Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

Sep 27, 2003
10208 posts
2753 upvotes
Newmarket
OP I'd recommend toning down the self righteous, narcissistic tone in your posts. You're a great asset and it seems you know what you're taking about, but here's certainly no reason to gloat about it.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4878 posts
457 upvotes
gave up on rfd for g…
WorldIRC wrote: OP I'd recommend toning down the self righteous, narcissistic tone in your posts. You're a great asset and it seems you know what you're taking about, but here's certainly no reason to gloat about it.
Really? On RFD, a person who bothers to continue to post given the amount of vitriol against him. Um. OP, why not go somewhere else if the moderators are even going to rip into you.
Left rfd
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5597 posts
2787 upvotes
Mississauga
We got probably 15cm in my area of Mississauga mostly due to the lake streamer that settled in. But where I work near 401/Mississauga Road we didn't get much. Just shows how localized a lot of this snow is.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9136 posts
2088 upvotes
Trump Uni Dropout
pics?

all of the live public web cams show nothing
You only live twice ǝɔᴉʍʇ 😎
Oct 16, 2007
775 posts
27 upvotes
So that's it for this winter? Can I store my snowblower, shovel and salt until next November? :)
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2005
1374 posts
294 upvotes
I'm on flight (about to take off out of Calgary) into Toronto arriving around noon. Air Canada doesnt seem too worried about the "storm"
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
lol....
This video is about the failure of TWN, EC I MYSELF PREDICTED!

I was about as certain about my forecast as I was certain that Toronto would still be part of Canada when I woke up.
Last edited by Ilovejaneandfinch on Mar 14th, 2017 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Bamelin wrote: I'm on flight (about to take off out of Calgary) into Toronto arriving around noon. Air Canada doesnt seem too worried about the "storm"
Because the 'storm' never came at all! Lol
blahhh
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
2952 posts
461 upvotes
Pickering
Nothing new, major news outlets hyping up another storm is becoming the norm these days, all for ratings. OP, call them on it, I'm sure they'll ignore you ;).
Wise men speak because they have something to say, Fools because they have to say something.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4836 posts
463 upvotes
Toronto
Friend in NYC saying the City is called to shut down most part of the town today... saying it's the biggest storm since 1993.
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
night blade wrote: Nothing new, major news outlets hyping up another storm is becoming the norm these days, all for ratings. OP, call them on it, I'm sure they'll ignore you ;).
Im marching to the news (but not weather of course) outlets to share this and hopefully make an appearance on the news. SIX weather events this year, 0 predicted right by the mainstream ones, 6 predicted right by me. Not to mention the winter forecast where also mine was the only valid one. Im gonna be on TV!
blahhh
Sep 27, 2003
10208 posts
2753 upvotes
Newmarket
mkjr wrote: Really? On RFD, a person who bothers to continue to post given the amount of vitriol against him. Um. OP, why not go somewhere else if the moderators are even going to rip into you.
Well you sure escalated that quickly. I was not speaking "as a mod". He has broken no rules and can continue to post the way he does if he so wishes. But if he expects to to gain the respect of the greater weather community, than the "nah nah nah boo boo I told you so approach" is likely not the right approach to take.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
19997 posts
2821 upvotes
Niagara Falls
niagara Region got a snow day. Woot Woot
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21168 posts
10617 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
We're probably up to 20 in Burlington. Maybe 25. I've lost count. It's a shitload.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao