Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41856 posts
6592 upvotes
Raggie wrote: So I am guessing the driving conditions will be very bad tomorrow morning?
Most likely, which is why I will be driving to Finch instead and taking the subway. Vs driving on the DVP/Gardiner. Plus traffic too.
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I wonder what it is like in Oakville? south Mississauga right now. The Radar is showing very very heavy precipitation but I am not sure if it is snow or rain or what.
Anyone in that area now?
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41856 posts
6592 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: UrbanPoet said rain, but I already am sure it is just wet there anyways. That is the wettest part of the region as it warmed up a lot downtown. I think there will be no snow to be found on any streets.
Hmm... Good. I will hold you to your word lol. When I set foot DT tmr morning and if I see snow or icy conditions, I know whom to blame lol :razz: Jokes.
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
djemzine wrote: Hmm... Good. I will hold you to your word lol. When I set foot DT tmr morning and if I see snow or icy conditions, I know whom to blame lol :razz: Jokes.
Lol yes. beware though the conditions will change fast everywhere as soon as the temperatures plummet tomorrow. Anything wet will freeze very well. It will be quite cold.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Raggie wrote: Its either freezing rain or wet snow. I can't tell but I can hear it hitting against the window. I think its freezing rain.
Ok so it is ice pellets then. I'm not a fan of that stuff!
blahhh
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
1868 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
It's just straight rain in Hamilton. I got soaked.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
This storm has every kind of precipitation in existance with it: rain, freezing rain, ice pellets, and snow! It has all been covered right within the GTA this evening!
blahhh
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19488 posts
6651 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Ok so it is ice pellets then. I'm not a fan of that stuff!
Ice pellets/rain on the window here, on and off... just straight light rain right now.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
BinaryJay wrote: Ice pellets/rain on the window here, on and off...
Ok you are the closest to downtown lately that still seems to not be just plain rain. I am wondering if anyone in the city of Toronto is still getting snow. Pearson never recorded any freezing rain or ice pellets. Just snow.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17900 posts
942 upvotes
it's way too warm out to be anything dangerous I think, at least not possible for it to freeze over like last week
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
ludhi wrote: [IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/2dlpsao.jpg[/IMG]

lol u call this warm?
lol it is all relative really. I think the best word would have been "mild" It is indeed mild for this time of year and weather pattern we have been in because your skin actually can't freeze, even if you keep throwing snow on yourself, because we are right at the freezing mark.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8631 posts
2554 upvotes
Mississauga
I think its going to be a snow day for me tomorrow! I remember driving on the icy roads last winter and it was very scary.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Dec 18, 2008
371 posts
175 upvotes
so if I don't shovel tonight....would I face a sheet of ice over snow tomorrow?
I am in north east of scarborough.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
O no! not another ice storm! The trees look just like they did as the last ice storm was getting going!! At least it shouldn't last too much longer. I think it will taper to just flurries soon.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41856 posts
6592 upvotes
EbonyRose wrote: It's just straight rain in Hamilton. I got soaked.
Interesting :razz:
Proud to be an Indian.
Jul 21, 2006
3471 posts
380 upvotes
Toronto
bonbon321 wrote: so if I don't shovel tonight....would I face a sheet of ice over snow tomorrow?
most likely .. if u are seeing rain tonite
====================================
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41856 posts
6592 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: O no! not another ice storm! The trees look just like they did as the last ice storm was getting going!! At least it shouldn't last too much longer. I think it will taper to just flurries soon.
What? Source?
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
bonbon321 wrote: so if I don't shovel tonight....would I face a sheet of ice over snow tomorrow?
It is getting iced up, so even though it is a pain to have to go out now and do it, I strongly recommend you do it right away. That wet snow will freeze like cement and will be a nightmare to get done. So yes, do it now and don't wait for it to freeze solid on you. Temps drop below freezing again from 1 am.
blahhh