Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

Jul 29, 2007
229 posts
19 upvotes
OP more and more people are browsing this thread. Thanks to you I am mentally prepared for this. Did not want to believe what you are telling us.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
winterslush wrote: OP more and more people are browsing this thread. Thanks to you I am mentally prepared for this. Did not want to believe what you are telling us.
Yes this thread is exploding.

I predicted this storm TEN DAYS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And looks what's happening. I should talk to CP24 about this because I am going crazy with my forecast accuracy. I can't beleive I nailed this one like I did.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19459 posts
6604 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
If it wasn't for the internet I'd still just think it was a slightly wet night. I wouldn't even come close to calling it a storm... it's barely raining, like a drizzle and winds are calm. That last rain storm we had was a lot more impressive so far from my perspective in my little pocket here in a wooded area of the south kingsway neighborhood.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4121 posts
924 upvotes
Sask.
Stay safe everyone - hope you all get through it all okay!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5674 posts
898 upvotes
Toronto
so this ice rain will end tomorrow at noon?

no damage in this area yet. can't wait!! :cheesygri
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
BinaryJay wrote: If it wasn't for the internet I'd still just think it was a slightly wet night. I wouldn't even come close to calling it a storm... it's barely raining, like a drizzle and winds are calm.
Precipitation is now moving in and out in waves. We are i a bit of a hole in the precip. But either way you can see how the storm actually is happening literally just uphill from you.
natalka wrote: Stay safe everyone - hope you all get through it all okay!
Thanks. It is pretty crazy. the fire Dept list is going off the charts and so is twitter. I will survive as long as the power stays on and I have internet :)

Maybe this is why the internet is so fast tonight. Half of Toronto is cut off from it :lol:
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote: so this ice rain will end tomorrow at noon?

no damage in this area yet. can't wait!! :cheesygri
It should end by then. Maybe even a bit earlier if we are lucky. If it keeps going till late morning, I'm almost sure Toronto will look like a mini-warzone!
blahhh
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3425 posts
636 upvotes
London
assuming pearson being hit? need mr. snow to land and take off from there tmw on his way home :(
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41504 posts
6514 upvotes
I think the light power cut made my USB mouse wonky lol. Rebooted PC so let's see. Also the windows are frozen outside. Sucks for those who parked their cars out and didn't scrape the ice off today. Gonna be worse for them tomorrow. Lol
Proud to be an Indian.
36 posts
1 upvote
Did anyone else see the sky light up green? Wild electrical light shows going off all over the place. Viewing from the 24th floor looking eastbound at VP/Danforth.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)