Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9544 posts
4124 upvotes
Toronto
CenturyBreak wrote: Oh, there's a LOT wrong with that. I'll give you one example that's been driving me nuts the past few days: mosquitoes in October! Insanity!!! Smiling Face With Horns

Oh... and another: needing to use central a/c in October! Further insanity!!! Disappointed But Relieved Face

Hmmm mosquitoes..

No AC turned on yet for me. Hahahha
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13231 posts
2578 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Good. So Canada Goose will lose money this year.... :twisted:
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
divx wrote: why? people wear them in doors too
I don't understand people who where winter jackets IN the bus.
The are designed to be used in sub zero temperatures. When you wear them in the hot stuffy bus, and go outside in the freezing cold without any new layers, you will just feel cold, and maybe damp from sweating, which only makes it worse.

Feels like Davos outside a lot lately :rolleyes:
blahhh
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
34482 posts
4033 upvotes
Winnipeg
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: I don't understand people who where winter jackets IN the bus.
The are designed to be used in sub zero temperatures. When you wear them in the hot stuffy bus, and go outside in the freezing cold without any new layers, you will just feel cold, and maybe damp from sweating, which only makes it worse.

Feels like Davos outside a lot lately :rolleyes:
what's going on in Davos?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
divx wrote: what's going on in Davos?
The weather! It is always hot there. So that is why I am saying it is like Davos here in Toronto lol
blahhh
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1555 posts
440 upvotes
Mississauga
Hey op are we going to get any heavy rain here in the GTA from the system of hurricane NATE in the next few days?
"With today's sheep mentality sometimes I feel like going to a wall and just bang my head"
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5798 posts
2928 upvotes
Mississauga
EC is saying the remnants of Nate will pass just south of the Great Lakes but that northern shores of Lakes Erie and Ontario will get some good rains tonight and tomorrow morning. 20-40 mm possible.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
34482 posts
4033 upvotes
Winnipeg
mrweather wrote: EC is saying the remnants of Nate will pass just south of the Great Lakes but that northern shores of Lakes Erie and Ontario will get some good rains tonight and tomorrow morning. 20-40 mm possible.
you telling me nate is coming up to canada?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5798 posts
2928 upvotes
Mississauga
divx wrote: you telling me nate is coming up to canada?
What's left of Nate will be passing to the south of Southern Ontario. Some rain bands will make their way here overnight and into tomorrow morning.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
tommyamaral wrote: Hey op are we going to get any heavy rain here in the GTA from the system of hurricane NATE in the next few days?
Sorry for my absence. Yes we are getting it. Thank god it will be gone in time for my meeting today at 5 pm!
blahhh
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
355 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Sorry for my absence. Yes we are getting it. Thank god it will be gone in time for my meeting today at 5 pm!
How will the weather be like over the weekend? Lots of rain according TWN? hope it is wrong.