Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

Jan 11, 2012
175 posts
15 upvotes
Richmond Hill
sandikosh wrote: I think it's about time we got some true winter weather. These mild temperatures makes it feel like spring is around the corner.
Year round spring sounds good to me ;)
Oct 9, 2017
160 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: The CFS model is showing mild conditions in January. I will have to wait and see. If what the CFS model says holds in place, then I will keep the update. If that warm disappears, I will have to update the forecast.
Oh my gosh, thanks for the update! Hopefully, the warmth holds on for a January thaw. Great to see you back, jane&finch!

We are getting snow on Christmas eve in the GTA about 15cm now they are saying. I guess it's magical to have snow on X-Mas eve and morning but I just hate it because I hate snow, lol. It will be nice for everything to melt on the 26th. lol..
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
OntarioRocks wrote: Oh my gosh, thanks for the update! Hopefully, the warmth holds on for a January thaw. Great to see you back, jane&finch!

We are getting snow on Christmas eve in the GTA about 15cm now they are saying. I guess it's magical to have snow on X-Mas eve and morning but I just hate it because I hate snow, lol. It will be nice for everything to melt on the 26th. lol..
Thank you.

We could actually end up really lucky if it happens this way. To get set up for a white Christmas then end up warm as we head into winter. Not bad. Usually we don't get this lucky and instead get no white Christmas, but freezing cold in winter. I hope what I talked about happens this time.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20635 posts
4730 upvotes
Poormond Hill
This is unbelievable! We're getting a White Christmas this year!!!!!
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5661 posts
894 upvotes
Toronto
sandikosh wrote: This is unbelievable! We're getting a White Christmas this year!!!!!
We still have a day before all the snow melts.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
629 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
sandikosh wrote: I think it's about time we got some true winter weather. These mild temperatures makes it feel like spring is around the corner.
Not only that, the frigid frozen weather kills off a LOT of pests. That has not happened in the GTA for a few years now. I was stung 3 bloody times this year by yellow jackets. Aggressive yellow jackets en masse everywhere.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1549 posts
439 upvotes
Mississauga
baresi wrote: The GTA forecast by 3 other places I check all say from 26th for 12 days nothing above -8!? That would be colder than the polar vortex of few years ago. I really hope a mild January does arrive after
Good news for my ice rink. Bring on the cold.
"With today's sheep mentality sometimes I feel like going to a wall and just bang my head"
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20635 posts
4730 upvotes
Poormond Hill
daivey wrote: 20 cms today? wow
20? Things are getting better!!!
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
3981 upvotes
Toronto
sandikosh wrote: 20? Things are getting better!!!
weather network calling for big storm today.. i was playing with their weather map and seems clouds will hut us around 5pm today..

apparently the storm tapers off around mid night./.. so 20 cms in 6 hours... so it seems.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2012
2786 posts
650 upvotes
Toronto
Snowfall warning in effect for:

City of Toronto
Snowfall, with total amounts of 15 to 20 cm is expected.

For those dreaming of a white Christmas, you will get your wish. A Texas low is gathering strength this morning and will race towards us later today. It will transport snow into the Greater Toronto Area late this afternoon. The snow will become heavy at times this evening, enhanced by a heavy snow band off of Lake Ontario. Visibility is expected to be limited making travel challenging. Snowfall totals of 15 to 20 centimetres are expected by the time it tapers off overnight. Cold brisk winds on Christmas Day will likely create some local blowing snow as well. Travelers are encouraged to adjust their plans if possible.
Oct 9, 2017
160 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
Grocery stores were zoos today, everyone is shopping before the big storm. Ugh, I am so pissed at this Christmas. I hate shoveling snow now. Over it.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
3981 upvotes
Toronto
OntarioRocks wrote: Grocery stores were zoos today, everyone is shopping before the big storm. Ugh, I am so pissed at this Christmas. I hate shoveling snow now. Over it.
lol. groceries stores are always a zoo on christmas eve.
Oct 9, 2017
160 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
daivey wrote: lol. groceries stores are always a zoo on christmas eve.
Of course but it was particuarly awful today because everyone wants to avoid the storm as well + Christmas Eve.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)