Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
sandikosh wrote: I hate rain! You can't walk when it's raining unless you carry an umbrella or wants to take a shower. With snow, you just brush it off.
I would have to agree with you on that one 100% I even saidd many pages back in this thread about how I actually wasn't lookign forward to normal April weather - rain. I rathr 0 and sun than 8 and rain. You can't at all go out and walk to donlands station because you get wet. And I hate holding up and lugging around umbrellas. And ponchos are annoying too! If we actually got high pressure systems with chilly air to keep coming down from the Arctic in Aapril I would be glad because at that time of year, it would still be above freezing but also dry and sunny.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I can't stop thinking about that asteroid that hit russia last winter. Imagine one of those things blew up over Bloor-yonge instead of a Russian lake? It would be crazy what would have happeened had that same asteroid blown up there!
blahhh
Deal Guru
User avatar
Aug 20, 2012
13246 posts
2583 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
sandikosh wrote: I hate rain! You can't walk when it's raining unless you carry an umbrella or wants to take a shower. With snow, you just brush it off.
I smell wimp-ish behavior goin right here...
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I swear I just broke my personal record for least amount of time spent in a store! I literally just walked in No Frills, saw right at the entrance my OJ I came for, and it was on sale for a buck each, grabbed 2, payed at the cashier that had noone in line, and walked out. I swear I spent no moar than 2 minutes in there! I don't think I will ever break such a record again!

Anyways, I wanted to share that the CFS model long range has us next week starting a period of seasonally average temperatures. So my most accurate model is now agreeing with what I have been saying. Also, ALL public forecasts also agree. I am so surprised that all sources are coming to terms with me Thursday start day for full fledged spring. This is great! Accuweather even has most of April in the double digits! neat!

Ok off to walmart. Let's see if I break a record in there too :razz: I bet I won't :|
blahhh
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 12, 2011
4081 posts
408 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: I swear I just broke my personal record for least amount of time spent in a store! I literally just walked in No Frills, saw right at the entrance my OJ I came for, and it was on sale for a buck each, grabbed 2, payed at the cashier that had noone in line, and walked out. I swear I spent no moar than 2 minutes in there! I don't think I will ever break such a record again!

Anyways, I wanted to share that the CFS model long range has us next week starting a period of seasonally average temperatures. So my most accurate model is now agreeing with what I have been saying. Also, ALL public forecasts also agree. I am so surprised that all sources are coming to terms with me Thursday start day for full fledged spring. This is great! Accuweather even has most of April in the double digits! neat!

Ok off to walmart. Let's see if I break a record in there too :razz: I bet I won't :|
Walmart on a Sunday? You're brave!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9336 posts
1734 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: I swear I just broke my personal record for least amount of time spent in a store! I literally just walked in No Frills, saw right at the entrance my OJ I came for, and it was on sale for a buck each, grabbed 2, payed at the cashier that had noone in line, and walked out. I swear I spent no moar than 2 minutes in there! I don't think I will ever break such a record again!

Anyways, I wanted to share that the CFS model long range has us next week starting a period of seasonally average temperatures. So my most accurate model is now agreeing with what I have been saying. Also, ALL public forecasts also agree. I am so surprised that all sources are coming to terms with me Thursday start day for full fledged spring. This is great! Accuweather even has most of April in the double digits! neat!
Ok off to walmart. Let's see if I break a record in there too :razz: I bet I won't :|
Forgot to pick up some seasonings for my fish dish and figured I'd head out early since supermarkets would be empty.

When I saw -10 I knew not many would go out so early but unfortunately myself included.

Hope the planet can get back on it's correct axis and norms but since everything be changing, this might be the norm for winter.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
gh05t wrote: Forgot to pick up some seasonings for my fish dish and figured I'd head out early since supermarkets would be empty.

When I saw -10 I knew not many would go out so early but unfortunately myself included.

Hope the planet can get back on it's correct axis and norms but since everything be changing, this might be the norm for winter.
El nino is coming so I am 99.8 percent sure that not only next winter will be better than this one, but that we won't ever in our lifetimes see the day Toronto returns to smashing its new record for number of consecutive days with snow on the ground. We beat the previous record by more than 2 weeks already! So either way, next winter will be better for sure, even if it's still very bad.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Typhoonz wrote: Walmart on a Sunday? You're brave!
Funny that both No Frills AND walmart had NOONE in line at all when I went! and I didn't even bother going to the express checkout and I took my sweet time getting there today. I did not get to Walmart til noon on this supposedly busy Sunday. Why there was no one in line, I have no clue!

