Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
cassandra111 wrote: The only word I can think of is ubiquitous.

Honestly, OP, you're gonna miss us so badly after only a month and hightail back in no time! :lol: Where else can you find people that range from charming, witty to snarky, demanding and everything in between. :razz: Add in the mix, a weather that's so, shall we say, volatile? You'll be bored stiff in your Peru paradise and you know it.
Nah! I want warm weather, cheap fruit, lots of musica! lots of fiesta! People are very easy to be around in PEru so I know I will have the time of my life there. I learned that the last time I was in a small city and I only had 2 weeks left to enjoy it and didn't want to leave. Now I am giving myself 7 months of Peru followed by another 7 months in the Philippines :) I wanna feel what it's like to skip a whole entire winter next winter! Knowing my luck though, it will end up being a torch warm winter that I miss here next winter after having to go through this terrible one :| lol
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
cassandra111 wrote: The only word I can think of is ubiquitous.

Honestly, OP, you're gonna miss us so badly after only a month and hightail back in no time! :lol: Where else can you find people that range from charming, witty to snarky, demanding and everything in between. :razz: Add in the mix, a weather that's so, shall we say, volatile? You'll be bored stiff in your Peru paradise and you know it.
Thanks for the word btw. I think that was it. I will research the word and see about similar words too. Gotta learn a bit more English before I abandon the language for 7 months ;) lol

Edit: I could have used a simpler word like 'broad' as well. Weather is a broad topic because it relates to so many things. I am still trying to find synonyms.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
8745 posts
3488 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Wow today was my lucky TTC day! All the buses and subways came and left with me on them the instant I showed up for them and a toonie was on a seat in one of them waiting for pick-up ... by me! lol Ya that's right a free toonie at the back of the bus left behind. It was worth it to go all the way to Scarborough Dollarama because this luck resulted in me only spending on 1 of 3 items, the other 2 from my bus seat finding!
Lol u so lucky :)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Pochacco wrote: Lol u so lucky :)
Sometime I wonder why some days start lucky and stay lucky and other when they start crap, well they stay crap!

When I miss the bus, then I miss another one too. Then the subway comes late! Today all the buses came right away and left right away. I thought "my luck has to run out by now" it doesn't and the rest of the buses decide to come in time for me with one containing money!

Can't every day be like today?!??! even the weather is great!

On a side note, what's up with all these LRT threads? we only need one! lol
blahhh
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2151 posts
440 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: But it doesn't have to be a limo. He is not biebz lol Can't it just be a taxi? limo sounds strange! Anyone can opt for cab. That is super easy and saves you the hassle.
Because of how far we are from the airport limo ends up being only like $15 more than a cab. Cabs don't come out this way that often, they usually have no clue where they are going. Plus they would help him more with his bags and he wouldn't wait in a line. Myself when I used to go to the airport all the time for work if I didn't drive, I used Aerofleet they are cheaper than a cab.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
JACKIE26 wrote: Because of how far we are from the airport limo ends up being only like $15 more than a cab. Cabs don't come out this way that often, they usually have no clue where they are going. Plus they would help him more with his bags and he wouldn't wait in a line. Myself when I used to go to the airport all the time for work if I didn't drive, I used Aerofleet they are cheaper than a cab.
I just take the bus :) They offer reliable express service. Look they even have racks in them! Nothing wrong with airport buses for me :) This reminds me, I am exactly a month and a half away from getting in one, I'm so excited!

[IMG]http://www.thestar.com/content/dam/thes ... terbox.jpg[/IMG]
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41024 posts
6359 upvotes
JACKIE26 wrote: OP behave yourself in Peru :lol:
Canadian tourists arrested for streaking in Machu Picchu

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-bu ... 21120.html
Heh. I am sorry that I was on the news guys :razz: Jokes.
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 12, 2011
4081 posts
406 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
djemzine wrote: Heh. I am sorry that I was on the news guys :razz: Jokes.
Lol. OP can I come with you to Peru :P

On a serious note though, how did you find a place to live there?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
JACKIE26 wrote: OP behave yourself in Peru :lol:
Canadian tourists arrested for streaking in Machu Picchu

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-bu ... 21120.html
No issue with this for me lol I don't plan to go to that tourist ridden site! but I also won't be naked anywhere in public in the country.

Regarding that tourist site, I find that a places appeal and priority to visit falls, the more it is trafficed by the same people. It is not a novelty and I don't like being the billionth person to see and take pictures of the same thing they walk to see :| That's why I go to the Amazon! :) The, I have been there too, thrill does not apply to me in destinations where so may people go.
Typhoonz wrote: Lol. OP can I come with you to Peru :P

On a serious note though, how did you find a place to live there?
It is so easy. Places to stay are like 3 dollars a night. It is so cheap that all you have to do is find a cheap hostal and pay how many nights you want. I am thinking of gettin a room or apt soon after I arrive in Quillabamba though. People are very helpful there so I will get what I look for quite fast.

And yes for sure, come along and live the life! You will enjoy the feeling of freedom and excitement. I keep thinking about that day, 1 1/2 months from now when I am walking out this Jones Ave door for the last time with 3 big bags in my hands, passport and flight itinerary in my pocket, hopping on that Jones bus for the last time and know that I will be in non-stop movement until I find myself in Quillabamba, Peru! boy is this a real excitement! People need to unlock themselves from the gloom of everyday repetitive life in freezing cold Toronto and actually feel this thrill and excitement I am about to have.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
4081 posts
406 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
Lol, but what about for work? I'm assuming it'll be hard to find if you can't speak Spanish?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Typhoonz wrote: Lol, but what about for work? I'm assuming it'll be hard to find if you can't speak Spanish?
I speak spanish! Hablo espanol perfectamente!

I wouldn't actually be going to live in a remote city if I couldn't communicate with anyone in their language. I wouldn't get to talk to the chicas lol

So I have the advantage with Peru and then the Philippines, 2 countries that speak 2 different languages I already speak.

My decision to start learning Spanish early 2011 really has started to pay off ;)

Now back to the forecast models, I am seeing a lot of back and forth between above and below freezing over the next 10 days. Also, the NAEFS and CFS models that I have been using have finally started to scale back the cold in the long raange by a large amount. Now the cold area is more light and I am seeing seasonable conditions taking hold again in the coming weeks. I hope to be able to adjust the current status if things look good with further updates.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7184 posts
414 upvotes
York
Friggin' wet outside, but thankfully warm.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2151 posts
440 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
dankup wrote: Friggin' wet outside, but thankfully warm.
I just looked outside I was happy to see how much snow melted today

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)