Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5674 posts
899 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: I am too lol. But only because it could be extreme enough to be another historic spell of weather. If it were just plain -15 every day, I would just tell it to go away!
Active weather is fun. As you can see, we enjoyed the boiling water trick and hope to see Niagara freeze and amazing stuff like that. But if it is just cold enough to ruin plans, then no one is going to like it.
not fun if u see it only in pictures/videos. :|
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote: not fun if u see it only in pictures/videos. :|
True, but if you do get to go, then it is great. :) Just hearing about such an event happening in the news would be fun. Most of the ice storm for me also was just in the news and this thread anyways because I did not venture out to the worst affected areas.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Simaahoy wrote: [IMG]http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... -HIMYM.gif[/IMG]

I guess it's time to hang up the fall jacket again. :| :eek:
And go shopping in Russia for a new winter jacket! lol If these Arctic vortexes keep coming back, I don't think north face or even CG will have anything in stock to serve the people of Toronto properly during all of this! :razz:

I wonder if there will be any Russian Goose and North Pole Face coming out :lol:
Say bye bye to these!
[IMG]http://www.fpusadailyplanet.com/wp-cont ... agoose.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.towncountryhoulton.com/rapid ... ogo160.gif[/IMG]
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5674 posts
899 upvotes
Toronto
B> canada goose jackets , preferably 50% off. :razz:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote: B> canada goose jackets , preferably 50% off. :razz:
As I said, Canada Goose and North Face will go out of style because of the polar vortex! lol They will lose out to whoever starts off The North Pole Face and Russia Goose! A new revolution of clothing and kind of weather!
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41850 posts
6588 upvotes
Boo snow! OP do you think it will continue overnight to worsen the commute in the morning? How's the morning looking like for RH and DT Toronto?
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote: flurries here at scarb.
I noticed on the RADAR that an area of snow is moving across the great lakes region and snow will continue tonight. It looks to possibly accumulate. This should help put traction on the otherwise completely icy surfaces when the layer of snow melts down a bit. So this could actually make things a bit better, especially in parks covered by a sheet of ice.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2011
4052 posts
247 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: As I said, Canada Goose and North Face will go out of style because of the polar vortex! lol They will lose out to whoever starts off The North Pole Face and Russia Goose! A new revolution of clothing and kind of weather!
No one at my uni will give up their high end jackets. :cheesygri
Traveling 😁
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
djemzine wrote: Boo snow! OP do you think it will continue overnight to worsen the commute in the morning? How's the morning looking like for RH and DT Toronto?
According to the GFS, you should find a thin layer of snow on the ground that should be no problem ..... but then again you got all those idiot drivers on the roads that make it a problem when it shouldn't be lol

Flurries look to continue through mid day as I see right now on the GFS. Just nothing heavy during the day.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Simaahoy wrote: No one at my uni will give up their high end jackets. :cheesygri
But maybe The North Pole Face and Russia Goose WILL be the higher end when the polar vortex takes over Canada!! :razz: You never know. Wicked weather trends may transform clothing trends lol

Although I know CG is 'cool' because it has been mentioned a million times in this thread :lol:
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41850 posts
6588 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: According to the GFS, you should find a thin layer of snow on the ground that should be no problem ..... but then again you got all those idiot drivers on the roads that make it a problem when it shouldn't be lol

Flurries look to continue through mid day as I see right now on the GFS. Just nothing heavy during the day.
Alright time to snow boots it up then!
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
djemzine wrote: Alright time to snow boots it up then!
No it won't be nearly enough for that! You probably won't even need to shovel. This is just another weak Alberta clipper.

But with the polar vortex coming, you will need to transform the way you dress to go to work. I will have my new winter wear logos ready to go in a moment :)
blahhh
Jul 29, 2007
229 posts
19 upvotes
OP what are you talking about? Another storm on the way? What will temp be like? I tried getting a CG parka it was all sold out for my size, so I have to wait till October. I am going to the dollar store to get a bottle of soap bubbles. I did the boiling water trick. This time I will try the bubbles.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41850 posts
6588 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: There you go. This is what will be in style in a few weeks!!!!
Keep warm! ;)
Haha. Ya doesn't look too chilly tmr it seems. What do you think? My winter boots are wearing off anyway, so I shall run them down till the end of the season and buy a nicer pair. Gotta maintain that one of course.
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
winterslush wrote: OP what are you talking about? Another storm on the way? What will temp be like? I tried getting a CG parka it was all sold out for my size, so I have to wait till October. I am going to the dollar store to get a bottle of soap bubbles. I did the boiling water trick. This time I will try the bubbles.
It's great that you will start getting prepared for the next cold wave. It is no real storm as of yet since I am not seeing much of a storm appear in the models though that could change. But at least we have more time to prepare for the cold wave so we can have a better time with the cold weather experiments :) I may try with bubble too. But I wonder if things will freeze to fast for that to work though lol But it is worth the try anyways.

This is not a good time for CG to be sold out when there are no good alternatives yet. They are sold out because of the histpric weather pattern in place. none of this was ever expected and now I am seeing CG everywhere I look because everyone has bought them now. No wonder they are out of stock lol
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
djemzine wrote: Haha. Ya doesn't look too chilly tmr it seems. What do you think? My winter boots are wearing off anyway, so I shall run them down till the end of the season and buy a nicer pair. Gotta maintain that one of course.
Another good point. Don't wear down the snow boots when you don't need them, especially since they might wear down faster where there is no snow to reduce erosion or 'weathering' of the boots. They are designed for snow after all and this explained why mine failed in the middle of winter last year - I used them too much when I didn't need to in mild weather with no snow and they get leaks. Now I purposely walk where there is snow when at High Park so to avoid wearing them down on the pavement.

You are in the city so you surely don't need those. But if it ti too cold, then maybe you need boots that are made for the cold, but are designed to be worn a lot in regular weather so they don't get wrecked.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2011
4052 posts
247 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Buy some salt, incase. :lol:
Traveling 😁