Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
dc200 wrote: outlook for april looks warmer than usual, so i can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

iloveyongeandeglinton, please don't correct me if i'm wrong. let us keep some hope plssss.
Lol

I saw some suggestions of a pattern in the Pacific ocean that is likely to push us into a warmer weather pattern for April. Although so many predictions have gone wrong, so I am not confident until I see some solid evidence of a real warmup in my forecasts. btw, iloveairportroadand409 cause that's the last intersection I will see in cold T-Dot before I abandon the country and head for the sun lol
blahhh
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
1438 posts
49 upvotes
God damn it's cold. Hand felt it was gonna fall off while pumping gas
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I think having a windchill warning at the end of February is nuts. With normal temperature for this time of year now at plus 2, we are waaaaaaaay off track!

Daily averages have already gone up a full 4 degrees from their winter peak now that we are at the end of Feb. But it is acting like as if we are in the middle of another ice age!
blahhh
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13230 posts
2578 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
JayLove06 wrote: It's too cold for my Canada Goose.
Because you dont have a CG TEI 5 model even though CG is overpriced and overrated. :-0 :!:
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I was walking from my house in Greektown overhearing people talking about "the cold blowing through their jacket" A lot of jackets people are using now were not made for the cold we are having now I guess.

I was expecting some of the very people right in front of me to be talking about the weather. I hear people talking about weather more than anything else these days. Cause it sux!!
blahhh
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2005
2269 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: I was walking from my house in Greektown overhearing people talking about "the cold blowing through their jacket" A lot of jackets people are using now were not made for the cold we are having now I guess.

I was expecting some of the very people right in front of me to be talking about the weather. I hear people talking about weather more than anything else these days. Cause it sux!!
Funny how a few months back you were saying you how much you love winter and cant wait for it to come and bring us dumpings of snow! lol.
Now you're saying how you dislike it... boy have the tables turned.. :razz:

Its pure crap, I hate this weather!
All people can talk about at work is how miserable this winter has been and how it changes people's plans and moods :( not only that, I have a bunch of new summer clothing that are waiting to be worn.. soon!!
Heatware (6-0-0)

FS:
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41458 posts
6506 upvotes
PSiBeR wrote: Funny how a few months back you were saying you how much you love winter and cant wait for it to come and bring us dumpings of snow! lol.

All people can talk about at work is how miserable this winter has been and how it changes people's plans and moods :( not only that, I have a bunch of new summer clothing that are waiting to be worn.. soon!!
Get in line dude haha!
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
PSiBeR wrote: Funny how a few months back you were saying you how much you love winter and cant wait for it to come and bring us dumpings of snow! lol.

Ya I was looking forward to a normal winter. One where you get frequent bouts of showers and mild, then -6 perhaps, a few snowfalls around 20cm. And most importantly, it doesn't start till the Christmas vacation and wains right about now. (And considerable weakens before this date) But instead we just a deep bottomless pit of frigid cold that lasts nearly 5 months, some storm with ice and that's it.

Will be nice to be in Quillabamba where I know summer can't fail! It starts April 30th and ends 7 months later when I leave! :)
blahhh
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
595 upvotes
Toronto
stupidducky wrote: God damn it's cold. Hand felt it was gonna fall off while pumping gas
+1!!!!!!! I had to stop at a half full tank, I wimped out.
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2007
1223 posts
121 upvotes
LostInTruth wrote: +1!!!!!!! I had to stop at a half full tank, I wimped out.
Use your car's gas tank cover to hold the gas pump handle closed, then sit in the car while its pumping.
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
12545 posts
7733 upvotes
aznnorth wrote: Because you dont have a CG TEI 5 model even though CG is overpriced and overrated. :-0 :!:
I didn't anticipate these temperatures. Last year was so mild.
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
11433 posts
2012 upvotes
Toronto
I just took out the garbage to the curb, and mannn, it is cold. Maybe it's been awhile, and there's some wind but this is definitely up there. My hands were like ice after a minute.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14756 posts
2741 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
I wonder how has antidepressent prescription rate gone up this winter? #winter #blues