Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
h2o- wrote: What do you think jnf on this?
I see it headed our way right now on the RADAR. I'm headed out soon so if you guys never hear from me again, I was gobbled up by a blizzard lol
blahhh
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
2282 posts
781 upvotes
It's been cold this winter compared to recent years but really, I don't think it's been THAT bad. Get used to the cold weather while you're young or else you're screwed when you're older and your body is more fragile....or just move like JnF :lol:

Most people here get to work indoors in a heated building and complain all season about the cold. Think of the people who have to work outdoors!

To all those people who have CG jackets and brag about only wearing tshirts underneath and still sweating. You should not be complaining lol
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
355 upvotes
snow squall right now! It looks terrible outside.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Zephyr22b wrote: It's been cold this winter compared to recent years but really, I don't think it's been THAT bad. Get used to the cold weather while you're young or else you're screwed when you're older and your body is more fragile....or just move like JnF :lol:

Most people here get to work indoors in a heated building and complain all season about the cold. Think of the people who have to work outdoors!

To all those people who have CG jackets and brag about only wearing tshirts underneath and still sweating. You should not be complaining lol
All the city of T-Dot employees out there doing garbage or standing as crosswalk guards just give me the shivers, seeing them out there non-stop in this weather. It is just pure misery and suffering. No way I could uphold a position like that during 5 months of terrible cold. So I won't be applying to the city of Toronto to freeze my butt off all day!
[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-o72K-75vVT0/U ... 0/tdot.jpg[/IMG]
So instead of T-Dot, I am switching cities and picking Q-Dot ;)
[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PowP2NlWDmQ/U ... 0/Qdot.jpg[/IMG]
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
djemzine wrote: Cold again and Snow Squall warning: http://www.theweathernetwork.com/alerts ... hmond-hill

OP does your models say anything about snow squalls?
It is just the passage of an occluded front that is causing this. there is a watch issued for T-Dot too. But once it gets going, it will be over before you know it.

Well I'm gonna jet. See y'all later!
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6457 posts
1972 upvotes
test9251 wrote: Oh look, march 12 is not so bad. :lol:
Watch an Alberta Vortex Clipper Typhoon come and change that to -99 degrees Kelvinheit with a typhoon chill of absolute -0.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9668 posts
1164 upvotes
GTA
To OP or whoever else....

How accurate do you think the chance of POP % numbers are. I am going away this weekend and I am concerned about the snow falling on Saturday in Toronto because of obligations I have to do snow clearing for someone. I am going to create a backup plan but just wondering what your view of the "model" calls for in regards to snow fall. If it is less than 2 cm I am okay but if it is approaching 4cm that is more of an issue.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2010
1432 posts
352 upvotes
snowing hard in downtown....snow, snow...go away!!
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2004
3721 posts
213 upvotes
test9251 wrote: snowing hard at scarb!
Hope the accumulation is not too bad on the ground. Need to drive there soon for an appt.