Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2020 4:00 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
8979 posts
1577 upvotes
Toronto
sandikosh wrote: Just a few hours away from April and the weather is still beautiful outside!
Above zero is always good. Daytime highs of 8 to 13 are manageable.
Lot's of rain and higher humidity to send the virus down the drain.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20552 posts
4598 upvotes
Poormond Hill
It's SNOWING!!!!!!!
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
32939 posts
3439 upvotes
Winnipeg
^the pandemic is good for the environment
Jan 11, 2012
171 posts
15 upvotes
Richmond Hill
3 degrees at noon on May 9th. Last few years the winter type weather has shifted back and forth and not really sticking to December - March.
I am old enough to say almost definitively that wild temperature variations (within a few hours or one day) and windy conditions are increasing. As I am sitting here a wind gust made my windows rattle but it's been at least 5 minutes and the gust is not repeated, even wind gusts are not constant :D Also, within the past hour or so we have had flurries and hail. Yes both.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20552 posts
4598 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Just another 5 months for winter weather. Might as well cancel summer.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20552 posts
4598 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Winter is already here as it is snowing!!!!!
May 23, 2008
739 posts
300 upvotes
Gtown ON
sandikosh wrote: Winter is already here as it is snowing!!!!!
Yeah, global warming... The last couple of winters were warmer, but way longer. Snow on the ground in mid May, I have not seen this in, well, never since I came to this great country 20 years ago.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
2495 posts
24441 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Some things like a big size cricket can wake up thousands even millions of years after it's been frozen. I was watching all the animals that survived the ice age from prehistoric times to now, maybe some were still frozen and this global warming will really be the dawn of an insect species thought extinct to be found somewhere new. Prob not though, they would have thawed long before, and would have lots of water to endure. That would suck, you wake up from an ice age only to drown. Anyways, prob not, but let's hope we can get some sunny days and the temperature back to the norms these days. Global warming has been causing drastic changes in the weather in a short time, and I don't remember it being like that.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
3642 posts
226 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
stinastr I got a headache reading what you just typed.Are you feeling ok?.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)