Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote: we have heavy snowfall tomorrow?
Yep. But it will melt from the beginning. Not too much will stick. But it will likely look heavy as it falls.

Nice to see winter back again :)
blahhh
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
294 upvotes
Midland
Polar vortex. LOL. :)
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I wanted to make observations on el nino. Before any other weather reporters say anything on this, I just wanna say that el nino appears to be malfunctioning! where there is supposed to warm water building up off the coast of Peru, I am seeing cold water rapidly building up. The largest pool of cold water in the world is located right around where el nino (always warm water) is supposed to be forming. All the warming is happening in the gulf of Alaska. I will keep a close eye on this, but I am losing confidence in el nino coming.

Other experts predicted it, now I am disapproving it based on analysis.
blahhh
Deal Addict
May 19, 2009
2462 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
I was in Aurora until about 2 AM and the rain was turning into sleet and flurries. By the time we drove down to downtown it was heavy rain at around 1 degree Celsius. Let's just say that driving on those hockey puck summer tires on a RWD car wasn't the smartest thing to do...

Just got back home now at 5 AM and I swear I saw a few flashes of lightning and some rumbles of thunder. I was out in a T-shirt this afternoon and I'll be needing my winter jacket tomorrow... The weather is whack, can we request Mother Nature return to normalcy? Please and Thank You.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
ultran00b wrote: ... The weather is whack, can we request Mother Nature return to normalcy? Please and Thank You.
I will be happy to process your request. There is a fee of 200 dollars to return the weather to normal. We accept visa and mastercard. Apply today for 3 years of normal weather and get get one year of unlimited polar vortex protection, 30 days above 32 degrees, exemption from all snowfalls above 5 cm and elimination of rainy days on weekends. :lol:

[IMG]http://www.wegotused.com/wp-content/uploads/3562.jpg[/IMG]
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41489 posts
6510 upvotes
Not a bad drive, just falling snow and such. Not much accumulation on the ground, however my area it is 2cm so far. Highways were fine, except for few accidents.

Folks I have gone through the liberty of creating this thread as I think it is important for us to know as well. Look at the most recent incident report which I called in.

official-accident-reports-thread-gta-to ... st18675588
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Line of snow appears stationary so this snow looks to keep coming down for the foreseeable future.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2160 posts
443 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Its lovely outside everything covered in a nice fuffy layer of snow its snowing pretty good by my me and visibility is reduced.

Sleigh bells ringing
Are you listening
In the lane
Snow is glistening
A beautiful sight,
We're happy tonight
Walking in a winter wonderland
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6792 posts
5867 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Line of snow appears stationary so this snow looks to keep coming down for the foreseeable future.

OP... I just noticed your signature stopped saying Quillabamba, and it now says Lima ... ???
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
roblombardi wrote: Image

OP... I just noticed your signature stopped saying Quillabamba, and it now says Lima ... ???
I decided to switch to Lima cuz there is a lot more to it and it sounds like I will enjoy it moar. quillabamba which I am now writing with lowercase is a small place and I think I would get bored of it fast. So I am doing Lima now :) The most notable factor is weather. This is the one place in Peru where it is always sunny, never cold and never hot. Just the right temperature day and night. It is the best place on Earth weatherwise.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6792 posts
5867 upvotes
Toronto
Cool, man... I wish you the best over there, and you can always visit Cuzco or Quillabamba if you want to, but it's a nice decision to move to a bigger city.
Another good thing.... you can easily go online, and will be able to keep commenting here!!

Is this the last day of snow? for this season.... like, for sure, sure?

Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: I decided to switch to Lima cuz there is a lot more to it and it sounds like I will enjoy it moar. quillabamba which I am now writing with lowercase is a small place and I think I would get bored of it fast. So I am doing Lima now :) The most notable factor is weather. This is the one place in Peru where it is always sunny, never cold and never hot. Just the right temperature day and night. It is the best place on Earth weatherwise.
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
roblombardi wrote: Cool, man... I wish you the best over there, and you can always visit Cuzco or Quillabamba if you want to, but it's a nice decision to move to a bigger city.
Another good thing.... you can easily go online, and will be able to keep commenting here!!

Is this the last day of snow? for this season.... like, for sure, sure?

I can choose at any time to go to Cuzco or Quillabamba anyways. It is just a bus trip away. I will be living in Peru for 7 months which is longer than I have lived in any one place in Canada (except York U village) since I became an adult.

And this has to be the last day of snow lol

EDIT: Christmas comes but twice a year ;)
blahhh