Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2152 posts
440 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Trees are already coming down again, my power was out for a few hours and keeps going off an on. Should be an interesting 48 hrs.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/44645 ... hazardous/

Winter returns, making driving hazardous
WINTER Weather system moving into Hamilton will bring unspringlike conditions.
TREE
Paper Cloud Media,Twitter Picture

A tree down on West Avenue in high winds Monday, a day of up and down temperatures and the return of winter
next play/pause pre 2/2Hamilton Spectator
An Arctic cold front is expected to sweep across Southern Ontario late Monday, replacing spring like weather with snow, freezing rain or ice pellets.

Environment Canada issued a special weather statement for Hamilton on Monday morning, warning that "temperatures will go up and down like a roller coaster.

The first hit will be showers, accompanied by occasional wind gusts up to 85 km/h later Monday, followed by the cold front expected to hover over the area through Tuesday.

Showers will begin to change over to a few centimetres of snow Monday night, with the risk of a few hours of freezing rain or ice pellets. Temperatures will be sharply colder on Tuesday with afternoon values expected to be near or below freezing.

"Motorists should be prepared for a quick return to winter driving conditions, especially in areas that receive a period of heavier snow," Environment Canada said. "Roads and surfaces may quickly become partially to mostly snow covered and slippery."

However, temperatures will be moderate again by the end of the week, the weather agency said.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41281 posts
6441 upvotes
Windy here in Sauga City - off Mavis/Burnhamthorpe.
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
No wonder the storm caused those problems to happen. The wind was so strong as I left Walmart at Dufferin mall, I thought something was gonna get wrecked lol

I saw women wearing the most Arctic of winter jackets today! What in the world?!?!?!!?!? It's so warm out there!

Ok now tyme to cheque the jee eff ess! ;)
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8373 posts
3560 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
Holy crap if it's 10cm I'm working from home. Don't think my summer-only tires can go anywhere in that.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2152 posts
440 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
ToniCipriani wrote: Holy crap if it's 10cm I'm working from home. Don't think my summer-only tires can go anywhere in that.
OP has been warning us this was coming, so I left my tires on not taking them off until Thursday.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8303 posts
1871 upvotes
Ontario
JACKIE26 wrote: OP has been warning us this was coming, so I left my tires on not taking them off until Thursday.
All seasons FTW? ;)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
onlineharvest wrote: All seasons FTW? ;)
I don't get why they call them all seasons lol

They are good for 4 seasons: spring summer fall and baseball season ;)
blahhh
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2152 posts
440 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: I don't get why they call them all seasons lol

They are good for 4 seasons: spring summer fall and baseball season ;)
Correction, there is no such thing as spring anymore. It's now either wintring or springter (be careful how you say that one :lol: )
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8303 posts
1871 upvotes
Ontario
JACKIE26 wrote: Correction, there is no such thing as spring anymore. It's now either wintring or springter (be careful how you say that one :lol: )
That's what happens when you assign different names.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
JACKIE26 wrote: Correction, there is no such thing as spring anymore. It's now either wintring or springter (be careful how you say that one :lol: )

Lol yes. When you look at the forecast we have now, we don't have the original seasons anymore! Everything has changed! Now they have to adapt newly developed tires for our new set of seasons :)
blahhh
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
2703 posts
708 upvotes
Scarborough
Hey OP,
have you finished buying those shiny things for your oversea chic-kee-das?

Rain's stopped in sw scarboro.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Samwfive wrote: Hey OP,
have you finished buying those shiny things for your oversea chic-kee-das?

Rain's stopped in sw scarboro.
Nope I have not :)

And about the rain, the cold front has effectively cut off the rain and now the secondary area of low pressure is really winding up to our south. If it does a good enough job of winding up, we could get an excessive snowfall. Keep in mind that at least 2 snowstorms have overperformed this winter, so be prepared in case this happens all over again!
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41281 posts
6441 upvotes
I just hope the idiots stay put at home tomorrow!
Proud to be an Indian.