Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
6759 posts
1248 upvotes
Scarborough
This heatwave is making those portable A/C units sell like hot cakes
Fans are a failure here, speed is crappy and slow doesn’t matter brand. Gotta buy industrial type to get good strong air flow
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
630 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Much fresher this morning, Dew point of only 16°c compared with +20°c the past few weeks. I am not seeing +30° temps in the forecast any more. Close to 30° but not forecast 30° plus humidex like the past few weeks. Also, night lows are now at 20 or below for the next ~3 weeks and then we should start seeing mid teens or lower from there out.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18966 posts
1985 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
I actually used my blanket last night in a long long time. Sure ac was on but still, it’s a rarity that I had to cover up. Nice sleep last night also a rarity.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
630 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
flair.14 wrote: Not for me. Summer heat FTW.
I will take -20 or colder over +20 or warmer every single bloody time.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3293 posts
591 upvotes
I love the heat - but not the sun. But, I could live with the cold in winter if it did not come with snow and ice.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18966 posts
1985 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Crazy downpour this morning. Saw two taxis on the gardener express facing the wrong way with heavy frontal damage. I guess they hit a puddle going to fast and hydroplanes and we all know they are lax on upkeep of their vehicles. Wouldn’t surprise me if the tires were almost bald. Saw 2 accidents in fact on my commute.