Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

Aug 30, 2013
258 posts
12 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Why are many people trying to make spring happen? Its not going to happen. #canadianproblems
Banned
Oct 30, 2013
757 posts
49 upvotes
jerseylicious wrote: Why are many people trying to make spring happen? Its not going to happen. #canadianproblems
Spring began at 1:30 pm or something, it was on the radio
Oct 5, 2005
300 posts
7 upvotes
F this F'in weather, I'm so sick and F'in tired of it already.

Annd April is looking to be cold?
Aug 30, 2013
258 posts
12 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
phatsi wrote: Spring began at 1:30 pm or something, it was on the radio
can you feel the spring though? I know I cant :facepalm:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I took down the Samoan Weather guy :razz: Now it is time for some serious weather!

My latest data seems to show that my Thursday start date for the real switch to proper spring weather is still on. All models, even the EURO show this. Public forecasts also all have the switch to above freezing starting about middle of next week. All is looking good. We are FINALLY ESCAPING THIS TERRIBLE WINTER!!!!!!!

EURO model showing a big surge of warmth coming up the weekend after this:
[IMG]http://meteocentre.com/models/ecmwf_ame ... 1395403031[/IMG]
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41280 posts
6439 upvotes
Ya I heard that we may get 5cm of snow in the GTA? Also freezing rain overnight? True or False?
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
djemzine wrote: Ya I heard that we may get 5cm of snow in the GTA? Also freezing rain overnight? True or False?
Will mostly be snow with a chance for rain near lake Ontario. Freezing rain will be limited and of little concern. There could be a short band of freezing rain, but when you have snow, followed by a short period of freezing rain in south T-Dot around midnight followed by some rain in the same area for the rest of the night, you will not even get to notice the efft of the freezing rain because this sequence of events erases the freezing rain's effects. Also, it looks like RH will mostly stay as snow.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41280 posts
6439 upvotes
Hmm... Great more snow lol...
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
djemzine wrote: Hmm... Great more snow lol...
Doesn't looks like a huge one though. In areas to the south, they may end up with the same snow amount they started with today because the rain could melt the little snow they get in places like south T-Dot/Sauga. Yours likely won't melt tonight. The snow looks to be rather brief, but heavy while it's here.
blahhh
Apr 24, 2011
377 posts
154 upvotes
Scarborough
*crosses fingers* pls don't post up anything more along the lines of "GFS/EURO etc. now show for more cold. No more end in sight after Thursday anymore"

I can't take the false hope and constant disappointments anymore!!!!!
Banned
Jul 6, 2011
1284 posts
37 upvotes
Amazes me how people are whinging about the cold weather.....so much for being "Canadians". I bet Scandinavians, Austrians and the Swiss don't complain about the cold......I know they don't