Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2160 posts
443 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
I hope these warnings are all a joke, it looks lovely outside right now and has been nice and sunny today. I saw quite a few people walking around in t-shirts or with no coats. I don't think its warm enough for that yet but I guess a few people must have been inspired by the sunshine to dress like it was spring or summer.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20677 posts
4811 upvotes
Poormond Hill
onlineharvest wrote: Well, considering it was the worst winter weather in 35 years, for many, they never had to experience it THIS bad!
When they say, "it aint like it used to be", I suppose it also is in reference to the weather.
Cold I don't mind, but for everything there is a season, and as I look at my calendar, Winter it aint! ;)
Worst? To me it's the best winter I have yet to experience! I love it!
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20677 posts
4811 upvotes
Poormond Hill
JACKIE26 wrote: I hope these warnings are all a joke, it looks lovely outside right now and has been nice and sunny today. I saw quite a few people walking around in t-shirts or with no coats. I don't think its warm enough for that yet but I guess a few people must have been inspired by the sunshine to dress like it was spring or summer.
I think it's who can get a tan first.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
--StayFly-- wrote: So we can take off the snow tires April 1? :p lol
It is safe to say you can take them off as soon as we finish up with this snowfall we are getting tonight. While we are about to get cold behind it, the remaining cold this weekend and early next week has no snow going along with it before we get going with the warmup middle of next week. So you won't need the winter tires after tonight, but you will need the hat, mitts and CG for this last shot of cold dry air.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
sandikosh wrote: I think it's who can get a tan first.
Ya. The sun angle is high again. UV index is moderate and sun strength is that of near mid September and going up daily so we are starting back with strong sun again.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20677 posts
4811 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Ya. The sun angle is high again. UV index is moderate and sun strength is that of near mid September and going up daily so we are starting back with strong sun again.
This makes me so sad. If, I hope it doesn't, summer ever comes, I will have to bathe myself in sunblock just for a walk. I never had to do this in winter.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20677 posts
4811 upvotes
Poormond Hill
bruizeman wrote: I hate you.
Join the long line. You're not the first.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
sandikosh wrote: This makes me so sad. If, I hope it doesn't, summer ever comes, I will have to bathe myself in sunblock just for a walk. I never had to do this in winter.
Well it's coming alright! So keep an eye out for deals on sunblock at Walmart ;) And stock up! You got 6 months of strong sun ahead of you.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19446 posts
6588 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
--StayFly-- wrote: So we can take off the snow tires April 1? :p lol
If you're only going to drive when it is +6/7C then yes, if colder than that, no. I'm keeping mine on until there is no more snow on the lawn.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20677 posts
4811 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Juat a warning. I read in the news that ....
Natural gas prices will be sky high this year all because temperatures were ......

[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CzGMI8dVjZw/U ... known.jpeg[/IMG]
rock bottom all winter :|
Excuses. Excuses. Excuses. Just like the banks, they will find a way to make you pay more.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
sandikosh wrote: Excuses. Excuses. Excuses. Just like the banks, they will find a way to make you pay more.
Lol taking advantage of the polar vortex. Some greedy people I tell you! Once they have a billion bucks, they need 2 billion to be happy. And they didn't even have to feel the cold either, they go everywhere in nicely heated helicopters.
blahhh