Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 9, 2012
3242 posts
1934 upvotes
Kitchener
DelusionalDiva wrote: Yes, get your vitamins cuz ...Winter Forecast
You know, I remember reading one Farmers Almanac for the 2016/2017 winter, supposed to be real nasty and cold. Ended up with a really warm winter.

Well, one thing we do know - we will have biting cold whether, we'll get snow storms, and could be below or above average. I guess either way, they have a 33% chance of getting it close.
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?
Member
Oct 24, 2009
387 posts
85 upvotes
jeff1970 wrote: You know, I remember reading one Farmers Almanac for the 2016/2017 winter, supposed to be real nasty and cold. Ended up with a really warm winter.

Well, one thing we do know - we will have biting cold whether, we'll get snow storms, and could be below or above average. I guess either way, they have a 33% chance of getting it close.
So either way, we'll have some semblance of winter weather around Dec-Mar timeframe. :D
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 9, 2012
3242 posts
1934 upvotes
Kitchener
DelusionalDiva wrote: So either way, we'll have some semblance of winter weather around Dec-Mar timeframe. :D
That's pretty much the way it'll be....and perhaps late November and early April. Even with the oppressive heat that we have had, not looking forward to the winter.
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 12, 2006
2152 posts
440 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Sorry but I will take warm weather over winter any day. Brutal cold is painful, stiffens your joints and is painful to the core. Never mind the fact that so much as a single flake of snow, and people don't know how to drive. I love when I get out of work and my car is boiling hot, it defrosts me from the freezing office that could double as a meat locker. If you have a side of beef to store, you could hang it from the ceiling in my office. Its summer enjoy the little bit of it while it lasts.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
630 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Something dawned on me today WWWWWWAAAAYYYYYYY to late and now I am deeply regretting not going out more over the summer. As I stood there in the blistering sun sweating profusely from the hella humidity, it actually felt GREAT given the context of a possibility of 15 degrees high on Sunday. I realize that the bone chilling, biting cold is soon to be upon us. Fall is nice, but what's after is not so much. Sigh........tired of regrets.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Member
Oct 24, 2009
387 posts
85 upvotes
willdacanucker wrote: Something dawned on me today WWWWWWAAAAYYYYYYY to late and now I am deeply regretting not going out more over the summer. As I stood there in the blistering sun sweating profusely from the hella humidity, it actually felt GREAT given the context of a possibility of 15 degrees high on Sunday. I realize that the bone chilling, biting cold is soon to be upon us. Fall is nice, but what's after is not so much. Sigh........tired of regrets.
Tsk, I had been dropping these 'pearls of wisdom' all summer to enjoy the weather before it's over. Just looking at Sat-Sun weather is making me feel depressed. Imagine, no leaves on trees, no flowers, no long hours of sunshine, no birds chirping early in the morning, no warm breeze, no bbq's etc Crying Face (have I painted a dreary enough pic yet?!).
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1946 posts
549 upvotes
Toronto
I'm looking forward to Sunday after today. Probably one of the worse days this year. I was drenched in sweat this morning even after walking in a ravine for a lot of the time. It wasn't even worth putting make-up on today.

You don't have to have a preference for either cold or hot. I don't like both and am looking forward to the cooler weather and just hope this is the last really hot day this summer.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
630 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
DelusionalDiva wrote: Tsk, I had been dropping these 'pearls of wisdom' all summer to enjoy the weather before it's over. Just looking at Sat-Sun weather is making me feel depressed. Imagine, no leaves on trees, no flowers, no long hours of sunshine, no birds chirping early in the morning, no warm breeze, no bbq's etc Crying Face (have I painted a dreary enough pic yet?!).
Disappointed But Relieved Face Duly noted maam.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1097 posts
110 upvotes
Burlington
DelusionalDiva wrote: Tsk, I had been dropping these 'pearls of wisdom' all summer to enjoy the weather before it's over. Just looking at Sat-Sun weather is making me feel depressed. Imagine, no leaves on trees, no flowers, no long hours of sunshine, no birds chirping early in the morning, no warm breeze, no bbq's etc Crying Face (have I painted a dreary enough pic yet?!).
True... we have had a few days to enjoy this summer, but they're rare. You know... the ones with highs hovering around 20! :D

This weekend was looking to be a dream with comfortable temps... but now it looks like the remnants of Gordon will be hitting Southern Ontario hard starting mid-Sunday. Smiling Face With Horns Hopefully the track shifts a bit... fingers crossed...
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 7, 2007
20653 posts
4757 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Got up this morning and open the door and what Revelation! The breeze hit me like a bullet shot from a gun and that was beautiful. Haven't felt such wonderful weather in ages! It's only going to get better from now on!!!!
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Member
Oct 24, 2009
387 posts
85 upvotes
CenturyBreak wrote: True... we have had a few days to enjoy this summer, but they're rare. You know... the ones with highs hovering around 20! :D

This weekend was looking to be a dream with comfortable temps... but now it looks like the remnants of Gordon will be hitting Southern Ontario hard starting mid-Sunday. Smiling Face With Horns Hopefully the track shifts a bit... fingers crossed...
Yeah I agree we had a few days with 'killjoy temps' this summer, you know the ones with highs barely hovering around 20! :P

Was?! You mean temps wont drop to teens anymore?! Then yeah that would totally be dream weather for this time of the year. :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 19, 2006
9090 posts
3900 upvotes
Toronto
Saw a lot of people wearing parka this weekend Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat

Tomorrow calling for rain the whole day
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)