Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19052 posts
2023 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Now chocolate season just got extended a little longer. Shut up and drink up!

autocorrect you’ve made me look like a fool again!
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19052 posts
2023 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Summer actually feels like summer now, eh?

This is pretty good weather as is. Any colder or hotter would be a drag.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2017
2271 posts
1137 upvotes
It got windy today :(
I want some heatwaves lol I forget the feeling of sweating in the sun ;)
Oct 9, 2017
160 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
The last week of May looks sunny in Toronto/GTA which is going to be so nice. Even though the temperature will only be like 20c with the sun being so high in the sky, it should feel nice. So glad, all the rain was getting me depressed. Once a week rainstorms are ok but every day gets annoying. Still prefer rain to snow though.

Also, for anyone interested, the Weather Network will be releasing their summer forecast on Monday, May 27. Usually their website has a summary of their forecast if you don't have cable. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Oct 9, 2017
160 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
Supercooled wrote: Now chocolate season just got extended a little longer. Shut up and drink up!

autocorrect you’ve made me look like a fool again!

Yes, hot chocolate season is fun but I'm ready for the hot beverages to come to an end and enjoy a cold bottle of water on a warm summer's day. Nothing beats cold showers in the middle of July. It's the little things that brings me joy. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
631 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
If we could go a couple days with neither rain or heavy winds, I would be so happy. It's either one or the other every. single. day. It's relentless.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19052 posts
2023 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
OntarioRocks wrote: Yes, hot chocolate season is fun but I'm ready for the hot beverages to come to an end and enjoy a cold bottle of water on a warm summer's day. Nothing beats cold showers in the middle of July. It's the little things that brings me joy. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Too much of anything is bad.

This weather is very drab. May be this is how Vancouver and Seattle feels like. Dark, overcast, cold and wet. I can see why they complain a lot.
Jan 3, 2017
321 posts
230 upvotes
Is there a way to compare how much rain and how much colder it is on average this year compared to last? I''m not sure if we have more rain or more colder temps than normal or it's just selective memory.

Business is down compared to last year and we are weather dependent and I wanted to know if it is weather or another factor. Sure feels like weather but sometimes selective memory can be an issue
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13230 posts
2578 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
fryguy1987 wrote: Is there a way to compare how much rain and how much colder it is on average this year compared to last? I''m not sure if we have more rain or more colder temps than normal or it's just selective memory.

Business is down compared to last year and we are weather dependent and I wanted to know if it is weather or another factor. Sure feels like weather but sometimes selective memory can be an issue
It IS colder than previous years. Normally we shut off the furnace around 13-14th of may like clock-work. This year we still have it on becuz of the fluctuating temps. One day it could be 15-17C then next day back down to 7-8C for few days and so on. Nuts!! But looking at the weather forecast sounds like it's back to seasonal averages as today is supposed to hit 18-19C HI in TO. Then dropping to double digits 11-12C overnite and higher into June. Once it hits double digits overnite consistently, time to shut off the furnace.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15043 posts
12138 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
@Ilovejaneandfinch

Any news on WHEN we all can expect some better weather here in Eastern Ontario ?

As much as Toronto / GTA / Golden Horseshoe folks on RFD are complaining ... it’s truly been a horror here
(So far reminds me of the Spring / Summer 2017 ... when it rained pretty much every frickin day April thru August)

It’s wet, it’s damp, it’s grey, it’s overcast, and cold
Temps running well below average
And limping along ... still often in single digits C or barely better (below or in the 50s F)

And the rain persists...
Enough already, especially for the many still fighting the good fight with sandbags against flooding

Where’s the sunshine & heat ?
A normal year, and May we are well into the teens C (60s F)
With occasionally days 20+ (In the 70s F)
Sometimes even hotter (in the 80s F)

At this point, I am grateful it’s literally not snowing
(It’s been almost that bad)
But seriously, what’s happening ?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
PointsHubby wrote: @Ilovejaneandfinch

Any news on WHEN we all can expect some better weather here in Eastern Ontario ?

As much as Toronto / GTA / Golden Horseshoe folks on RFD are complaining ... it’s truly been a horror here
(So far reminds me of the Spring / Summer 2017 ... when it rained pretty much every frickin day April thru August)

It’s wet, it’s damp, it’s grey, it’s overcast, and cold
Temps running well below average
And limping along ... still often in single digits C or barely better (below or in the 50s F)

And the rain persists...
Enough already, especially for the many still fighting the good fight with sandbags against flooding

Where’s the sunshine & heat ?
A normal year, and May we are well into the teens C (60s F)
With occasionally days 20+ (In the 70s F)
Sometimes even hotter (in the 80s F)

At this point, I am grateful it’s literally not snowing
(It’s been almost that bad)
But seriously, what’s happening ?
What I see is a pattern of temperatures simply going back to normal for the time of year. The unfortunate part is that I don't see any warm spells above normal to counterbalance the cold we have seen before it.

In a good year, if you have cold spells in spring, it is counterbalanced by a period of more or less equally above normal temps afterwards. I don't see that happening for now.
blahhh
May 20, 2017
737 posts
558 upvotes
ON
What a strange weather today! Rinse, sun shine, rinse again, sun shine, rinse again, and repeat