Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
2685 posts
25474 upvotes
Toronto, ON
gizmo8 wrote: stinastr I got a headache reading what you just typed.Are you feeling ok?.
Not sleeping enough is all I can say. The weed usually doesn't hit me that hard, but I'm all over the place today. I had some quiet days recently to coax someone else's blood pressure, but this lockdown is getting the best of me. Granted, we can't beat it yet, but I'd like to reach a new high this summer and boot my happiness up and this covid is bumming me out.

Let's blame it on a return of cold temperatures and allergy season. Had a runny nose the past couple of days, they initially said that's not a symptom, so all good. Ready to roll.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3379 posts
599 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
stinastr wrote: Some things like a big size cricket can wake up thousands even millions of years after it's been frozen. I was watching all the animals that survived the ice age from prehistoric times to now, maybe some were still frozen and this global warming will really be the dawn of an insect species thought extinct to be found somewhere new. Prob not though, they would have thawed long before, and would have lots of water to endure. That would suck, you wake up from an ice age only to drown. Anyways, prob not, but let's hope we can get some sunny days and the temperature back to the norms these days. Global warming has been causing drastic changes in the weather in a short time, and I don't remember it being like that.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
2685 posts
25474 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Bruce Willis said because he has kids, do they watch his violent movies. He said, the news is on everyday and they have much more violent stuff on there than my movies.

lol
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3379 posts
599 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
LOngest damn day of the year today. I am so over the sky getting bright before 0500 and sun setting after 9pm.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2011
4045 posts
243 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
worst heat so far this year
Traveling 😁
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18719 posts
1937 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
A warm and increasingly humid airmass will continue streaming into the regions from the south.

Border line heat warning criteria is expected to be reached again today. Hot and humid air can also bring deteriorating air quality and can cause the air quality health index to approach the high risk category. Increased cloud cover will reduce maximum temperatures to below warning criteria for Monday. It will remain humid until a cold front arrives Tuesday.

Please refer to your public forecast for further details.

###

The risks are greater for young children, pregnant women, older adults, people with chronic illnesses and people working or exercising outdoors.

Watch for the effects of heat illness: swelling, rash, cramps, fainting, heat exhaustion, heat stroke and the worsening of some health conditions.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ONstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.
Recommended actions

Drink plenty of water even before you feel thirsty and stay in a cool place.

Check on older family, friends and neighbours. Make sure they are cool and drinking water

Seek a cool place such as a tree-shaded area, swimming pool, shower or bath, or air-conditioned spot like a public building.

Shade yourself with an umbrella or a wide-brimmed hat.

Never leave people or pets inside a parked vehicle.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1871 posts
713 upvotes
Montreal, QC
2 heatwave so far this year and more to come. this one though, it's been lasting a full week with 5 straight 35+ days... can't wait for this to end tomorrow. good thing we only have to show up a couple of days at the office. rest of the week is wfh
May 20, 2017
629 posts
488 upvotes
ON
Brutal weather in southern Ontario. And there seems to be no relief in the coming 2 weeks!
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1780 posts
484 upvotes
Toronto
I've had enough of this weather

I feel more restricted than March/April.
Mar 6, 2015
611 posts
41 upvotes

If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!😃
Mar 6, 2015
611 posts
41 upvotes
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!😃