I am guessing the nice weather. Weather was actually really good. the sun made this cold day actually feel great.

EDIT: wow! it is -7 with -15 windchill. Sure didn't feel like it with the intense sun.

EDIT: Walmart staff during that Walmart visit kept pissing off customers with "do you want to apply for" nonesense. When I try to cut it off with No I'm moving to Peru, she says "well you can still" and I cut her off with a big NO, no credit card!
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Looks like this years terrible weather has taken a mad turn. I heard that heavy rain which came after a record cold winter is what is responsible for this natural disaster:

ARLINGTON, Wash. — Authorities say 18 people are unaccounted for after a massive mudslide in Washington state killed at least three people and forced evacuations because of fears of flooding.

Snohomish County Fire District 21 Chief Travis Hots said at a news briefing Sunday that they suspect there are people out there, but the situation is too dangerous for rescuers.

He said the slide is "basically like quicksand." Searchers had to turn back late Saturday after attempting a rescue in an area where signs of life were heard.

Authorities are using helicopters, and plan to drop rescuers into areas if they find signs of life

The slide has blocked about a mile of a state highway. Several people — including an infant — were critically injured and at least six houses were destroyed.


From another source:
“It’s basically like quicksand, it’s extremely fluid, it’s moving. ... We have a massive amount of water that is beginning to back up and has backed up. ... There’s the potential of a big mudslide coming down,” he said.

This is what is making headlines right now. Mother nature is capable of anything!
blahhh
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 20, 2007
1774 posts
190 upvotes
NeverNeverLand
So does anyone think our summer will be extremely hot?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
frankyflwrs wrote: So does anyone think our summer will be extremely hot?
I read about it possible being a year of severe weather events. Not necesarily extremely hot, but quite possible somewhat hotter than normal, but with moar threats of tornados and thunderstorms than is normal. Severe thunderstorms with tornados north of t-Dot is a real risk due to the volatile jet stream.

EDIT: “My taste? I drink Bengal Spice tea because it’s good. Because it feels better to drink something knowing you don't need to add sugar to make it taste good. Because I deserve it for the sake of health. I drink it because it’s what health-crazy men do.”
Weatherman
[IMG]http://img16.tablica.pl/images_tablicap ... krakow.jpg[/IMG]
lol
blahhh
Jr. Member
User avatar
Sep 11, 2011
194 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
OP, you're counting down to the half days now?! :D What happened to your catchy DJ moniker? :razz:

I know some people think we discuss weather conditions too much, but that's what most people from places that have very cold weather do. They do that in the midwest. Unlike in places like Cali, they hardly do as the weather is pretty predictable-most days are sunny, dry, warm, and calm!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
cassandra111 wrote: OP, you're counting down to the half days now?! :D What happened to your catchy DJ moniker? :razz:

I know some people think we discuss weather conditions too much, but that's what most people from places that have very cold weather do. They do that in the midwest. Unlike in places like Cali, they hardly do as the weather is pretty predictable-most days are sunny, dry, warm, and calm!
Yes I am counting down half days. you can see I am very desperate to get outta here. But really, there is only one third left of my original countdown so I am happy. I replaced the DJ part with the Philippines part :razz: I am excited I finally also determined which city in the Philippines I plan to move to after I finish in Peru. Pasig City is a place where everyone is in a party mood!

I keep wondering how I will deal with the weather issue there though. I think the weather is the only issue I will have there and it may be worse than any other place I have been. Heat and rainstorms may be excessive. Also, with el nino coming this year, I worry that I will have to deal with power outages and no rain for weeks when I am in Pasig City, Manila, Philippines. el nino could make my like in the Phils a disaster. That is not till December though.
blahhh
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 30, 2010
2814 posts
577 upvotes
Kagaaruk, NU
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: I keep wondering how I will deal with the weather issue there though. I think the weather is the only issue I will have there and it may be worse than any other place I have been. Heat and rainstorms may be excessive. Also, with el nino coming this year, I worry that I will have to deal with power outages and no rain for weeks when I am in Pasig City, Manila, Philippines. el nino could make my like in the Phils a disaster. That is not till December though.
lol that's just the tip of the iceberg. wait until you experience all the insects and swarms of mosquitos.

i think i might start up a mosquito forecast in the OT forum and use it to continually deliver bad news to you just as you did to us. =)

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)