Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
12646 posts
7889 upvotes
Really hating this weather right now. It's always extreme one side or the other. Have not been handling the humidity too well. Got some swelling and had a massive leg cramp last night.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
omg feels like Davao here now...
Actually worse. They get like 31, 32, we are getting 33.

Has Toronto ever been like this in autumn before?
Meanwhile Sydney too is under 'unprecedented' heat and they are just getting out of their winter. Global warming I guess.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
So now guess what? Models are now showing a total return to warmth. The cold spell earlier forecasted now looks brief, before we return to the warm yet again!

If the pattern holds as I am seeing now in the GFS model, expect a return to overall warm and even more muggy 20s next month, much like what this past work week was like.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
631 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: So now guess what? Models are now showing a total return to warmth. The cold spell earlier forecasted now looks brief, before we return to the warm yet again!

If the pattern holds as I am seeing now in the GFS model, expect a return to overall warm and even more muggy 20s next month, much like what this past work week was like.
NO!!!!!!!!!!
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19071 posts
2028 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
There must be a lot of fires lately. The air has a stench of chardness. Smells like fires broke out around the city and its permeating the air.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Supercooled wrote: There must be a lot of fires lately. The air has a stench of chardness. Smells like fires broke out around the city and its permeating the air.
Maybe came from AMC building. Look at thread.

I walked to and from No Frills just now. Only 1 word to describe it: horrible. I roasted my way there and back. Worst I felt all year!
You know what it feels like to stand in front of an open over, or too close and long in front of a reflective heater? That is how it felt walking down Sheppard ave just now. With how hot it is combined with no shade, that is what it felt like. I swear, when I used to walk to SM for groceries I did not even feel it like that. What's going on here!
blahhh
Deal Addict
May 6, 2010
2848 posts
275 upvotes
Markham
Thank you to all the fossil fuel users! Really love the warm September and October.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2611 posts
186 upvotes
It supposedly feels like 38 degrees. I'm okay with a warm temperature but this is hot for fall.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20681 posts
4819 upvotes
Poormond Hill
I hope winter this year is brutal to make up for this heat.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Banned
Aug 2, 2017
1219 posts
121 upvotes
Logtown
dec12 wrote: Thank you to all the fossil fuel users! Really love the warm September and October.
And the space aliens.

Smoking hot 11 degrees here in my neighborhood.
Apr 3, 2005
337 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
YES! Give me more....HEAT WAVES.
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: So now guess what? Models are now showing a total return to warmth. The cold spell earlier forecasted now looks brief, before we return to the warm yet again!

Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9556 posts
4128 upvotes
Toronto

So nice weather next weekend???
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5674 posts
898 upvotes
Toronto
october is also warm? as long as it doesnt go up 23
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9556 posts
4128 upvotes
Toronto

So nice weather next weekend???
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is