other folks who like dessert masquerading as "coffee"... ;) Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
tk1000 wrote: After coming short of breaking a February temperature record yesterday, there's now a good chance that today might hold that distinction. Forecasters are calling for a high of 16 C today, which would beat the previous high of 15.5 C set just last year.

http://www.blogto.com/city/2017/02/toro ... re-record/

And now ANOTHER one is coming first day of March!
16 with showers for this one too. Strange how similar it is.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
CenturyBreak wrote: Don't worry... I'll give 'em to other folks who like dessert masquerading as "coffee"... ;) Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Freezem.
Return to sender. Make the shipping date March 4. It will be -3 so they stay frozen. Then I eat them.

Yum

Btw, I am coming from Barrie this weekend and moving back to Tdot. I dont know where in Toronto I am moving. Not same area as before.
ihatejaneandfinch
I hope close to High park. When does cherry blossom start. Anyone know?
blahhh