Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

Deal Fanatic
Jan 24, 2005
5730 posts
323 upvotes
sandikosh wrote: Merry Christmas! What a glorious morning! Minus 19!
It's not a glorious morning. I still don't have power.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
xwar wrote: It's not a glorious morning. I still don't have power.
Sorry to hear that. For you and all those that have no power for Christmas, I wish you the best of luck and hope you still find joy on this wonderful Christmas day.

Anyone else here have a Christmas as white as mine here on Jones Av? You can see below just how white it is right now on Christmas morning and the vid will be coming later. Merry Christmas to all again!
[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-igB-PGk8OoA/U ... G_1944.jpg[/IMG]

Now it can't get much whiter than THAT on Christmas morning! What a Christmas miracle! Hope those with no power get their Christmas miracle with power returning too.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9736 posts
4423 upvotes
Toronto
OH no... now I am really worieed... need to drive ...aiya
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Pochacco wrote: OH no... now I am really worieed... need to drive ...aiya
I am glad I warned you. Although I should tell you that it is moving out again. So you should be ok. Merry Christmas!

And to all those reading the weather thread today,
If there are any people you have not made contact with for awhile, but wish to maintain eternal friendship, today on Christmas day is a good day to give them a merry Christmas shoutout in an email or phone call and make them smile with the joy of Christmas.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9736 posts
4423 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: I am glad I warned you. Although I should tell you that it is moving out again. So you should be ok. Merry Christmas!

And to all those reading the weather thread today,
If there are any people you have not made contact with for awhile, but wish to maintain eternal friendship, today on Christmas day is a good day to give them a merry Christmas shoutout in an email or phone call and make them smile with the joy of Christmas.
is it going towards east? cuz this is where I am going.. AIYA
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Pochacco wrote: is it going towards east? cuz this is where I am going.. AIYA
It is actually lol northeast to be exact as it is rolling along the shore area as it moves more in the direction of Ajax Pickering. But also appears to be weakening and I don't think it will be nearly as bad as it was here near downtown Toronto. So you are still going to be fine. Safe drivin! Shouldn't be too bad also because this is one of the calmest traffic days of the year.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6317 posts
1180 upvotes
Traian2003 wrote: Still down. Xmas dinner cancelled :(
There was a sec power flicker at 6am around finch and Vic park. But it was just an awful tease
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6317 posts
1180 upvotes
kiasu wrote: Any update for m2j?
I'm telling you we'll be last. Our area has terrible power lines and hydro never helps. Every power outage the past few years, we are last to get it back.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 24, 2005
5730 posts
323 upvotes
canadiankorean wrote: I'm telling you we'll be last. Our area has terrible power lines and hydro never helps. Every power outage the past few years, we are last to get it back.
I agree. I am not optimistic.

I drove around this morning around leslie and finch and the peanut and it seems like everyone north, south, east and west of M2J HAS POWER.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
14427 posts
3466 upvotes
canadiankorean wrote: I'm telling you we'll be last. Our area has terrible power lines and hydro never helps. Every power outage the past few years, we are last to get it back.
Wtf... This is getting ridiculous... The houses behind us got power but not on our street....FTS man
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
14427 posts
3466 upvotes
xwar wrote: I agree. I am not optimistic.

I drove around this morning around leslie and finch and the peanut and it seems like everyone north, south, east and west of M2J HAS POWER.
To be specific i mean seneca hill area near seneca hill primary school
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 24, 2005
5730 posts
323 upvotes
kiasu wrote: To be specific i mean seneca hill area near seneca hill primary school
I'm M2J 2 ... west of fairview, east of leslie, around Nymark. Still nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6317 posts
1180 upvotes
Near Sheppard and Brian, they have power. North of van Horne, power. East of Vic park, power.

Mostly small/medium sized homes so we are probably low priority.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I wonder if the crews are honoring their own rule of giving lower income/more vulnerable areas the highest priority.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5674 posts
899 upvotes
Toronto
im tired of this power outage already, spent 3 nights in freezer. :mad:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote: im tired of this power outage already, spent 3 nights in freezer. :mad:
But it was minus seventeen! how did you manage? Is it not necessary to take off to another house or storm emergency shelter? My friend that owns a big house in far east Scarborough took off last night to stay at it because this situation is getting out of hand. I don't know why he waited till day 3 to finally leave his ice box.

And you? What will you do about it?

Oh and Merry Christmas by the way :)
[IMG]http://www.bodminlive.com/xsdbimgs/chri ... ics_01.gif[/IMG]
blahhh
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17796 posts
1355 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
mbg wrote: I would definitely check with RFD first, rather than asking the insurance company,
You know that's how we do things here dude :)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5674 posts
899 upvotes
Toronto
JayLove06 wrote: Of course. But our mayor is a ***** so......
correct
JayLove06 wrote: Thoughts are with those who are still without power. This is terrible.
terrible x10
gotridet wrote: I don't understand how Toronto hydro is deciding which neighborhood to switch on. Half of mine is on and half is off.
i believe they are focused on restoring the major roads first then the small streets. like in my area, markham road is fully lit, and our area just beside of it is completely dark.

i just cant understand.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17796 posts
1355 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
kiasu wrote: Wtf... This is getting ridiculous... The houses behind us got power but not on our street....FTS man
Make sure you get in touch with Hydro and let them know about your specific outage. After they got a couple of homes in your area up, they may have assumed the whole area was fine and moved on...